The Lord of the Crossing - interesting or boring minor character?

The Commentator

On 5/17/2018 at 10:44 AM, Widowmaker 811 said:

I find Walder Frey to be one of the more interesting minor characters.  He is more interesting than some major characters like Jon, Sansa, and Samwell, if I'm being honest.  What follows is just some general questions about Walder.  I want to read your opinion of this man.  

1. Can you provide an example of Walder being stingy? Being generous?  How do you think Walder compares to the average nobleman in terms of generosity?
  2. If you were to treat Walder with courtesy and respect, do you think he could be trusted in business?  Say you were a nobleman who wanted to do business with the Freys and you treat them with respect, as opposed to what the Starks did, can you trust Walder Frey?
  3. Was Fat Walda a suitable match for Roose Bolton?  
  4. Do you consider it snobbery when Hoster refused to attend Walder's wedding?  
  5. How does our author view the Freys, in your opinion?  
  6. Finally, if you were Lord Walder, how would you deal with Robb's betrayal?  

1.  The term he gave Robb were more than generous.  

2.  Absolutely.  The Freys could not have gotten as rich as they did if people didn't do business with them.  The Freys marry out and so many of theirs are now in the households of other noble families.  

3.  Yes, she was.  All that silver made Roose one of the wealthier lords in the north.  

4.  Hoster was being contemptuous.  I guess Walder paid him back.  

Archived