Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

4 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Also, a fire event where fire types rarely spawn kind of sucks for all these quests that say 'catch 5 fire' or 'evolve 10 fire' or whatever. Bah. 

This. Although at least you can find a Numel or a Growlithe quest and use them, unlike the last round where the "catch a Meowth or a Growlithe" quest was impossible because there simply were none to catch.

11 hours ago, mormont said:

It will not.

The point of many of these quest tasks is to slow you down, spacing out the special research tasks, so the committed players don't finish them in two days and then complain about a lack of new content.

It did for me. I evolved the Umbreon late in an evening, then span a Pokestop and it counted as the first day of that quest.

28 minutes ago, Denvek said:

It did for me. I evolved the Umbreon late in an evening, then span a Pokestop and it counted as the first day of that quest.

Yeah, if you've already spun that day it'll still count a later spin as the first of the seven. But that's not what Lany was asking, at least as I understood her: she was asking if, say, you already had four spins towards your 'regular' seven-day streak, the task would count all four. :)

I posted the list, and yet I still hadn't realized you have to do 2 Eevees for 10k each.  This is going to take me forever. (ok, It probably won't, I was sick last weekend and didn't do any walking or pokemon hunting from the car).  I'm down to my last .75k on the first one.  It will be done tonight.

So at least 3 days for the 2nd Eevee, and then 6 or 7 more days of pokestops.  *sigh*

I've once again decide to try and switch to the red team, so I've made myself a new account that I will work at catching up to my yellow account (the first time I gave it to my son so he could switch from Blue to Yellow)

My friend code is 4397 6551 6538.

(I'll still do the main account...I can't promise I won't lose interest in trying to get everything again)

The Ultra Bonus unlock is announced. https://pokemongolive.com/post/globalchallenge-ultrabonus

September 13th-20th the three Gen 1 Legendary birds will appear in raids

September 20th: Mewtwo becomes the main Legendary raid battle when Regirock leaves, staying until October 23rd

September 13th-30th: Gen 1 Pokemon are more common in the wild, and the 4 Gen 1 regionals (Mr Mime, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, and Tauros) will appear in 7km eggs from Gifts.

2 minutes ago, Denvek said:

September 13th-30th: Gen 1 Pokemon are more common in the wild, and the 4 Gen 1 regionals (Mr Mime, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, and Tauros) will appear in 7km eggs from Gifts.

I'm assuming you have to receive the egg from a friend in the appropriate region.

37 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

I'm assuming you have to receive the egg from a friend in the appropriate region.

I don't think so; I think it's just a chance of getting it regardless of where it's from. 

I also suspect I screwed up and got a bunch of 7k eggs before the event started, and it's likely that they'll hatch bullshit Meowths. 

3 hours ago, Mikael said:

But why?

Mostly boredom.  I made it to level 11 over 35 minutes at lunch.  :lol:  I'm sure it took me a week or longer originally.

I also kinda hate yellow as a color.  But I will keep my original account active and play the 2 accounts. (I was appeasing a brat who now rarely plays...he comes out for special events and that's it)

14 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Mostly boredom.  I made it to level 11 over 35 minutes at lunch.  :lol:  I'm sure it took me a week or longer originally.

I also kinda hate yellow as a color.  But I will keep my original account active and play the 2 accounts. (I was appeasing a brat who now rarely plays...he comes out for special events and that's it)

Yeah, the new way exp works kinda sucks for those of us whos been at it from the start.

4 hours ago, Mikael said:

Yeah, the new way exp works kinda sucks for those of us whos been at it from the start.

Mostly it is how many NEW pokemon you can get quickly (and knowing to use the lucky eggs while doing it---I also never spent any actual money the first year I played. I now give myself $10 a month to buy coins :lol:  Even that little bit make a difference--primarily for incubators).  It took months to get 79 before, and I got that many in just a few hours.  I also have 5 I can evolve, but I'm waiting that step in the Mew quest.

Speaking of the Mew quest, I already know I am going to get hung up on the Evolve a Magikarp. the places where you can generally catch a bunch are all closed due to flooding and that is not likely to improve in the next 10-14 days at a minimum.  I currently have 1 random one, caught before I had access to pineapple berries. At least that is near the end of the quest.

I said this on Facebook but I'll repeat it here. While I was in Northern Ireland for TitanMoot, our tour of GoT filming sites went to Inch Abbey, a Cistercian monastery destroyed 6 or 700 years ago. The scene where Rob Stark was proclaimed King in the North was filmed in the ruins, as was the scene where Jaime Lannister was tied to a wall as prisoner of Rob.

There is a gym there. There were 3 almost-fainted Valor mon, so I took out the gym and installed my 2nd best Snorlax and decided to defend as long as I could. It reached the point where I realized I could go for gold. It took 13 days, 2 hours and 40 minutes, more or less, and 1117 treats to do.

Now...what should I name him? Rob? King Rob? Inch Abbey? Starkers? 

41 minutes ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

Friends tell me that the egg contents will roll over with the event, so you don't have to worry about opening all your gifts now, before the 13th.

lol.  I was doing that :P  It was annoying as I was trying to avoid current gift eggs, but my eggs kept hatching, so I always had room for more

I have a question to the board. My daughter has an iphone 6 and pokemon is basically unplayable on it because it drops the GPS all the time, and if there's a tree nearby, it will not find it again. So my question is, is there anything I can do to make the phone maintain its GPS contact or is it just a crap phone?

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, Kalbear said:

I don't think so; I think it's just a chance of getting it regardless of where it's from. 

I also suspect I screwed up and got a bunch of 7k eggs before the event started, and it's likely that they'll hatch bullshit Meowths. 

Level 40 hit with your ultra friend points, even though no egg was on!

Archived