y does dany have the best bond with Drogon

manchester_babe

23 hours ago, Noble Lothar Frey said:

Drogo was every bit as worthy if not more so than the other two men. 

On 5/19/2018 at 11:29 PM, Anck Su Namun said:

Drogo's life force or soul if you will, is in Drogon.  He was a powerful man who never lost a battle.  Likewise, Balerion was the most powerful dragon that we know of.  It is fitting that his soul,his second life, is Drogon.  

:agree:

1 hour ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Because Drogon deserves it.  Drogon took the place of the son that she lost.  Drogon is the most devoted of the dragons to his mother.  Drogon is the Momma's Boy of the dragon world.  He loves his momma.  

I'm smiling because he is. 

3 hours ago, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

Because Drogon deserves it.  Drogon took the place of the son that she lost.  Drogon is the most devoted of the dragons to his mother.  Drogon is the Momma's Boy of the dragon world.  He loves his momma.  

I don't see how you can see it that way. If anyone is a Mama's Dragon, it's Viserion. He is always climbing on Dany, clinging to her, throwing a tantrum when she pushes him away. Drogon pretty much flies off on his own, returning only when he hears the fighting.

10 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

I don't see how you can see it that way. If anyone is a Mama's Dragon, it's Viserion. He is always climbing on Dany, clinging to her, throwing a tantrum when she pushes him away. Drogon pretty much flies off on his own, returning only when he hears the fighting.

I agree. 

OT: I'm not exactly sure why she bonded with Drogon over Viserion either. Besides the ATC parallels. 

On 5/20/2018 at 7:10 PM, John Suburbs said:

whose deaths paid for Rhaegel and Viserion?

1. "She knelt, kissed Drogo on the lips, and pressed the cushion down across his face."

2. "Rakharo chose a stallion from the small herd that remained to them; he was not the equal of Khal Drogo’s red, but few horses were. In the center of the square, Aggo fed him a withered apple and dropped him in an instant with an axe blow between the eyes.

~

Over the carcass of the horse, they built a platform of hewn logs; trunks of smaller trees and limbs from the greater, and the thickest straightest branches they could find. They laid the wood east to west, from sunrise to sunset."

3. "The fires swept over Mirri Maz Duur. Her song grew louder, shriller…then she gasped, again and again, and her song became a shuddering wail, thin and high and full of agony."

1. "She climbed the pyre herself to place the eggs around her sun-and-stars. The black beside his heart, under his arm."

2. "The green beside his head, his braid coiled around it."

3. "The cream-and-gold down between his legs."

3. "She heard a crack, the sound of shattering stone. The platform of wood and brush and grass began to shift and collapse in upon itself. Bits of burning wood slid down at her, and Dany was showered with ash and cinders. And something else came crashing down, bouncing and rolling, to land at her feet; a chunk of curved rock, pale and veined with gold, broken and smoking."

2. "And there came a second crack, loud and sharp as thunder, and the smoke stirred and whirled around her and the pyre shifted, the logs exploding as the fire touched their secret hearts." <- the second egg hatched, when the fire got under those logs, to stallion's body.

1. "The third crack was as loud and sharp as the breaking of the world." <- the loudest crack was when Drogon's egg hatched.

Three lifes payed for three dragons - "When the fire died at last and the ground became cool enough to walk upon, Ser Jorah Mormont found her amidst the ashes, surrounded by blackened logs and bits of glowing ember and the burnt bones of man and woman and stallion."

Order of hatching - "1. The cream-and-gold dragon was suckling at her left breast, 2. the green-and-bronze at the right. Her arms cradled them close. 3. The black-and-scarlet beast was draped across her shoulders, its long sinuous neck coiled under her chin. "

So horse's life paid for Rhaegel, and Mirri's for Viseryon.

Could be that Viseryon hatched first because life force, that was paid for his birth, was the freshest out of three sacrifices - Mirri was killed by fire. And Drogon hatched the last, because Drogo was smothered by Dany nearly 24 hours prior the burning. So Drogo's life force was the weakest out of three sacrifices, thus that's why Drogon's egg hatched the last out of three.

There's also another clue, hidden in sfx of eggs' cracking:

Viseryon - the sound of shattering stone; Rhaegel - second crack, loud and sharp as thunder; Drogon - loud and sharp as the breaking of the world.

Viseryon will be Jon's dragon. Because Jon is the dragon that will be awoken from stone, amidst smoke and salt.

"From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire" <- this is Jon's birth at the Tower of Joy.

Rhaegel will be Rhaego's dragon. His egg hatched with sound of thunder.

"Finally the crone opened her eye and lifted her arms. “I have seen his face, and heard the thunder of his hooves,” she proclaimed in a thin, wavery voice.

“The thunder of his hooves!” the others chorused.

As swift as the wind he rides, and behind him his khalasar covers the earth, men without number, with arakhs shining in their hands like blades of razor grass. Fierce as a storm this prince will be. His enemies will tremble before him, and their wives will weep tears of blood and rend their flesh in grief. The bells in his hair will sing his coming, and the milk men in the stone tents will fear his name.” The old woman trembled and looked at Dany almost as if she were afraid. “The prince is riding, and he shall be the stallion who mounts the world.” "

Stallion's life paid for life of the Stallion that will mount the world.

Drogon's egg hatching sounded like the breaking of the world. That's because his rider, Dany, was future Breaker of chains. She broke existing world order - slavery, and thus has broken the world, as it was before her.

'Cause Drogon is the biggest and the baddest... Balerion come again, and she has the blood of the Conqueror flowing in her veins. And that will make it more spectacular when the special snowflake takes it after the Mother of Dragons dies giving birth to a living child and returns to her sun and stars in the nightlands on the third mount she must ride, a smoky stallion emerging from her funeral pyre, a fire lit for love. 

On 5/20/2018 at 10:57 PM, John Suburbs said:

And then we look at the personalities of the dragons and we see Drogo clearly acting in the fierce, independent way of Drogo. Viserion, meanwhile, is very clingy with Dany, always climbing on her and craving attention, like a child desperate for his mother's love, while Rhaegal is rather aloof and distant, like she's not entirely trustful, even if she does not know exactly why.

:lmao:That's because Viseryon is dragon of Dany's third husband - Jon Snow.

Clues about Viseryon's future rider:

• "The cream-and-gold down between his legs." <- placement of Viseryon's egg on Drogo's funeral pyre.
  • "The cream-and-gold dragon was suckling at her left breast" <- near her heart.
  • His egg hatched with sound of shattering stone, and Jon is sleeping stone dragon. "From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire. . . . mother of dragons, slayer of lies ." <- the lie is that Jon is Ned Stark's bastard.
  • "A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness. . . . mother of dragons, bride of fire" - blue winter roses is symbol of Lyanna's and Rhaegar's love, and their child Jon. So Jon is a third head of the dragon, and Dany will be his bride.

And Rhaegel is more independent, same as Dany's son Rhaego, that was raised away from his mother.

On 5/21/2018 at 3:16 AM, chrisdaw said:

Drogon is Drogo's second life. Rhaego is also in there. That is two heads. Dany will join them, she is the third. The first topic in my signature is the best (and first) explanation you'll find for it all.

Also worth pointing out Drogo is and will be Dany's true, first and only love. Dany is the alpha of the relationship, she is more khal and more dragon than him. The stockholm sydnrome narrative is nonsense projection.

She was forced to marry him. And she didn't fell in love with him until months after their wedding. And he raped her, every day. And she even wished to die, or thought, that she will die. And only her connection with Drogon, saved her life, and she gradualy became stronger. That happened after she had her second dragon dream about Drogon, after her wedding with Drogo, when they were going to Vaes Dothrak. So Drogon is not Drogo's reincarnation, or anything like that. And also I wouldn't call Dany's and Drogo's relationship a true love. She had to make herself to fall in love with him, otherwise she would have became insane, suffering from all that raping.

3 hours ago, Megorova said:

snip

Yeah, sorry but I don't buy into the idea that a horse's death could pay for a dragon's life. If that were the case, you could slaughter a goat for the Faceless Men to give the gift to the Sealord.

The deaths have to be meaningful, which is why I think it was Drogo for Drogon, Rhaego for Viserion, and Mirri for Rhaegal, which I think is born out by the characteristics that each dragon displays later.

But we'll probably never know for sure.

16 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

The deaths have to be meaningful, which is why I think it was Drogo for Drogon, Rhaego for Viserion, and Mirri for Rhaegal, which I think is born out by the characteristics that each dragon displays later.

But we'll probably never know for sure.

I think, that eventually we will find out. That's if next book will ever be published. Because I'm sure, that Rhaego is alive, and he is most likely in Vaes Dothrak (or if not there, then in Asshai). So if Rhaego is alive, then his death is not part of equation "3 dragons for three lives". Also it isn't necessary for deaths to be meaningful, but what is necessary is for those deaths to happen in proximity (time and place) of hatching eggs. And Rhaego was born and supposedly died, at least three days prior hatching, and his body wasn't burned on that funeral pyre. Thus his life or death had nothing to do with the hatching of Dany's dragons.

4 minutes ago, Megorova said:

I think, that eventually we will find out. That's if next book will ever be published. Because I'm sure, that Rhaego is alive, and he is most likely in Vaes Dothrak (or if not there, then in Asshai). So if Rhaego is alive, then his death is not part of equation "3 dragons for three lives". Also it isn't necessary for deaths to be meaningful, but what is necessary is for those deaths to happen in proximity (time and place) of hatching eggs. And Rhaego was born and supposedly died, at least three days prior hatching, and his body wasn't burned on that funeral pyre. Thus his life or death had nothing to do with the hatching of Dany's dragons.

Well, we don't know how much time elapsed between Drogo's death and the pyre, but Dothraki are not considered dead until their remains are given to the flames and they are released into the nightlands. So if Drogo counted as a death, then so should whatever remained of Rhaego no matter how much earlier he died.

And yes, I am stretching it a bit to say that Rhaego was on the pyre but not mentioned in the text. But my humble opinion is that this is not as much of a stretch as saying that Rhaego is still alive. :D

2 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Well, we don't know how much time elapsed between Drogo's death and the pyre

We sort of do, though not in exact hours.

When Dany completely regained consciousness (second or even third time after Rhaego's birth), and when she asked them to show her Khal Drogo, it was still daylight. During night, that followed, Dany smothered Drogo with a pillow. Then nearly entire day passed, and on evening of that second day, when first star was seen in the sky, they burned Drogo's body. Thus it happened a bit less than 24 hours after his death.

2 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

And yes, I am stretching it a bit to say that Rhaego was on the pyre but not mentioned in the text. But my humble opinion is that this is not as much of a stretch as saying that Rhaego is still alive. :D

I really don't get why people think that:

1. Rhaego is dead;

2. Rhaego's life is a payment for one of Dany's dragons.

What made people think so? :dunno:

11 hours ago, Megorova said:

She was forced to marry him. And she didn't fell in love with him until months after their wedding. And he raped her, every day. And she even wished to die, or thought, that she will die. And only her connection with Drogon, saved her life, and she gradualy became stronger. That happened after she had her second dragon dream about Drogon, after her wedding with Drogo, when they were going to Vaes Dothrak. So Drogon is not Drogo's reincarnation, or anything like that. And also I wouldn't call Dany's and Drogo's relationship a true love. She had to make herself to fall in love with him, otherwise she would have became insane, suffering from all that raping.

The point of the dreams is that her child brings about the dragon, that is why she is pregnant in the first and the dragon is wet and slick in her blood in both. She has reared it. It is the second life of not just Drogo but Rhaego too, and it comes at the cost of Rhaego's human life, only made possible by her coupling with Drogo.

The first dream occurs before the wedding when she fears Drogo, thinking he is like Viserys but much stronger so he will be able to hurt her much more than Viserys. In that dream there is Viserys and then the dragon, and she fears both. The second dream occurs when she is pregnant by Drogo, Viserys isn't there and there is no longer any fear. She knows she is pregnant because of the dream.

When she fears Drogo, the union by which she will make her dragon, she fears the dragon, when she no longer fears Drogo, she makes peace with the dragon. It is a telling of their relationship, and Drogo is represented by the dragon. As the dragon is coloured for and outright fucking named for him. Seriously, Drogo to Drogon, GRRM couldn't do anymore to make it obvious.

And yeah yeah, modern day projection onto a girl who has always expected to marry by arrangement as every other girl in her whole existence. Meaningless. She was sad, she hated the Dothraki life, perfectly reasonable, but she never resented Drogo. We know this because GRRM took the time to make sure we know this, think why he might have gone out of his way to do that. Why it might be important.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:29 PM, Anck Su Namun said:

I believe there are two reasons:  (1)  Daenerys is the equivalent of Aegon the Conqueror and Drogon is Balerion the Black Dread come again.  They go together.  Daenerys is the strongest of the three heads of the dragon and therefore should have the most powerful dragon.  (2)  Drogo's life force or soul if you will, is in Drogon.  He was a powerful man who never lost a battle.  Likewise, Balerion was the most powerful dragon that we know of.  It is fitting that his soul,his second life, is Drogon.  

All true.  Dany is Azor Ahai, the only who "woke dragons from stone" and the only one who will.  That is the proof of who Azor Ahai is.  She woke dragons from stone.  Dany is the lead dragon and therefore has to have the strongest dragon of all.  The other two riders, if there are any, will be her wingmen.  Support, if you will.  They will play second banana to Dany and Drogon.  

On 5/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, Skahaz mo Kandaq said:

To answer the question why Drogon is Dany's favorite, yeah.  Drogon took the place of baby Rhaego.  Dany is literally the mother of dragons.  And yup, Drogon has a strong bond with his mother and knows when she's in danger.  Daznak's Pit is the proof of this unbreakable bond.  Just like her 3 Bloodriders have a strong, unbreakable bond with her, so it is with her dragons.  

7 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

'Cause Drogon is the biggest and the baddest... Balerion come again, and she has the blood of the Conqueror flowing in her veins. And that will make it more spectacular when the special snowflake takes it after the Mother of Dragons dies giving birth to a living child and returns to her sun and stars in the nightlands on the third mount she must ride, a smoky stallion emerging from her funeral pyre, a fire lit for love. 

You may be confusing the show, which is a joke, with the books.  I don't believe that crazy jon snowflake will get to ride a dragon.  At least, I don't want it to happen.

11 minutes ago, Bowen Marsh said:

All true.  Dany is Azor Ahai, the only who "woke dragons from stone" and the only one who will.  That is the proof of who Azor Ahai is.  She woke dragons from stone.  Dany is the lead dragon and therefore has to have the strongest dragon of all.  The other two riders, if there are any, will be her wingmen.  Support, if you will.  They will play second banana to Dany and Drogon.  

I think there will be three Azor Ahai, same as three heads of the dragon.

"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone."

Azor Ahai, that was born under Red Comet is Rhaego. Azor Ahai, that will wake dragons from stone is Dany (and those dragons are not only her three winged babies, but also Jon Snow - great stone beast from one of Dany's visions). Azor Ahai, the warrior with Lightbringer sword will be Jon Snow.

One of dragon heads is Aerys' daughter, and the other two - Jon and Rhaego are Aerys' grandsons.

On 5/20/2018 at 11:57 AM, Satoshi Takeda said:

Drogon chose Dany in a way.  His birth order also fit the order of Dany's birth, the last, the third dragon.  Both of them possess very strong and wild personalities.  The dragon blood analogue to the wolf blood.  It is not different really.  Drogon could not be caged and neither can Dany be caged in vaes dothrak.  It's a perfect fit.  The event that brought the dragons back is very unusual and may be unprecedented in history so we can't say for sure.  The dragons nursed from Dany and followed her around from the beginning.  There was no traditional bonding ritual involved.  The relationship was already there because of the way the dragons came to life.  All three at once and hatched by one woman.   Drogon is also more aware of Dany's state of emotions than the other two.  He's prescient and precocious.  He knew without being told what to do in the House of the Undying.  He knew when to come to Daznak's Pit.  That doesn't seem to me the behavior of a baby dragon, but I could be wrong since we know little about them.  A lion cub would not have that kind of mental maturity at that relative age.  Baby animals play.  Drogon looks after his mother.  

The bond with their mother was formed when the dragons were born.  The Targaryen dragons of old were not born this way.   Children have a natural bond with their mothers and so it is with Daenerys and her three dragons.  Drogon is special and it is easy to see why.  He keeps an eye on his mother.  While I would like to believe that dragons have their own souls and it is likely the case that Khal Drogo's soul is Drogon.  

25 minutes ago, Bowen Marsh said:

I too do not believe anybody else will awaken dragons from stone.  That is her calling card and proof of who she is.  IF there are two other dragon riders to provide wing support it will likely be Aegon Blackfyre-Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister.  George has said, one does not have to have Targaryen blood to ride a dragon.  Tyrion may earn his place the same way Nettles did.  My preference would be Jorah and Greyworm, but that won't happen.  

23 minutes ago, Agent Orange said:

IF there are two other dragon riders to provide wing support it will likely be Aegon Blackfyre-Targaryen and Tyrion Lannister. 

Tyrion is barely able to ride a horse. And every time he falls (not from horseback, just falls), his mouth is full of blood, and that's happening often. So it's unlikely, that he will be able to ride a dragon. There's higher possibility, that 3 years old Rhaego will be a better dragonrider than Tyrion. Also it seems, that both Jon and fAegon, are going to be a lie, that Dany will slay. Though there's a major difference between those two lies - Ned Stark lied to everyone, that Jon is his bastard, while actually the boy is Rhaegar's child; and fAegon and people around him are lying, that he is Rhaegar's son, while actually he is a descendant of Calla Blackfyre and Aegor Bittersteel. Obviously that Dany will punish only fAegon, while revelation of Jon's real identity will be beneficial for him. As the last male Targaryen, he will become Dany's third husband. And it's more likely, that fAegon will become dragon food, than him becoming dragonrider. 

4 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

You may be confusing the show, which is a joke, with the books.  I don't believe that crazy jon snowflake will get to ride a dragon.  At least, I don't want it to happen.

As Stannis tells us, it is not a matter of wanting. And I assure you that I am not confusing the books and the show. 

Archived