Wheel of Time Discussion (Spoilers)

Loge

5 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

For some reason I thought the I was silent.

I struggled with Kitiara...

In my head I had Kit-are-ee-yah.  Clearly had that second i trans located to the end of the word in my head!

On 8/8/2018 at 2:24 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

See, in my mind Cairhien was 'Care-he-in'. To find out it's supposed to be 'Keye-ree-ehn' was weird, as with so many other names. 

For my own peace of mind, I think I'll avoid audio books from now on. 

I was calling it 'Care-hine'.  What made me look at the pronunciation guide was when citizens of Cairhien were mentioned as being Cairhienin.  In my head I was hearing 'Care-hine-in' and that just wouldn't do at all.  So I changed to Kai-ree-ehn-in' which flows much better.

• 8 months later...
On 8/2/2018 at 12:07 AM, A True Kaniggit said:

Just finished book 11 of my reread, and I've just discovered something terrible.  My younger brother is visiting, and he's listening to the audio books. If the women on the tape is correct, apparently I've been pronouncing pretty much every single name in the series wrong for at least 15 years. 

LMAO!!! I listened to the audiobooks last year and I was about 50/50. I use the glossary in the back of the books, but somehow certain names just didn't stick. And some are just impossible!

I know this is an old post, but I was just directed to this thread by another member. I am starting my second re-read. I have to say, I think your name has got to be my favorite.

I am just starting my second re-read. I'm definitely going to be reading it with a different after all the various forum posts I've read (here and on Dragonmount.com). It should prove very interesting!

Isn't there any forum that has a section for each book of the series?

54 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I know this is an old post, but I was just directed to this thread by another member. I am starting my second re-read. I have to say, I think your name has got to be my favorite.

:D

That other guy? Yeah, he's pretty awesome.

Heh, every time I decide to read these books I always find something new I missed. I never realized how old Padan Fain was supposed to be.

While talking about him, Moraine says, "but he has been a darkfriend more than forty years". For some reason I thought he was in his upper 30's low 40's.

Even if he became a darkfriend when he was 10, this would put him in his mid 50's, at best. If he didn't join until his twenties then the guy was pushing 70.

I imagined him around his 50s I guess. When he's introduce in the EotW he is just described as skinny and gangly with a beak of a nose.

The group is in Barelon now, and I could have sworn Nyaneave had already caught up to them at this point. Shows how much I remember! Last time I listened to the audio books though, and I remember stuff better when I read it. Reading and listening together might be fun.

Speaking of, it's time to see what is going to happen to the gang next! :)

Archived