Your heart's desire last words of GOT?

AlaerysTargaryen

So, I'm pretty sure the lot of you have imagined the last scene in next year season finale. Be it something of a realistically pesssimistic ending, as in snowy winds howling on everyone's graves and corpses, or Disney like weddings and coronations of the winners of the war against the dead.

There have been so many amazing quotes from the books and show, from almost every characters, and many of them are the last words of characters who die by violence or natural death (still heartbroken by "Egg, I dreamed I was old"). Anyways, what do you wish to see or rather hear in the very last scene?

On my part, I'd love to see the closing scene paralleling one of the very first scenes in the show, when Jon and Robb counsel Bran on his archery. That scene in Winterfell is about happy times , a pack of wolves being whole, it is a scene about family. And family I think, for the wrong and right reasons, is one of the main driving forces of the series. Both of the remaining protagonists, Daenerys and Jon, all they ever wanted is to have a place to call home, to be accepted , to give and receive love from family , after being on their own most of their lives and with so much duty on their shoulders. Simply put, to finaly belong . Whether one of them lives or dies in the end , the last shot I want to see is their kid, calling to one of them the sweetest words they'd never tought to hear:

" Father". " Mother".

Cheesy, I know. But the heart wants what it wants...

So, putting the tinfoil and theories of expected endings, momentarily to rest, what would YOU like to see at the very end?

Ps. Also, Tyrion better finishes that joke, in his last scene!

Hey @AlaerysTargaryen, nice OP, I don't think this has been asked before (or at least not too recently).  This is pretty difficult to answer for the TV show given that we are living in a post-boatsex world.

I suppose my ideal way for the show to end would be an epilogue ending of sorts, with Queen Arya telling her infant daughter stories about what happened to the major heroes who survived (I'm assuming this includes Sansa, Tyrion, Davos, Yara, Samwell, the Hound, Missandei).  As she is finishing up the "and they lived happily ever after" bit, King Gendry interrupts to let her know they are ready for her... doesn't matter who "they" are or what she is about to do, just a chance for a cute Arya/Gendry scene as rulers.  Could work with Sansa in place instead of Arya.

A darker ending would be Tyrion, Davos, and Gendry arriving in Essos somewhere after Westeros has been completely decimated, and after some cut scenes showing a slight passage of time as they try to grapple with what happened back in Westeros, it starts getting very cold and snowing and they realize the long night has followed them across the ocean.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting post, and also considerate to ask other members their ideas on the ending.

I hope that despite their family relations that Dany and Jon will marry.  After all, it is common among the Targs.  Smart? Maybe not, but it would be a great alliance.  I hope that Sansa reunites with Tyrion, and that the two have pure love for each other.  I wish that Dany's dragon stolen by the NK would no longer be under his control when faced by Dany.  I hope she is still the dragon's mother.  As for Cersei, Jamie, and the other Lannistars:  I'm unsure.  I want for them to realize that there are other important people than themselves.

So I sort of change my mind.  Instead of the closing words being a cute thing between King Gendry and Queen Arya, I'd like to have the "Entourage" tv finale ending.  In place of Johnny Drama and Turtle as the perpetually single and miserable guys, we have Tyrion and Bronn.  After observing everyone else's happily ever after, Tyrion and Bronn are mounted on horses looking at a healing country and Tyrion sort of sighs and asks"well, what is left for us to do now?"  And Bronn says, "well, we could find a brothel and get piss drunk" and after half a beat Tyrion shrugs and makes one of those might-as-well facial expressions and they ride off as the theme music swells in.  Ridiculous and undignified for an epic series, but totally up D&D's alley AND assures that St. Tyrion doesn't find an artificially developed for tv love.

15 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

So I sort of change my mind.  Instead of the closing words being a cute thing between King Gendry and Queen Arya, I'd like to have the "Entourage" tv finale ending.  In place of Johnny Drama and Turtle as the perpetually single and miserable guys, we have Tyrion and Bronn.  After observing everyone else's happily ever after, Tyrion and Bronn are mounted on horses looking at a healing country and Tyrion sort of sighs and asks"well, what is left for us to do now?"  And Bronn says, "well, we could find a brothel and get piss drunk" and after half a beat Tyrion shrugs and makes one of those might-as-well facial expressions and they ride off as the theme music swells in.  Ridiculous and undignified for an epic series, but totally up D&D's alley AND assures that St. Tyrion doesn't find an artificially developed for tv love.

Knowing this show, with all of it's wild killing of main characters, I don't think it will be a happy ending for all.  Regarding Sansa, she needs someone who she can depend on and loves, and so does Tyrion (my favorite character).  Realistically, I think your scenario is the better guess.  I hope you are wrong though!

On 5/21/2018 at 7:56 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Hey @AlaerysTargaryen, nice OP, I don't think this has been asked before (or at least not too recently).  This is pretty difficult to answer for the TV show given that we are living in a post-boatsex world.

I suppose my ideal way for the show to end would be an epilogue ending of sorts, with Queen Arya telling her infant daughter stories about what happened to the major heroes who survived (I'm assuming this includes Sansa, Tyrion, Davos, Yara, Samwell, the Hound, Missandei).  As she is finishing up the "and they lived happily ever after" bit, King Gendry interrupts to let her know they are ready for her... doesn't matter who "they" are or what she is about to do, just a chance for a cute Arya/Gendry scene as rulers.  Could work with Sansa in place instead of Arya.

A darker ending would be Tyrion, Davos, and Gendry arriving in Essos somewhere after Westeros has been completely decimated, and after some cut scenes showing a slight passage of time as they try to grapple with what happened back in Westeros, it starts getting very cold and snowing and they realize the long night has followed them across the ocean.

That'd be really cool!

On 5/21/2018 at 6:36 AM, AlaerysTargaryen said:

So, I'm pretty sure the lot of you have imagined the last scene in next year season finale. Be it something of a realistically pesssimistic ending, as in snowy winds howling on everyone's graves and corpses, or Disney like weddings and coronations of the winners of the war against the dead.

There have been so many amazing quotes from the books and show, from almost every characters, and many of them are the last words of characters who die by violence or natural death (still heartbroken by "Egg, I dreamed I was old"). Anyways, what do you wish to see or rather hear in the very last scene?

On my part, I'd love to see the closing scene paralleling one of the very first scenes in the show, when Jon and Robb counsel Bran on his archery. That scene in Winterfell is about happy times , a pack of wolves being whole, it is a scene about family. And family I think, for the wrong and right reasons, is one of the main driving forces of the series. Both of the remaining protagonists, Daenerys and Jon, all they ever wanted is to have a place to call home, to be accepted , to give and receive love from family , after being on their own most of their lives and with so much duty on their shoulders. Simply put, to finaly belong . Whether one of them lives or dies in the end , the last shot I want to see is their kid, calling to one of them the sweetest words they'd never tought to hear:

" Father". " Mother".

I'd personally go with an epilogue from either Sam's or preferably Bran's perspective, expaining what happened to alll the characters.

Or maybe, better, an scene from Westeros (whatever remains from that) or Planetos, from the sky.

Cheesy, I know. But the heart wants what it wants...

So, putting the tinfoil and theories of expected endings, momentarily to rest, what would YOU like to see at the very end?

Ps. Also, Tyrion better finishes that joke, in his last scene!

I'd hate that, but I can totally see this coming...even as the last scene of the show.

57 minutes ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

The other thing I can see coming but that I'd not like at all.

What I would want is a scene that ends with Bran telling his children about all he experienced, kinda how Old Nan told Bran stories. I think the first book chapter was with him (not including the prologue with the WW) so I would like it to end with him in some fashion, and him telling stories that he lived through (since when he was young he liked to hear about the stories) would be interesting.

As far as how the show will probably end, I assume it will be Bronn telling a dick joke.

• 1 month later...

This isn't something I specifically desire, but it would be cool if Sansa or Arya or even Jon tells their child 'winter is coming'. Which would mean that there may be a possibility the NK could gather his forces again sometime in the future. Future generations of Starks, Lannisters, Targaryens, Tarths(i can hope) and Baratheons will have to fight him. I believe this would be more interesting than the NK being permanently defeated.

• 3 months later...

In the finale, I'd like to see something that hearkens back to this quote:

“It all goes back and back," Tyrion thought, "to our mothers and fathers and theirs before them. We are puppets dancing on the strings of those who came before us, and one day our own children will take up our strings and dance in our steads.”

Basically, seeing the "next generation" showing signs that they emulate the current generation. For instance, Jon/Dany's child not being burned by boiling water, Sansa's child being the spitting image of a little Arya (that would be funny), or little Sam wanting to be a wizard, just like older Sam.

I just like how history repeats itself, or seems to.

For the actual last words of the series, I'd love it to be something about the Citadel declaring that fall/winter is starting. To strike a suspenseful tone by heralding the end of spring/summer days. Because then it'd be like oh great, what is going to happen this time?

Archived