U.S. Politics; Who Watches the Watchers?

LongRider

In terms of the 2020 election, I think it will be Rock v. Austin with Trump as the special guest referee.  Rock will beat Austin, then Austin will stunner Trump again.

In other words, who the fuck knows about 2020.  It's interesting to look at the developing Democratic field, sure, but other than that there's not much to speculate about.

More trouble for Mikey today:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Adult film star Stormy Daniels’ attorney is expected to ask a federal judge on Wednesday to address claims that President Donald Trump’s longtime personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, leaked audio recordings seized from Cohen in raids of his home and office to news media outlets. ………………  

Daniels’ outspoken attorney, Michael Avenatti, said in a letter last week that he had reason to believe that Cohen had leaked audio recordings, which he said may relate to his client, to media outlets. Avenatti asked that Wood ask Cohen about the possible leaks.

Avenatti has also asked Wood to allow him to represent Daniels in the Cohen case. He has said he believes some of the seized materials could relate to Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford...………………….    

In a court filing on Tuesday evening, Jones said she had already turned over to prosecutors more than 290,000 seized items that were not marked privileged by Cohen or Trump.

She said that more than a million items from three seized phones had also been designated as not privileged by Cohen and Trump, and would be turned over to prosecutors Wednesday after a final review.

Gonna be an interesting day in court.  

6 hours ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

There will be an election, it's the outcome that doesn't matter. George Washington could rise from the grave and win, it won't change that the country is irreparably damaged.

There isn't even a country anymore.  Not really.  We are at least two countries, probably several more maintaining the increasingly thin and untenable delusion that we are a single nation.  While it could remain a single unit for sometime, the potential is there a split.  And it could happen very quickly once a threshold is crossed as the ground work has, largely without intent or comprehension, been being laid for some time.  

7 hours ago, Darzin said:

So I know it's probably to early but... how are you guys feeling about Trumps chances in 2020? Myself I'm optimistic that he won't win. Trump only won by the skin of his teeth last time and a tiny drop in support should do him in. In 2016 he benefited from having zero record and just being able to throw bombs and promise what he liked with a record to defend there is a lot more to push him on, plus this time he is the one under a cloud of investigation and general scandal instead of his opponent. If the Democrats nominate someone halfway decent then I think even with the incumbent advantage he stands a pretty good shot a losing. 

If he loses there will be rioting on the streets, and blood will be spilled. IMO the far right is primed to believe any and all accusations of election fraud and that it is only possible for a Democrat to win if the election is criminally rigged. So, take to the streets people!

The only way that doesn't happen is if Trump is primaried by a saner republican and he or she wins. But even then the Democrats will be to blame because they rigged the primary in favour of the other person, because they knew they would lose to Trump. In fact, if Trump gets primaried and loses, or even looks like losing, that will probably be the excuse he needs to try to cancel the elections. The primary is so corrupted it's not possible to select a Republican candidate who reflects the will of the republican members, therefore there can be no election.

And you know what will be used to support the accusation the Democrats are all to blame? Hillary stole the Democratic nomination off Sanders by fraudulent means.

Lol, and you guys laughed at me when months ago when I said I seriously thought there might not be 2020 elections.

I also still have concerns about the mid-terms. There’s still time for a, shall we say, trumped-up crisis requiring a ‘delay’.

My wife, who is normally much more of a glass-half-full person than I, pointed out that dumping Roseanne might be as much of doing the right thing for Disney-ABC as just doing the right thing.

They didn't want to lose their advertisers, she said. That brings back the old monetary considerations that motivate nearly everything in American society.

Roseanne has efficiently poisoned her own brand by letting her racist personality out on Twitter. (thank you, Ambien?). Unlike members of Congress, private corporations do respond to the potential reactions of their supporters.

Despite the ratings of the show, I don’t think it’s likely to be picked up by anyone else -- not even a network with the low standards of Fox.

Roseanne should get together with Mel Gibson to compare self-destructive abilities.

Archived