Did Grey Wind warn Robb about Theon?

Lee-Sensei

LOL  I opened this thread, thinking there'd be more to it, but your post did make me chuckle. 

Ok, working on my own fleetingly decent memory, I'm thinking, no, Grey Wind didn't warn Robb, because honestly, while still in both Robb and Grey Wind's presence, Theon wasn't exactly plotting Robb's downfall.  It was Balon's plans, as well as how Theon handled them and Asha and such, that led to Theon and the IB attacking the North.   

10 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOL  I opened this thread, thinking there'd be more to it, but your post did make me chuckle. 

Ok, working on my own fleetingly decent memory, I'm thinking, no, Grey Wind didn't warn Robb, because honestly, while still in both Robb and Grey Wind's presence, Theon wasn't exactly plotting Robb's downfall.  It was Balon's plans, as well as how Theon handled them and Asha and such, that led to Theon and the IB attacking the North.   

I thought it was self explanatory.:P

Interesting question, and to my recollection, no. For a while, I thought this was due to the fact the Robb or the other Stark children did not view Theon as a threat, so neither would their wolves. Remember how both GW and Summer reacted to Tyrion at Winterfell, even though Tyrion was not a true threat, just a perceived one? Or how Ghost was fine with Tyrion on the way to Castle Black right up until he made Jon angry?

But then GW did react badly to Rolph Spicer and several Freys even though Robb had no concerns about them at that point.

So maybe it's a little of both: they can sense when other people upset their masters, but they can also tell when certain people aren't right?

7 hours ago, John Suburbs said:

Interesting question, and to my recollection, no. For a while, I thought this was due to the fact the Robb or the other Stark children did not view Theon as a threat, so neither would their wolves. Remember how both GW and Summer reacted to Tyrion at Winterfell, even though Tyrion was not a true threat, just a perceived one? Or how Ghost was fine with Tyrion on the way to Castle Black right up until he made Jon angry?

But then GW did react badly to Rolph Spicer and several Freys even though Robb had no concerns about them at that point.

So maybe it's a little of both: they can sense when other people upset their masters, but they can also tell when certain people aren't right?

I guess it's because he wasn't planning on betraying Robb.

6 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

Theon.

Sure. The whole time Theon and the wolves were together in Game, nobody thought ill of him, so neither did the wolves. And even after Theon has betrayed the Starks in Clash, Summer and SD didn't attack him, Ramsey or the Freys in the Wolfswood. My guess is that they can sense from their masters that they have to lay low for a while and escape later.

But this makes Grey Wind's hostility toward the Rolph and the Freys all the more puzzling, since he obviously knew something about them that Robb did not.

17 minutes ago, John Suburbs said:

Sure. The whole time Theon and the wolves were together in Game, nobody thought ill of him, so neither did the wolves. And even after Theon has betrayed the Starks in Clash, Summer and SD didn't attack him, Ramsey or the Freys in the Wolfswood. My guess is that they can sense from their masters that they have to lay low for a while and escape later.

But this makes Grey Wind's hostility toward the Rolph and the Freys all the more puzzling, since he obviously knew something about them that Robb did not.

Maybe someone warging was trying to delivery a message trough the Wolf... But how Bloody Raven would know any of that, maybe he warged Jingle Bells too... Nah, i think they react to their bond, but have natural instincts about people too so they get angry by themselves sometimes.

Archived