Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

9 hours ago, Greywolf2375 said:

Definitely not burning up the game like a lot of others, but I'm still stuck on throwing an excellent curveball...

This is a lot easier on some Pokemon than others. Wailmer, Ponyta, and Mr Mime are all good targets for this.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:19 AM, Maltaran said:

This is a lot easier on some Pokemon than others. Wailmer, Ponyta, and Mr Mime are all good targets for this.

Also Slowpoke, and he's around a lot during the current event.

Use a Nanab on the Pokémon so it doesn’t jump.

I would add Nosepass and Jynx to the list of easy to hit. I despaired of ever learning to throw a curveball when tasks first came out, I only threw straight shots. Took about 400 pokeballs before I got the knack! Then I despaired of ever throwing an excellent. 

Finally I kept my first ‘throw three excellent curveballs in a row’ quest. Took almost a month to get done. Tossed out then next two or three because it was so frustrating to do two in a row and always miss the third. With Mewtwo as a raid boss, though, I have nailed the excellent and have done as many as 7 in a row!

It will come to you, no worries!

And when I go on raids and watch some of the guys throw, it’s just amazing. Excellent after excellent after excellent. Once you get the right flick nailed down, you develop the motion memory and can do it with your eyes closed!

3 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Once you get the right flick nailed down, you develop the motion memory and can do it with your eyes closed!

Hehe, ive hit a few excellents when the display has been to dark to see the target. 

Anyway, just throwing regular balls at the research quests should be enough to make it, seeing how unwilling they are to stay in the ball.

Also, im probably about 50 alolan eggs in since the event started and finally hatched two kanga yesterday, so my kanto deck is finally complete.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, Greywolf2375 said:

Definitely not burning up the game like a lot of others, but I'm still stuck on throwing an excellent curveball...

I found I couldn't throw one at all on my old smaller phone.  Spent 10 days trying.  Finally I switched to the larger phone and got it on the first day. I didn't play around with my son's account...I switched him to the larger phone and got it in just 1 day too.

(it could be the cracked screen on the old phone or maybe just my bad eyesight :lol: )

The new patch has tons of G4 stuff, which likely means that it's going to be here in the next week or so. I would guess at least after the psychic event, and my personal bet is that it starts when MewTwo ends. 

I've read some stuff about the new patch nerfing defence and 'rebalancing' CPs, to make Blissey et al weaker and generally make beating up Pokemon in gyms quicker. (AKA, make earning Pokecoins harder and force players to spend more money on the game.)

Also, Meltan will only be obtainable if you transfer Pokemon to and from the new Pokemon games on Switch. 

10 hours ago, mormont said:

I've read some stuff about the new patch nerfing defence and 'rebalancing' CPs, to make Blissey et al weaker and generally make beating up Pokemon in gyms quicker. (AKA, make earning Pokecoins harder and force players to spend more money on the game.)

Also, Meltan will only be obtainable if you transfer Pokemon to and from the new Pokemon games on Switch. 

The new patch isn't supposed to 'nerf' defense - it's supposed to make it stronger, and make defensive-oriented pokemon better choices (because right now they're garbage). Blissey will probably be nerfed, but that's probably okay given how absurdly good it is compared to other pokemon defenders. 

17 hours ago, mormont said:

Why on Earth would I want to mess with another platform to continue playing a game...?  

17 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Why on Earth would I want to mess with another platform to continue playing a game...?  

6 hours ago, Greywolf2375 said:

$$$$

Yeah, that's not happening. I give myself $10 a month for the "stupid game" (which it really is)

It's now dark when I go to work, which means I'm playing less in the mornings than I did during the spring & summer and still always too tired to play at night. 

We are now having lovely fall weather and I miss being able to go to the park and walk during my lunch.  It's at least another 6 months before the road/bridge are completed that allowed me to get downtown to the park in under 10 minutes.  Of course gen 4 would come out when I'm pretty limited in my play.

I mentioned this on Facebook, and I will say it here too. I created a baby account (I'm almost level 9 now) mainly to trade with myself. Only one person l know likes to trade, everyone else wants to do 5 or 10 trades and that's it. One friend is a heavy trader, he wants to get a lucky version of every Pokemon! We did about 50 trades last night and I got three Luckys, an Alolan Sandshrew, a Grumpig and, la-dee-dah, we traded similar sized, big, lousy Magikarp (132 and 133 CP) and I ended up with a perfect karp! 132 CP turned into 182 and when I evolved it the final result was a 2718 Gyarados.

Anyway, FragileBird2 needs friends. I will have a very restricted list, mainly Westeros folk, and probably only 20 friends so I can open all gifts daily and easily hand out gifts. If you have the room the account # is 5405 2176 1835. I don't want to send requests to everyone because you may not want to have more friends. I understand. :)

Oh, and today I finally caught a perfect Machop! I have been doing the Machop quests (win 5 battles in a gym) but I have not gotten a good one and they are quite small, usually in the 400s CP wise. I caught this one in the wild, with a 1028 CP, close to the biggest I've caught in the wild. The biggest may have been about 1032. Anyway, it levelled up to 2476 and Level 30, my second biggest Machamp and with no extra dust! I've powered it up to Level 35, 2682 CP, and it took a ton of dust to do it. That's the best thing about Luckys, they only need half the dust, which is why you should all be trading!

7 hours ago, Mikael said:

Are machops rare where you live? I threw away a couple of lvl 25 wonders the other dag because theyre not worth the dust powering up when i can just catch the occasional lvl 35 one.

Wow! I’m jealous! 

They’ve been rare off and on because of all of the events going on. I caught a ton when the Fighting event was on earlier this year, but quantity, not quality. With the Psychic event almost over they’ve started to show up again, but as you say, I throw Wonders out because they are too darn small. Machamp is such a good fighter I have a whole stable of them but omg the dust! Catching a huge one like this was so great!

I am jealous of other players who were so much more tuned in than I was, back when there were trackers. They’ll post their team of fighters and they’ll all be perfect and when I ask how the heck they managed to do that, the answer is always they caught them with trackers. Someone would see a perfect show up on their screen and four guys would hop in a car and drive to wherever it was.

I posted my hundo in two chat groups and people immediately made an effort to get there and catch it but it was gone. 

The other thing about trackers was people caught Unowns with them. Unowns are very, very rare here and folk actually have the complete set of 28 (the alphabet plus iirc question mark and exclamation). I have only seen one in the wild and couldn’t catch it because my Level was too low, and a few months ago one showed up downtown and people were frantic to get there and catch it.

When there’s a Niantic event like the special-city events or at ComicCon, they scatter Unowns around for a brief period. I have the letter D from a friend who went to ComicCon this year and came back with a dozen or so for trading. They got snapped up pretty quickly.

I’m looking forward to next week’s Community Day with Beldum. I only have one decent one. They’re rare in the wild and hatches are usually mediocre and, again, small, so take a ton of dust to evolve. Shiny Beldum!

Oh, that reminds me, did anyone get a shiny Nidoran for Girls’ Day, or catch a shiny Drowzee? I now have 1300 Drowzee candy, up from about 200, so you see how many I caught. Finally got a crummy shiny. Ugly, ugly things! And I figured I wouldn’t get a Nidoran, but got one just before the 24 hours ended. Also lousy!

I added you to my baby account.  I feel like I haven't had any time to play lately.  I still need 22 more Togepie candies to complete the Gen 4s with earlier evolutions. (I do have 75 rare cadies saved up, but am saving them until I find out what are the "rare" Gen 4's)

I've given up on the shiny quest. I'm not even tracking which ones I have anymore (not many.  I think I have 1 that wasn't from a community day, and I hatched it)

2 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I added you to my baby account.  I feel like I haven't had any time to play lately.  I still need 22 more Togepie candies to complete the Gen 4s with earlier evolutions. (I do have 75 rare cadies saved up, but am saving them until I find out what are the "rare" Gen 4's)

I've given up on the shiny quest. I'm not even tracking which ones I have anymore (not many.  I think I have 1 that wasn't from a community day, and I hatched it)

Thanks! Baby now has 10 friends! 

Archived