Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

58 minutes ago, Mikael said:

Like most of these event things, ill miss the one tomorrow, combining kids and stuff with pokemon is hard :D luckily, i have a decent larvitar and 200 candies so ill at least get one with heavy slam.

Why have you not taught the children to play Pokémon and bring them with you? On community day I see all these kids with their parents. The ones with phones catch some darn good Pokemon and the ones who don’t have their own phone are handed their parent’s phone and are being taught how to play! It’s a laugh to see a three year old jumping up and down yelling, ‘I caught him! I caught him!’.

3 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

Why have you not taught the children to play Pokémon and bring them with you? On community day I see all these kids with their parents. The ones with phones catch some darn good Pokemon and the ones who don’t have their own phone are handed their parent’s phone and are being taught how to play! It’s a laugh to see a three year old jumping up and down yelling, ‘I caught him! I caught him!’.

Little Jax has his own account and we pokemon walk occasionally...but he doesn't keep the interest going on a consistent basis.  It can be tough.

And side note, first ever, random, in the wild caught Gyrados today...

OK, so quick story: three weeks ago we did a show at a stately home in the Borders. I woke up early, as is my wont, and wandered around before anyone else got up. There were two gyms in the place: I dumped an Exeggutor in the first, which was already under Mystic control, and battled my way into the second.

My Pokemon in the second gym got dumped out within 48 hours. The Exeggutor is still in there. This morning marked three weeks. I now have a gold badge for that gym. It's my fourth highest gym ever. And all I've ever done is dump one Pokemon in it.

3 hours ago, La Albearceleste said:

OK, so quick story: three weeks ago we did a show at a stately home in the Borders. I woke up early, as is my wont, and wandered around before anyone else got up. There were two gyms in the place: I dumped an Exeggutor in the first, which was already under Mystic control, and battled my way into the second.

My Pokemon in the second gym got dumped out within 48 hours. The Exeggutor is still in there. This morning marked three weeks. I now have a gold badge for that gym. It's my fourth highest gym ever. And all I've ever done is dump one Pokemon in it.

And it'll get booted five minutes after a different gun earns you your 50 max coins for the day and you'll get nothing for your three weeks...

19 hours ago, La Albearceleste said:

I had a similar thing last year, oddly enough also with an Exeggutor. It was at a random church in Derbyshire on a bellringing outing and stayed there over a month

19 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

I missed the first one I got because of a crashed phone, so I feel your pain! <3

I was just mad because it was at 6pm and I get off at 5 and it's a 40 minute ride, so no problem.  But my deal settlement date got extended, and even though I came in early, I couldn't leave until after 6...it was an 11 hr day, with barely 15 minutes for lunch (that was to get the lunch, over half of it was still sitting on my desk at 4:30 when I began to worry about food poisoning since it was 4+ hours old (steak & cheese wrap))

I was sooooo busy, I forgot to even open a bag of M&Ms for 2 days! :lol:

I'm looking forward to being able to trade.  I have 24 I can give Alex...but it will take a while. I am always short on stardust (he might get half of them on his own before that happens :lol: ) I've made a list for him to prioritize.  I bet the shiny magikarp is in the top 3

(I should reactivate his Blue account and then he can trade with himself for some of them-he's so far behind because he started over with a yellow account, after over a year))

The rollout for trading starts with people at Level 40. Some time later they will introduce other levels. If you look at your app under your avatar image, you will see it now says ME to the left and FRIENDS to the right, across the top. And the words "Please come back when you hit Level 40 to access the Social feature!" under Friends, lol!

I'm 694,000 away from Level 38 so it will be a while for me....

You can share codes, but aside from sending gifts it doesn't do you much good. 

Lvls 30 and up I believe can now be friends. 

Make sure that you have a free egg slot before opening gifts so you can get the Alolan special 7km eggs. 

There are special 7k eggs in some of the gifts you receive from friends. They hatch the white Alolan Vulpix and Sandshrew and I guess other mon, all of which can only be hatched, not caught.

Do not open gifts from friends unless you have a slot open in your eggs bag or the egg in the gift box will be lost! I opened my first few gifts before I knew this!

Archived