Deadpool 2 (SpoilyourbreechesstupidautofillAway)

Corvinus85

1 hour ago, ants said:

Watched it, really enjoyed it.

Did anyone understand the Canada line which was part of the post-credits scene?

I assumed Ryan Reynolds is Canadian, and Deadpool was saying he'd done thr country a favour by killing RR before e could make Green Lantern

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Super Duper Cut

I bought the Best Buy Steelbook but haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. I saw one of the deleted scenes is labeled Chess with Omega Red which has me intrigued. He’s one of my favorite X-Men villains. 

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I bought the Best Buy Steelbook but haven’t had a chance to watch it yet. I saw one of the deleted scenes is labeled Chess with Omega Red which has me intrigued. He’s one of my favorite X-Men villains. 

I haven't watched anything yet either. I'm waiting for some people to show up before I press play. They need to get a move on before I activate my landmines.

Edit: 15 minutes of extra footage though. 

I almost hope it's just half an hour of Deadpool saying "filler, filler, filler" over and over again. 

Edit 2: They're lucky I don't actually own landmines.

• 1 month later...

So I watched Looper 2. Was quite surprised to see Deadpool and mates show up in it.

But nah, I seem to be in the minority but I liked this more than the first one. It felt more comfortable with what it was doing with the humour, the action was definitely better, and the new characters were all on point. The only fly in the ointment was the fridging, but that didn't ruin the film, though it was a lazy decision- it'd have been far better and far more on-message for Deadpool if Logan had been his driving motivation all along.

18 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

But nah, I seem to be in the minority but I liked this more than the first one. 

That's the minority view?  Most people I've talked to seemed to prefer the second one, and I agree.  I think it's just more consistent throughout because it doesn't have to waste the first hour telling an origin story, and instead gets into the meat of the story pretty quickly.  That helps the pacing a lot compared to the first film, which is pretty slow for a while after the opening fight scene.

I liked them both equally.

I watched the super duper cut of this, and I think the optimal version of this movie would have been a combination between the theatrical and the super duper. The SD has a few funny extra scenes, but a poorer choice of songs for some of the main scenes, where they wisely went with other songs for the theatrical.

Some of the highlights among the additions in the SD cut are the extended montage at the beginning with Deadpool's fight in the baths over an Enya song, and Cable's arrival in the present, with Matt Damon talking about why toilet paper is a big lie.

I watched Deadpool 2 a few weeks ago.  Really enjoyed it, easily as good as the first.  There was less novelty value in the humor of course, but it was more comfortable and confident using the style again.

I don't know which edition I saw though.  Probably just theatrical release version.  Whatever Comcast was offering on Xfinity the first weekend it was available.

My wife hates the gore and doesn't love the humor either.  But this is just the latest in a long line of TV/movie mismatches in taste.

6 hours ago, red snow said:

The pg cut seems utterly bizarre. I imagine it would have to be a different film. Be interesting if it works as Hollywood would love the idea of being able to recut films

Well, they're doing it Princess Bride style and even filmed stuff with Fred Savage and Deadpool, so I'm guessing it's going to be done well and that Reynolds had a big role in it just like he clearly had in all the brilliant marketing.  I normally wouldn't support a PG-13 cut from a movie like Deadpool 2, but it really does seem like they're going to be very creative and funny with it, which is all that really matters.

I expect this to be a dig at Disney's acquisition of Fox. The film was already joking about being a family film, now it just needs to remove the R-rated stuff, and it becomes Disney gold. I will be disappointed if Deadpool doesn't demand a seat at the "Disney princesses table" for himself or for his girlfriend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the first Deadpool and was just waiting to see the second on bluray. But I think I'll end up taking my boys to see Once Upon a Time... If anyone sees it before I do, I'd appreciate a parent report. Not worried about taking my 13 year, but I also have a 10 year old.

Archived