U.S. Politics; Who Watches the Watchers?

LongRider

13 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

1) Yeah, dude. The only way chicks can play football is to do it in a goddamn panty league. The WNBA was a punchline until less than 5 years ago, and it's not really the quality of play that changed.

2) Pretty much. Bitches can't even play baseball, yo.

And Dynamite is nitroglycerin stabilized with clay. Nitroglycerin is one of the most unstable compounds ever created by man.

You can thank the Minnesota Lynx dynasty for that!

:commie:

29 minutes ago, Notone said:

That's an awfully cynical view. I prefer the (more optimistic) narrative that Nobel himself was horrified, of what he unleashed. Afterall dynamite also had civil use (aside from the obvious military one). I am thinking of mining and tunnel constructions, if I am not mistaken, the explosive they used before were far more volatile and dangerous to handle.

I put Alfred Noble is in the category of Andrew Carnegie and John D. Rockefeller at other men of his time. There was a lot of wealth made and in the time of very little social safety and felt a need to act. I personally am more mix on their motivation, and my statement was more snark then cynicism. 

5 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

They're gonna start losing more and more people and then we're gonna find out they were killed in death camps and that they were turned to ashes.

That's ridiculous.

A nice fertilizer mulch would be far more efficient.

Trump’s Racist Immigration Policy Is Backfiring on Trump

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/trumps-racist-immigration-policy-is-backfiring-on-trump.html

Illegal crossings are rising again — a reversal that, the Post notes, “has stripped the president of one of his proudest accomplishments — the sharp drop in illegal migration in the months immediately following his 2016 win.” Immigration hawks — Trump’s most natural allies — are despondent. Naturally, Trump has no no grasp of the policy details and simply rages at his subordinates.

4 minutes ago, Pony Empress Jace said:

That's ridiculous.

A nice fertilizer mulch would be far more efficient.

Oh and we are now forcing immigrants to wear yellow bracelets / bands. 

And Oh oh, Detroit Become Human is worth buying. Sometimes the controls can get a little clunky, some plot holes, but the graphics are amazing, the voice acting is good, and there are a lot of different paths you can take. 

3 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

And Oh oh, Detroit Become Human is worth buying. Sometimes the controls can get a little clunky, some plot holes, but the graphics are amazing, the voice acting is good, and there are a lot of different paths you can take. 

I, for one, am absolutely 100% convinced that this lost children are not being illegally exploited and abused in any way whatsoever by anybody at all.

6 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

Do you get to make your own character or is it a set protagonist?

1 minute ago, Martell Spy said:

Because they are dead.

O lordessa, I hope not.  For even if they are being kept for nefarious labor and other purposes, even to become adopted by "good Christians", there is a chance that they can be found and / or escape at some point.

1 hour ago, Sword of Doom said:

They're gonna start losing more and more people and then we're gonna find out they were killed in death camps and that they were turned to ashes.

Except for the ones sold into the human trafficking rings. 

Edt; and the ones sold as slaves to pick fruit. 

5 hours ago, LongRider said:

Omg this is being reported in the NYT as well. 

Well wow, hard proof that republicans are pro slavery, imagine that in this day and age. I am shocked, shocked to see republicans engaging in slavery.

Trump’s and Bolton’s Instincts Form a Toxic Combination

The interplay between the two helps explain the confusion whirling around the North Korea summit.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/05/trumps-and-boltons-instincts-form-a-toxic-combination/561275/

In the end, Trumpism and Boltonism have produced an outcome that’s worse than either on its own. The summit is or maybe isn’t off, and the U.S. is back to threatening war but confusingly somehow seeking talks. None of this enhances Trump’s credibility as a negotiating partner. Meanwhile, North Korea still has its nuclear weapons, and could resume testing them. By confronting Beijing on trade, the U.S. has squandered some of the leverage it needs to convince China to keep imposing tough sanctions on Pyongyang. And with his initial letter cancelling the summit, Trump surprised and humiliated South Korean leader Moon Jae In,

More of the dumbster monetizing for himself his so-called position as POTUS:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/wtf-is-the-white-house-gift-shop-a-tpm-special-report

Gods, this pathetic, like everything else this travesty of a national leader says and does, anyone and anything around him, connected to him, says or does.

2 hours ago, lokisnow said:

Well wow, hard proof that republicans are pro slavery, imagine that in this day and age. I am shocked, shocked to see republicans engaging in slavery.

Or, as Karl Marx and Frederick Engles would have put it about labor and production -- capitalism rips the veil of sentimentality off the vision of the family.  If there were ever any groups who have more hatred for children and the family than rethugs -- well, I at least, find it impossible to find them.  The hypocrisy alone should choke them all.

Oh noes! There's trouble in paradise The Swamp:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was reportedly blindsided by President Donald Trump’s decision to cancel the denuclearization summit with North Korea, and he blames National Security Adviser John Bolton for the summit’s failure, NBC Newsreported Thursday evening.

Just an hour before the cancellation was announced in a letter to Kim — which Trump reportedly dictated to Bolton — the State Department blasted out a press release to reporters, highlighting the work the department had done with other Asian counterparts in preparation for the meeting, initially set to take place in Singapore next month.

The decision was so unexpected that the White House didn’t have a chance to alert congressional leaders or foreign allies ahead of time and the letter went public while dozens of journalists were inside North Korea to witness the demolition of its nuclear test sites. Trump was reportedly eager to pull out of the denuclearization talks because he didn’t want North Korean leader Kim Jong-un to do it before him, NBC News reported.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rift-pompeo-bolton-heart-north-korean-summit-cancel

Our master deal-making President, ladies and gentlemen. I have worked for multiple elected officials before, and I've never heard of someone announcing something publicly before fully informing all relevant staff. 

48 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Oh noes! There's trouble in paradise The Swamp:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rift-pompeo-bolton-heart-north-korean-summit-cancel

Our master deal-making President, ladies and gentlemen. I have worked for multiple elected officials before, and I've never heard of someone announcing something publicly before fully informing all relevant staff. 

One day Trump will manage to announce something publicly before informing himself. 

Archived