Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

7 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

The dumbest part for me...I can't remember how to find the trainers for training...ugh...where to go in the app that is...

It's not easy. You go to the same place that you go to look for nearby pokemon and nearby raids. There'll be a tab that says battle. You can battle leaders there, or you can battle nearby players. 

If you want to battle ultra friends or more remotely, you access that from your friends.

5 hours ago, Kalbear said:

It's not easy. You go to the same place that you go to look for nearby pokemon and nearby raids. There'll be a tab that says battle. You can battle leaders there, or you can battle nearby players. 

If you want to battle ultra friends or more remotely, you access that from your friends.

The friends part I got.  The other part, Thanks!

Maltaran, we are one day away from best friends. I will hold off on sending you a gift until I hear from you here about whether or not you want to set up a time to place an egg for 200,000 points, since you are Level 38. I missed doing that for your brother, much to my regret.

Kindly advise if you care or not. I was driven to hit level 40, but looking back now I realize it didn’t really matter and I could have slowed down. I have a baby account that I’m going as slowly as I can with. :) 

On 12/20/2018 at 12:21 AM, Fragile Bird said:

Maltaran, we are one day away from best friends. I will hold off on sending you a gift until I hear from you here about whether or not you want to set up a time to place an egg for 200,000 points, since you are Level 38. I missed doing that for your brother, much to my regret.

Kindly advise if you care or not. I was driven to hit level 40, but looking back now I realize it didn’t really matter and I could have slowed down. I have a baby account that I’m going as slowly as I can with. :) 

I'm not particularly bothered - I rarely have eggs anyway, I tend to only spend coins on incubators.

Some people really really care about the points! I got into a keener mode trying to hit level 40, but with my alt account I don’t give a darn.

Some folks are convinced (and from what I’ve seen if Niantic, they may be right) that eventually points will be very important for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

The last set of tasks for the Meltan challenge is ridiculous.  2 of omanyte or kabuto, 2 each of anorith or lileep. Three of those four were somewhat plentiful 2 months ago, and lileep? Haven't seen one of those in the wild since the summer. And the third? Catching an aerodactyl? I've never seen one in the wild. Only caught one once through a raid and they sometimes show after a field research task...

Bah.

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

The last set of tasks for the Meltan challenge is ridiculous.  2 of omanyte or kabuto, 2 each of anorith or lileep. Three of those four were somewhat plentiful 2 months ago, and lileep? Haven't seen one of those in the wild since the summer. And the third? Catching an aerodactyl? I've never seen one in the wild. Only caught one once through a raid and they sometimes show after a field research task...

Bah.

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

All of those are available as research rewards this month. Good luck!

Specifically, for Aerodactyl you want the task to evolve a Pokemon using an item, Anorith is catch 7 Flying, Psychic, or Dark types, and Kabuto is catch 10 Ice types. If you're still needig a Cubone for the previous step, that's the catch 5 mon using raspberries task,

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

The fact that I've now seen a Melmetal in a gym, beyond the odd Meltan or three I've seen out there, makes me weep a little...how much walking did that involve?

More likely the person has a Switch and the Let's Go game.

I am later to the game so no doubt others have already lived my pain here.  But I cant catch a mimic to save my life.  I caught one in two days for the last quest... going on almost a month this time.

On the other hand, going to Hawaii for work in a week.  Sure hoping to grab a few Corsola for trading.

Archived