Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

2 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

Lol, I guess you got your own back, I just hatched a Meowth from you!

Nice!

Truthfully though I've only seen Meowths and Sandshrews from the eggs this far...I want the Grimer though!

6 hours ago, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

Nice!

Truthfully though I've only seen Meowths and Sandshrews from the eggs this far...I want the Grimer though!

I have hatched two Grimers, not very good ones, but the holy grail is the Vulpix, which there are few off. And now I have also been hatching Rattatas, a shame since they can be caught in the wild.

I'm mostly annoyed by the Alolans, so far I've only hatched Rattatas, which I had already caught in the wild..

I checked and saw that I had an Alolan Persian too, still, I'm pretty bored with pokemon go right now.

Took 20 eggs, but I finally managed to hatch 2 sandshrews, 2 vulplix and 2 grimers....and 14 Meoths :lol:

Now I'm done with those and trying to get some regular eggs again.  If they put Marowak, Riachu, Geodude and Diglett in the eggs, I might go back to trying to hatch them (they were only available during the Safari event)

I do like the friends thing though...mostly I like seeing what the pokestop was that the gift came from

Man these events aint making the game anymore interesting. Theyve even managed to remove the fun in catching a new monster, since everytime i see a new one, i know theres no urgency to catch it since its most likely part of an event and will be littering the map for the next couple of days.

Anyone know how long the 3x xp will last and if it works on evolution+egg?

The reason I have now caught more than a hundred Roselia is for the chance to get a shiny! The shiny has a black rose instead of a blue rose. And after the initial introduction, there are fewer of them to catch, so you have to strike while the iron is hot!

And now the reward for completing a week of Field Research tasks is Snorlax with a special move, body slam.

And next weekend there are two special events, Articuno day on Saturday, with Articuno with a special move available in 5* raids for 3 hours, and Community Day on Sunday, featuring Squirtle and a special move for Blastoise evolved that day. And if you complete research tasks, you have a chance to see and catch Squirtle with sunglasses!

19 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Took 20 eggs, but I finally managed to hatch 2 sandshrews, 2 vulplix and 2 grimers....and 14 Meoths :lol:

Now I'm done with those and trying to get some regular eggs again.  If they put Marowak, Riachu, Geodude and Diglett in the eggs, I might go back to trying to hatch them (they were only available during the Safari event)

I do like the friends thing though...mostly I like seeing what the pokestop was that the gift came from

Exactly! Love the gifts from around the world.  Definite side benefit of people from the Board. 

I didn't realize some of those Alolan were lef in their release those far. 

And shiny Roselia...? I guess that's one way to entice people to catch a useless pokemon...

I think that's all of them.

As of this morning, I have just 3 gen 3 pokemon I need to evolve (Ludicolo, Metagross and Milotic) and 1 gen 2 to catch (unown).  The rest I'm missing are either regionals or legendaries. The legendaries seem to be making the rounds again, or as awards from the field research, so I'm not too worried about them (I only got Entei of the dog ones, but I do have 3 of him) 

Gen 1: 149/151

Gen 2: 93/98

Gen 3: 112/125

354/374

Missing these regionals:

115 Kangaskhan

122 Mr Mime

214 Heracross

222 Corsola

313 Volbeat

324 Torkoal

337 Lunatone

357 Tropius

369 Relicanth

And these legendaries:

243 Raikou

245 Suicune

377 Regirock

379 Registeel

380 Latias

382 Kyogre

384 Rayquaza

Corsola seems to be either migrating or deregionalised, it’s showed up in Britain today.

Also, my first four Alolan eggs have hatched one of each mon. The next three were all Meowth

23 minutes ago, Maltarinho said:

Corsola seems to be either migrating or deregionalised, it’s showed up in Britain today.

Also, my first four Alolan eggs have hatched one of each mon. The next three were all Meowth

I hope it shows up here too! Our weather is down right tropical at the moment (10+ days of 90+ weather with heat indexes over 100 for half them)

I finally hatched a rat...and then 3 more :( (I had caught a dozen or so of the little beasties already). And I forgot I still had 2 empty spots when I did my gift exchanges this morning, so now I have 2 more Alohan eggs :( 

13 hours ago, Mikael said:

Anyone know how long the 3x xp will last and if it works on evolution+egg?

3XP is just for catching - not on evolution. It does work with a lucky egg, and lucky eggs run an hour now. 

It's 2xp for hatching and raids as well. 

I made Level 38 yesterday afternoon, much to my surprise, because I knew I had 25,000 points to earn. But the 3x feature meant I was there in a flash!

And good grief, I already have 67,000 points! Only 2,933,000 to go!

But after I posted my level change in the WhatsApp group I belong to, one of Level 40 people, pointed out that with using lucky eggs and raiding with best friends, he had had a 200,000 point day yesterday, so he urged me to make hay this week while the sun shines!

21 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Missing these regionals:

115 Kangaskhan

214 Heracross

222 Corsola

313 Volbeat

324 Torkoal

357 Tropius

369 Relicanth

And these legendaries:

243 Raikou

245 Suicune

377 Regirock

379 Registeel

384 Rayquaza

I amended your post to show the regionals I’m missing. I have caught 347, but I am seriously overdue a mass evolution and I think those 7 are ones I will be evolving,

Lany, am I going to break your heart when I tell you there are 28 Unowns? I think....! 26 for every letter of the alphabet and a question mark and an exclamation mark, and I heard some new ones might be released. I was stunned when my WhatsApp friends opened a trading chat and people posted the unowns they had. These folks knew about the trackers long before I did (I only found out about them shortly before Niantic blocked them) and they used the trackers to hunt down the Unowns, which would only appear very briefly in 2 or 3 places across Toronto. They literally hopped in a car and drove across the city to get them! 

They also knew about trackers that displayed IV levels, and thus have stables of fighters with perfect IVs!  :crying:

I came across an Unown once and could not catch it. My one and only encounter.

A few days ago people posted pictures from the Dortmund event in Germany, where huge crowds participated in one of the ‘this goal must be reached’ events which triggered the event we are in now. Niantic produced special Unown sightings and screen shots of pokestops surrounded by letters of the alphabet were posted the way we would post pictures of a Pokestop crowded with pigeys and swinub and marill and other run-of-the-mill mon we see here. Sooooo jealous was I!

Dont know if I'll even attempt to worry about Unown. 

Not counting the Kanto regionals I'm lacking, it's Hitmonlee that's my white whale.  Can't seem to get the combo needed to evolve one and every time one pops up in my nearby box, it's when I'm in a hurry going in the opposite direction of where I'd need to be.  Twice in the last 6 weeks that's happened...

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, Casablanca Birdie said:

I amended your post to show the regionals I’m missing. I have caught 347, but I am seriously overdue a mass evolution and I think those 7 are ones I will be evolving,

Lany, am I going to break your heart when I tell you there are 28 Unowns? I think....! 26 for every letter of the alphabet and a question mark and an exclamation mark, and I heard some new ones might be released. I was stunned when my WhatsApp friends opened a trading chat and people posted the unowns they had. These folks knew about the trackers long before I did (I only found out about them shortly before Niantic blocked them) and they used the trackers to hunt down the Unowns, which would only appear very briefly in 2 or 3 places across Toronto. They literally hopped in a car and drove across the city to get them! 

They also knew about trackers that displayed IV levels, and thus have stables of fighters with perfect IVs!  :crying:

I came across an Unown once and could not catch it. My one and only encounter.

A few days ago people posted pictures from the Dortmund event in Germany, where huge crowds participated in one of the ‘this goal must be reached’ events which triggered the event we are in now. Niantic produced special Unown sightings and screen shots of pokestops surrounded by letters of the alphabet were posted the way we would post pictures of a Pokestop crowded with pigeys and swinub and marill and other run-of-the-mill mon we see here. Sooooo jealous was I!

Yeah, I know how many Unowns there are, but I've never encountered one.  I think a couple of my group might have more than one and be willing to trade.  I just want to complete my pokedex, I don't need one of each variety of them. 

I play less than 1 hour a day, and it's rare for me to go chasing things.  I make 3 stops on my way to work, and 2 stops on my home.  If there are any raids about to happen in town as I am driving home, I'll join them if the timing is right. (my second stop is at what I concider my "home" gym, just 5 minutes outside of town. While there, I check the group messages for raids they are trying to organize).  On weekends, I'll frequently go out at like 6 in the morning and hit all the pokestops in town and catch a few 'mons. I'm trying to do the community days, but I did miss one or two of them.

I think of myself as a pretty passive player, although I do play most every day.  What's funny is that my husband thinks I'm obsessed.  He obviously has no idea what obsession really looks like. :lol: 

My wife got 500k exp yesterday when we went to the 4th event. Sitting with 3 lured pokestops with lucky eggs running for 3 hours it was crazy good experience. 

Archived