Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

Eggs do seem to be dropping at a lower rate.  I still need one more before I open up anymore gifts so I don't get useless Alohaon eggs (I have 4 still incubating and take up space    ).
For people like me that don't tend too catch more than what they need of pokemon types, I have a list of Gen 4 pokemon that evolve from earlier Gens as well as their estimated candies to evolve (I wish I knew some of them sooner.  I have ignored a lot that I now need to catch)

(They are in Generational order)

462 Magnezone
Magneton
463 Lickilicky Licktung 50
464 Rhyperior Ryhorn 100
465 Tangrowth Tangla 50
466 Electivire Electrobuzz 50
467 Magmortar Magmar 50
470 Leafeon Eevee 25
471 Glaceon Eevee 25
474 Porygon-Z Polygon2 100
424 Ambipom Aipom 50
429 Mismagius Misdreavus 50
430 Honchkrow Murcrow 50
461 Weavile Sneasel 50
468 Togekiss Togetic 100
469 Yanmega Yanma 100
472 Gliscor Gligar 50
473 Mamoswine Piloswine 100
407 Roserade Roselia 50
475 Gallade Kirlia (Male) 100
476 Probopass
Nosepass
477 Dusknoir Dusclops 100
478 Froslass
Snorunt (Female)

eta:  I guess it's not really going to recharge my pokemon hunting much, I do have enough to evolve most...just 7 that I will still need to catch.  I can kick myself for the Ryhorn...I recently evolved 3 or 4 and then powered them all up, otherwise I'd have enough for him too)

Ryhorn (8)
Polygon2 (6)
Sneasel (2)
Togetic (6)
Yanma (10)
Kirlia (Male) (14) + male
Snorunt (Female) need female/have candy)

Zapdos day was pretty awesome. Did 36 raids, average 5 minutes per raid. I ended up with one perfect and 5 shinies. Everyone in the car got at least one shiny this time. It's not quite the 63 raids someone in London did, but for our area it was very good. 

6 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Zapdos day was pretty awesome. Did 36 raids, average 5 minutes per raid. I ended up with one perfect and 5 shinies. Everyone in the car got at least one shiny this time. It's not quite the 63 raids someone in London did, but for our area it was very good. 

I was stunned to see a route mapped out by some of the guys here got them 37 raids...walking. Walking!

13 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

I was stunned to see a route mapped out by some of the guys here got them 37 raids...walking. Walking!

Dang, that's impressive. We don't have the density to do that much anywhere other than maybe downtown Seattle, and probably not that. Another person in our discord did 60 raids in the Seattle area - one every 3 minutes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back when my daughter was 12 or 13  we bought her her first game boy and the first Pokémon game.  Then my son got interested, then it was trading cards and a tv show. As she grew out of it*, my son's interest increased. Finally, after way too many years, he was growing out of it, just in time for my youngest son (Alex) to get interested.  That's nearly 20 years of Pokémon for me, but in all that time, all the hunting for special cards to complete that first gen deck, the truly countless hours of that stupid tv show, where even after 16+ years, Ash is still a 10 yr old boy, through the red/blue and yellow, black and white, gold and silver, ruby and sapphire and who knows how many other game versions, I never once played the video games. (what can I say, Tetris was more my speed)  (*actually, she still plays, but it was no longer the obsession that had me driving 45 minutes to buy a special card)

So now that I am playing Pokémon Go, I read all the update article and blogs and such to make up for my lack of game knowledge. I need them, so I don't look like a complete idiot when I play with local groups.

I realized there was an issue when the August community day was first announced. I read what our little in game "news" report said and then went searching for more information. Yesterday we got an update to that original news report and I am still seeing the same problem.  Either I have a serious game comprehension problem or the people who write about this game CAN'T READ. Seriously.  Every single article talks about issues and speculations with evolving the Eevees. No where do they mention catching the evolved forms.  Not one seems to have taken the same meaning of "...the Evolution Pokémon will appear in the wild more frequently..." as I have.

The key words here are "Evolution Pokémon".  I read this to mean that Vaporeion, Flarion, Jolteon, Umbrion and whatever that psychic one is called will out be out wondering around.  I cannot be the only person who reads it that way, can I?

So tell me your opinion: I do I fail at game comprehension, or do they all (at least 10!) fail at reading comprehension?

(this is a less than half serious, not even half heart-felt rant :P )

8 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

@Lany Freelove Cassandra

My friends just told me the Eevee is actually called the Evolution Pokémon in the pokedex in the show. So it would be Eevees that are available, and possibly various evolved ones in raids and maybe quests. Maybe shiny Eevees in quests like the Squirtles!

Thanks!  I knew I had to be missing something. So missing the entire first hour on Sunday is really going to suck.  Being in an airport with just 7 pokestops for the rest of the time (just parts of hours 2 and 3) won't be so great either...but better than missing it entirely. 

This is interesting.  I need a bigger box.  I am still hoping that there will be special research tasks that will lead to shinys 

How many shiny Eevee you need to catch in order to get all shiny Eeveelutions

Most of our readers are interested in how many shiny Eevee they need to catch in order to get one of the each shiny evolutions. Luckily, a redditor by the name Bad_Neighbour, has done a series of calculations and concluded that you need the following number of shiny Eevee:

• 2 shiny Eevee for Gen II evolutions (Espeon and Umbreon), as these ones can be evolved by walking them as a buddy for 10 KMs and evolving during day (Espeon) and night (Umbreon)
  • 10 – 13 shiny Eevee to have a 95% to 98% chance that you will get at least one of each (shiny Vaporeon, shiny Flareon and shiny Jolteon)

If you combine that with the average chance to get a shiny during a Community Day event (1 in 23 – 25 event Pokemon), you end up with the following number of Eevee that you need to catch in order to have a shiny version of every Gen 1 and Gen 2 evolution (credits go to NotATakenNameOfUser who wrote a C++ program to calculate this):

~400 Eevee

41 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

It will take 40k/24miles to evolve a regular and shiny of Espeon and Umbreon, and it had to be done by sometime Monday (4pm EST in the US

It doesn't have to be done by then - only if you want the special move on them - and really, you don't, it's garbage.

Archived