Football - To Russia with Löw

Philokles

New thread as we reached 20 pages.

I am not sure what grounds Liverpool have to complain about Gladbach approaching Brewster. He is out of contract this summer and the rules preventing English clubs making agreements before it expires don't apply internationally. Maybe they hope the threat deters them even if it is hollow.

1 hour ago, Notone said:

The next tier of teams are probably Argentina, Belgium and (to a somewhat lesser extent) Portugal Poland, who still have some chances to win it, but are not quite as strong the aforementioned teams.

Fixed that for you.

23 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

I am not sure what grounds Liverpool have to complain about Gladbach approaching Brewster. He is out of contract this summer and the rules preventing English clubs making agreements before it expires don't apply internationally. Maybe they hope the threat deters them even if it is hollow.

Not sure, it only applies to english clubs. Wasn't it a similar situation last year with Dortmund, City and Sancho?

1 minute ago, polishgenius said:

Fixed that for you. 

Please. Lewandowski is good, but he is no Juskowiak. 

Anyway, on the take pride in your club side. The team took a short moment to check the tourist locations in DC before heading off to Detroit

https://www.mopo.de/image/30426620/2x1/940/470/25402cadece15e2c10f8c0dd8dd722d/Rj/bitte-recht-farbenfroh--die-us-reisegruppe-des-fc-st--pauli-posiert-mit-regenbogenfahne-und-einigen-muetzen-im-regenbogen-design-vor-dem-amtsitz-von---.jpg

Too bad I couldn't inbed the pic directly.

Looks like Buffon might not be retiring after all. Word coming out of Italy and France is that PSG have offered him a 1 year contract with an option to extend for a further year. Buffon is said to be considering the offer and a decision is expected by next week. 

3 hours ago, Horse of Kent said:

You all do realise that 400 replies, not reaching page 20, is the closure point?

2 hours ago, mormont said:

You all do realise that 400 replies, not reaching page 20, is the closure point?

Clearly I haven’t been paying enough attention.

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Surely every club every where is going to complain if their youth players get snaffled up?

English clubs have done plenty of this before of course, but there's plenty of it going around, certainly amongst the German clubs.

Liverpool can complain about Brewster going if he leaves, but not that Gladbach tapped him up - as the rules permit approaching a soon to be out of contract player.

I don’t know if Sancho’s contractual situation was the same, but if it was then they probably wanted to keep relations with City sweet by paying a small fee or thought the legal battle to show they were right was not worth the effort.

6 hours ago, mormont said:

There are 20 posts per page, so completing the 20th page is the same thing.  I usually start a new thread when we tick over into the 21st page. 

If Ox, Gomez and Lallana were all fit they probably all would have gone to the WC.  So with Hendo and Arnold, we’re back to five current England squad members even after Milner retired and Sturridge disintegrated.  We have a pretty good core of homegrown players.

Spurs and Liverpool together look like the core of the English team for a while — which helps because their tactics are similar — plus a couple each from Utd and City to round out the team and squad; and a GK from somewhere.

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

I don't think Jones had any chance of getting the ball there. He made it look like he was going for the ball, but I'm not convinced.

Apart from anything else why would he bother deliberately fouling him there?  De Gea wouldn't have a better chance from the penalty than he did saving any shot Hazard took from there, and he'd still be on the hook for a red if the ref did deem it on purpose. You do that outside of the box, not in that position.
He just fucked up earlier and was straining to make up his mistake.

Archived