Deadpool 2 (SpoilyourbreechesstupidautofillAway)

Corvinus85

4 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Does that count? Considering he pushed further, and did all kinds of wacky things, I'm not really sure any of the mid-credits count. After all, if he saves Vanessa, he has no reason to become an X-Men trainee and meet Russell.

Also, when Cable jumps back the first time, he just pops up Terminator style, the second time he seems to take his own place. Deadpool does the same with Vanessa saving, but possibly doesn't with the other two (depending on whether (Bad)Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds are the same guy as this Deadpool) :dunno: Are there two Cables now?

Unless Deadpool 3 says otherwise, I'm going with the mid-credit scenes being non-canon.

I think this is the funniest movie I've seen since at least the first Deadpool, there were so many good lines, and the X-Force death montage was hilarious. My only slight disappointment was the lack of screentime for Negasonic, I loved her character in the first film and I wanted to see more (although seeing her with an on-screen girlfriend makes up for it somewhat).

Also, which X-Men were present in that cameo? I saw Beast, Cyclops, Quicksilver and Professor X, but I'm sure there were others there as well, it was just too quick for me to catch all the faces.

Edit: Another question, is the name of the orphanage just a nice comics reference or is it actually supposed to be linked to Mr Sinister?

6 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Also, which X-Men were present in that cameo? I saw Beast, Cyclops, Quicksilver and Professor X, but I'm sure there were others there as well, it was just too quick for me to catch all the faces. 

Storm and Nightcrawler too.

Apparently that side of the door was shot by the Dark Phoenix team, matching the angle and camera position of the Deadpool side of the shot.

I thought it was entertaining but more hit-and-miss than the first film. It did have some great scenes (particularly the parachute jump and the end credits) but sometimes the humour seemed to fall a bit flat, particularly in the early stages of the film. I thought Domino was a good addition to the franchise, the scene showing her using the luck to infiltrate the convoy was probably the best (largely) non-comedic scene in the film. It was a bit disappointing that Morena Baccarin got reduced to uttering platitudes from the afterlife for most of the film, I did like Deadpool saving her at the end although as soon as Cable's time travel device was introduced I thought it was fairly obvious that it would be used to save her - I'm a bit surprised Wade doesn't try to steal it from Cable as soon as he finds out about it.

I guess Blade Trinity wasn't memorable enough to be included in the "let's undo Ryan Reynolds' bad superhero film choices" sequence.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:02 PM, RumHam said:

Curious, was there a Thanos joke?

It's more of a reference than a joke, but I think Deadpool does call Cable 'Thanos' at one point. I wonder if it might have had more of a joke about Infinity War if it hadn't been filmed before it came out.

I feel like DP wearing Cher's infamous "Turn Back Time" outfit was a missed opportunity. And I don't consider myself prudish, but was anyone else thrown back when Cable dropped the c-bomb? Unexpectedly jarring.

Overall it was a fun film and the use of X-Force was the best misdirection of a trailer since the Hulk in Infinity War. However, I've two big complaints: the thought of DP as a dad was out of character and the whole afterlife sequences. Both really took me out of the film. I know the whole 4th wall stuff is just in Wade's fragmented, cancer riddled brain, but it throw in the time travel and it's all just kind of a mess.

8 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

I feel like DP wearing Cher's infamous "Turn Back Time" outfit was a missed opportunity. And I don't consider myself prudish, but was anyone else thrown back when Cable dropped the c-bomb? Unexpectedly jarring.

Overall it was a fun film and the use of X-Force was the best misdirection of a trailer since the Hulk in Infinity War. However, I've two big complaints: the thought of DP as a dad was out of character and the whole afterlife sequences. Both really took me out of the film. I know the whole 4th wall stuff is just in Wade's fragmented, cancer riddled brain, but it throw in the time travel and it's all just kind of a mess.

Slightly, but thinking about it, there is a joke in there somewhere about Deadpool missing the mark on what kind of person Cable is. Throughout their back and forth, Deadpool keeps accusing Cable of racism, but Cable definitely comes across as having some form toxic masculinity. He says stuff like dubstep is for pussies, drops the c-bomb, and even compares Deadpool with his wife. 

I agree things really didn't start getting good until X-Force was formed. I might have chuckled a few times in the first half hour of the movie, but it wasn't until after they jumped out of the helicopter that I broke out laughing. The first part of the movie just felt really disjointed. And most of the early jokes seemed to be recycled from the first movie. But the movie did get better the further along it went.

Saw this today and wasn't disappointed at all. As I said in a different thread, May will have been an amazing month of movies for me as long as Solo doesn't bomb, and I have heard it's pretty good.

I was a little surprised when they killed Vanessa off right at the start, though I should have known better since DP can't be happy.

The killing off of the X force was fantastic. And I was like, man, was that Brad Pitt as vanishing man or what ever his name was. Domino obviously held her own and has to be in any future movies in this franchise.

And yes, DP called Cable Thanos at one point, only reference I caught. I missed Stan Lee but thought a bust looked familiar. 

Going into this I was worried they were going to try to ramp up on what made the first successful, like in GotG2 going to the Nth degree with Rocket being ass.  Was pleased to see they just kept it at the same level and it worked just as well.  I've seen the 1st i don't know how many times, so my first reaction is to say I liked it more but that may just be familiarity.  Thought this was just as good.

If the miscredits is canon, I'm happy because it means Morena Baccarin could be back and I love seeing her play off of Reynolds.  Like he said though...lazy writing!

I won't see it again in the theatres, but I definitely will be getting this one when it's available.

Just saw the movie and found it great. The end I thought dragged a little though.

Of the new characters I agree that Domino was outstanding and looking to see more. The Juggernaut was enjoyable and liked Deadpool fanboying when he first saw him. Firefist was really good and really thought the actor was able to bring out the real pain and problems he was dealing with. I also want to give some love Yukio who I just joyful and her interactions with Deadpool were wonderful.

I found the action scenes really great. I thought they were quite dense with a lot going on and did not find it confusing to follow.

It was good, exactly what the you would expect and had some very funny moments. I much preferred the first one though. 

In the first movie there was a shit tonne of jokes but there were also at least moments where the movie took a breather. In this one I felt there's an overabundance of jokes and it's one after another after another. More doesn't mean funnier, you also need good timing. 

Damn. The good moments were great but there were a lot of retreads and strange choice of trying to be serious in places.

The Good. Juggernaut was a highlight and pleasant surprise. Loved they did him right and found the "juggernaut song" during his fight hilarious. I was surprised Mr Sinister didn't turn up, given the orphange was called "Essex" so was slightly disappointed that didn't pan out.

X-force. Everything about them from their introduction to their mission was excellent. This also highlighted where the film was best - when it went back to subverting expectations. This was easier for the first film as it was the first to play with open meta mockery of superheroes. There were times were the second was doing more of the same but in doing so it was no longer a surprise.

Most of the meta moments still landed well for me. I enjoyed the "that's just lazy writing" and "you're not getting any more lines.

I feel a lot of the problems with killing his wife could have been dodged if they'd had her killed via a fridge and given the opening credits felt it was a missed opportunity.

I didn't get the kid in this one. Loved the actor in hunt for the wilder-people but I wonder whether the kid was more comfortable with wilder-people's script (or Waititi's direction). His character didn't really work for me and the chemistry with Deadpool was off.

Cable is an odd-one. I'm not sure whether he really worked in the film but I actually would like to see him in his own film or leading X-force (version 2.0). I guess it was the clash in tone. That said when he and deapool actually started talking to/insulting each other they really did click. It's just a shame he spent most of the film simply as an antagonist.

Domino was good. Great screen presence and use of her powers. She could have probably done with a bit more fleshing out (particularly in her interactions with Cable) but the comic character is a bit devoid of depth anyhow. 

I still liked the film - I just hope they avoid doing a direct sequel unless they have a good script.  They need to drop the serious elements and stick to the nuttiness and it would be a shame for the franchise to wind up generic. I'm cool with Deadpool popping up in X-force though.

I saw this a couple of days ago. It was okay I guess, although I'm starting to think that I might come to dislike it more the more I think about it. I think there was just to many jokes and the whole thing just ended up being really grating and irritating. Plus a lot of the jokes were just not funny or was just incredibly predictable, like the whole X-Force gag.

I think Cable was probably my favourite thing about the movie.

And I have to admit the "cant draw feet"- joke was pretty funny.

Forgot to mention that I liked how they worked in deadpool's X-force uniform into the film. That was nicely done and got around the rather silly comic scenario of characters changing costume for solo and team adventures.

LOVED it!

The James Bond opening theme was brilliant - hopefully they'll riff off other movie openings for future sequels.

They need to give Vanessa her powers in future films.

Deadpool's final team looks waaaayyyy more fun than the X-Men!  Domino and Cable are awesome.  Loved the shot out to Hope (my favourite Phoenix).

So many funny bits, and the audience I was with was well up for it and laughed a lot which was great.  If I had to pick faves it would be DP in the X-Mansion, the recruiting and despatching of X-Force, and the mid-credits history re-writes - the audience were howling at those!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived