Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

No worries.  Hitmonlee isn't going anywhere.

We were talking at work yesterday and decided we are in the eye of a hurricane (as opposed to the calm before the storm): we just had this super busy crazy time, have a slight lull, but in a few days, we're about to get hit twice as hard.  It will be an insane 3rd quarter.  Last week of July, first week of August will be especially bad as my co-worker is out for 6 days and I'll have to do her job too (I'll get even though, a week after she comes back, I'm out for 7)

In other Pokémon related news, we've gotten our second middle of a weekday ex-raid pass.  Pretty pissed about it. 

23 minutes ago, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

Random Alolan geodude in the wild this morning, as well as digletts appearing in my nearby box, but haven't gotten one of those yet...

Another event has started! All kinds of shinies, like the Plusle and the Minun. And the Dugtrio is hilarious, they look like three Trumps...

10 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

Another event has started! All kinds of shinies, like the Plusle and the Minun. And the Dugtrio is hilarious, they look like three Trumps...

Ugh. Shiny Plusle and Minun?  They just love making the horrible pokemon the shiny ones...

I love the idea of having 2 days for the community day in August, but Eevee is a dumb choice for it unless they are releasing Leafeon and Glaceon.  (you'll be able to catch the evolved forms too)

Don't get me wrong, I LOVES me some Eevee, have a Vaporeon in my top 10, but man, they were so common for so long, and I still see quite a few of them.

eta:  I just read a "theory" that they will do the gen IV eevees, but every article I have read seems to miss the part from the "news update" that says "the Evolution Pokémon will appear in the wild"

My hope is that they'll make each hour of the event a guaranteed evolution of a specific type, so if you evolve from 10-11 you get Vaporeon, 11-12 Jolteon ,etc. 

My wording on it is that only the Eevee has the special move, but it's very unclear. 

And I'm saying that they won't have the evolved forms running around - they'll have an hour window where you can guarantee evolve it to a specific specialized form. But who knows! The squirtle community day was totally different; maybe this one will be as well. 

I was trying to find an on-line version of the in-game news report, but even the update site didn't have it.  That's were I read that the eevees will already be in their evolved forms.

In my search, I did come across this interesting bit about Gen 4.  I hope the release is not too far off.  With only a few things left I can still catch, and all pretty rare, I'm getting really bored.

16 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I just realized I am traveling on the second day of the event :(  I hope I can find Eevees in the airports.  I think I land in Portland 30 minutes before the event ends :( 

Well that sucks! Thank goodness, at least, we have trading!

17 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I just realized I am traveling on the second day of the event :(  I hope I can find Eevees in the airports.  I think I land in Portland 30 minutes before the event ends :( 

Pfffttt...I need top try to coordinate startups at gas stations if I want to participate during those two days... I'll be driving home from Florida...

On 7/21/2018 at 7:58 AM, Casablanca Birdie said:

Well that sucks! Thank goodness, at least, we have trading!

I love the internet.  I arrive at the Portland Airport (terminal C) at 12:05 pst, and I will fly out of A,B, or C, at 1:44 but they are all one long terminal, really, and I have nearly 1 1/2 hours there.  There are 14 pokestops and 3 gyms along the length of the terminals and I'll hit part of the 2 of the 3 hours of the event. If I get adventurous, I can catch a few more stops in the other areas of the airport. Nice that it is not a total loss.

Archived