Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Meltan is a mythical pokemon probably from Gen 8 (or at least considered Gen 8) - from the pokemon games that haven't been released yet. As a promotion for it and for the Pokemon Let's Go game coming out in November, it started showing up as dittos in Pokemon Go. 

There is no way to get it now, but chances are good that you'll get it as a special gift in Let's Go. 

Then what's the point...? I need to follow the games and their dynamics better...

45 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Then what's the point...? I need to follow the games and their dynamics better...

The point for now is to get people interested in the new pokemon and get them wanting it when it comes out in Let's Go. 

It's also a way to guarantee getting a ditto, which is oddly hard right now given the Kanto event that's happening (and the lack of pidgeys and rattatas). 

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

The point for now is to get people interested in the new pokemon and get them wanting it when it comes out in Let's Go. 

It's also a way to guarantee getting a ditto, which is oddly hard right now given the Kanto event that's happening (and the lack of pidgeys and rattatas). 

Ah. So you can actually catch a ditto that is this legendary then? Because the easy you worded it, it sounded like it wasn't. 

And I admit, I've barely paid attention to what Let's Go is meant to be.  Im a terrible gamer...

Got my second gym batch in Reborn now! To be frank, I'm astonished what a simple change of line-up was able to change against the damn brother of the gym leader and his Dartrix. Basically I just started out against his Sandile with Mankey instead of Vanillite (which I was trying to level before). Dartrix still wrecked almost my entire team, but having Vanillite face it fresh and being able to bring a single attack in, was enough to wear it down. My freshly evolved Noctowl did the finishing move.

Compared to that rival dude, the actual gym leader was a cake-walk. The only real challenge was her lvl. 24 Cradily. Mostly because of its annoying movepool: With Stockpile it raised its defense to ludicrous levels and then it just decided to sit the battle out with Recover and Hyper Potions. My Mankey was not amused about such a ridiculously drawn out fight in which I had to go through most of my potions. Her last Pokémon Cacnea was just frustrating because my fighters suddenly decided to miss thrice in a row, forcing me to make use of a revive...

Still, the tough level limit the game enforces for every gym match really gives you a sense of accomplishment every time you pull a victory at the last minute instead of just walzing through like in the main games. I'm just a bit scared about the idea that the last gym leader will have a team of lvl. 95 Pokémon...

Now I'm still a bit reluctant to enter the next area. Instead I decided to hatch some of the eggs I had gathered, as well as raise my friendship points with those Pokémon that need it to advance. I also needed to stack up on potions and given how I am constantly broke, the only way I know is through Pokémon with Pickup skill. Therefore I ran around doing simple encounters with my most ludicrous team: Meowth as my main battler, Zigzagoon and Teddyursa as scavengers, Budew and Pichu as cheerleaders, as well as an egg in the bag. Everyone except Meowth being in the single-digit area level-wise... Interestingly enough, while I did that, got two more shinies while running around on that roof-top garden, whacking bugs: A black Wurmple and a pink Caterpie. I was already thinking about getting that fancy white Beautifly I had seen in the game files, but instead it evolved into an edgy red-winged Dustox. Too bad. The Caterpie evolved into a Butterfree that looks like the one that hooked up with Ash's Butterfree in the Anime though, which is a neat Easter Egg.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

I hit level 40 in mid may. I'm already up to 42million thanks to friendship boosts. I have over 100 ultra friends now. It's nuts. 

That's crazy!  I have around 50 and want to delete a bunch and only have 20 friends total.  :lol: Mostly because I can't keep track of which ones I have opened and sent gifts to from day to day, and I suspect I keep doing the same ones over and over again (although once  or twice a week I do sort by heart and work from of the bottom of the list up, just to make sure I'm getting everybody)

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

That's crazy!  I have around 50 and want to delete a bunch and only have 20 friends total.  :lol: Mostly because I can't keep track of which ones I have opened and sent gifts to from day to day, and I suspect I keep doing the same ones over and over again (although once  or twice a week I do sort by heart and work from of the bottom of the list up, just to make sure I'm getting everybody)

And here I am thinking 6 is hard to manage.

Right now Mewtwo is the strongest ice attacker in the game, though that'll change in G4 with Mamoswine. So it's good, period.

While the CP might be about the same, it looks like from PokeBattler that both Alakazam and Espeon do better compared to MewTwo at DPS and TDO. 

Am kinda sick right now. Still tried to play a bit Reborn (which just worsened my headache yesterday, stupid me...).

So I entered the next two wards and it seems the weather is screwing me over in my fight against Team Meteor. There are two boss battles involving a stupidly overpowered Mega-Tangrowth, the second of which is a double battle in which it is accompanied by an entire team. And everything takes place on a forest field that massively boosts grass type attacks. My only chance is to make use of my Numel's Flame Burst to burn the field down to turn the tables, after which the first fight became hilariously easy. Too bad that it's raining the entire time and there are only few hours of clear weather in which it is possible to burn the field down and not get a severe penalty on Fire-type moves. Therefore I'm a sitting duck right now, unable to advance in the story.

Instead I trained more of my Pokémon while level-grinding through the forest. During that, I caught a shiny Paras, a shiny Sewaddle and a shiny Beedrill. I seem to attract shiny bugs right now... really would have wished for a shiny Pidgey instead...

I also scoured through Reborn's graphics files out of boredom and found all the shiny sprites. Much to my glee, the shiny Onix of this region is actually a crystal Onix like from an old Anime episode: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Crystal_Onix Back when I watched this episode as a kid, I really, really, really wanted to have one like this. So much, apparently, that I still remember it. Too bad that my Onix is just a regular old Onix that I got gifted by some Hiker. And so far I haven't seen any in the wild to try my luck at getting a shiny...

8 hours ago, Mikael said:

Can you still hatch regionals, even though the event is over?

8 hours ago, Denvek said:

I think so - the contents of an egg are determined when you get the egg, not when you hatch it.

The egg event has been extended to October 8.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, Denvek said:

I got a Tangela out of one, which is weird.

I got 3 Porygons (2 on my main account, 1 on the new). 

My son got 2 Mr. Mimes and the new account got 2 Kangas...I figure that's a pretty equal trade, when the friendship level increases a bit more

Archived