Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, Maltaran said:

My code is 8634 1884 1644 if anyone wants to add me

I just deleted you and then sent a friend request. Let's hope this friend trick works...

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:43 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

My code is 3628 0964 5572...

You too!

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Are you coming to San Jose this year?  

My code is 9432 2642 4668.  I just got a gift from Australia :)

And Lany, you are experiment #3! Let's hope Niantic hasn't tricked us....

I deleted all three of you and then re-added you!

I got my first EX raid pass, it's vs Mewtwo right? It's my first and the good news is that I will probably be in the vicinity regardless of the raid, the bad news is that it's a kind of awkward time and not many people raid at the local gym (that I know of). Is there like some bottom amount of raid passes handed out to make sure enough people show up to beat Mewtwo or should I expect to leave empty handed? 

3 minutes ago, Mikael said:

I got my first EX raid pass, it's vs Mewtwo right? It's my first and the good news is that I will probably be in the vicinity regardless of the raid, the bad news is that it's a kind of awkward time and not many people raid at the local gym (that I know of). Is there like some bottom amount of raid passes handed out to make sure enough people show up to beat Mewtwo or should I expect to leave empty handed? 

Usually at least 20 passes are handed out, and people show up early. You can also low-man MewTwo pretty easily; 5 is doable with most accounts, and 3 is doable with 3 strong accounts. 

Good luck! Check this out to give you an idea of how to catch it:

Thx! I'll have to keep the attack animation in mind if I get that far..

Btw, I accidentally transfered a shiny Sunkern and have yet to find another one. I blame the board, it should have informed me that they existed, that way I would've known to look for it :D

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Nah. Some shinies are really obvious, some aren't. They are contractually obligated to make the artwork match in-game, and that's just what the in-game system is. 

The glitch I’m talking about is that apparently you don’t get that swirling flash of light that you normally get with a shiny, so you know you caught one. I’ve been saving everything until I look at my list of caught Pokémon so that I don’t accidentally delete one. They still have the signature stars above them.

15 hours ago, Mikael said:

Thx! I'll have to keep the attack animation in mind if I get that far..

Btw, I accidentally transfered a shiny Sunkern and have yet to find another one. I blame the board, it should have informed me that they existed, that way I would've known to look for it :D

I did exactly this. Caught a Sunkern in a hurry, deleted it. I got the 'are you sure you want to delete this shiny pokemon?' dialogue and hit 'yes' before thinking. Immediately I realised what I was doing, quit out of the game, restarted it and found the game hadn't executed the command. Presto! Shiny Sunkern. :D

1 hour ago, mormont said:

I did exactly this. Caught a Sunkern in a hurry, deleted it. I got the 'are you sure you want to delete this shiny pokemon?' dialogue and hit 'yes' before thinking. Immediately I realised what I was doing, quit out of the game, restarted it and found the game hadn't executed the command. Presto! Shiny Sunkern. :D

Lol thats some quick reflexes.

Btw,  is it worth it to power up umbreon to fight mewtwo? For any other psychic id just use the regular high cp ones..

19 hours ago, Mikael said:

Lol thats some quick reflexes.

Btw,  is it worth it to power up umbreon to fight mewtwo? For any other psychic id just use the regular high cp ones..

No, it's not worth powering up anything to fight MewTwo, certainly not Umbreon. Power up TTars all day, no question. MewTwo is a very easy raid, and you should have more than enough people there. 

I think my local messenger group is moving to discord. It does seem like more people seem to use it and we can separate the chit-chat from the raid info. I personally haven't, but I found I was in a MD group I had no idea I had been added to.  Weird. (might have been when I joined one of the local fb pages, I guess.  I just don't remember ever making an account)

It was suggested that Discord be used for worldcons so I wanted to learn how to use it and see if it would be possible.  I'm thinking about what it would take to set it up and how to make it functional for the cons (and if it could be closed 11 months of the year) and maybe even make it for all AR games (ok, I know of 2, but everyone keeps talking about the Harry Potter one coming out "sometime"). It would certainly require having the link published with the con info or in the program.

• 2 weeks later...

These are the quests to catch the Celebi

(sucks that most of us had just finished walking and evolving Eevee.)

I don't know if the day you you're on will count in step 6 the "spin pokestops 7 days in a row" quest or not.  I'm hoping that it will, so if a person is on day 5, it will only be 2 days until they gat the day 7 award/complete the task.

'A Ripple in Time' Step 1 of 8

• Power up a Pokémon 5 times
  • Battle in a Gym 2 times
  • Battle in a raid

Rewards: 10 Pokéballs, Fast TM, Special Incubator

'A Ripple in Time' Step 2 of 8

• Make 3 new Friends
  • Catch a Pokémon 3 days in a row
  • Evolve an evolved grass-type Pokémon

Rewards: Sun Stone evolution item, 1,500 Stardust, Premium Raid Pass

'A Ripple in Time' Step 3 of 8

Rewards: Eevee encounter, King's Rock evolution item, Premium Raid Pass

'A Ripple in Time' Step 4 of 8

Rewards: Eevee encounter, 2,500 Stardust, Metal Coat evolution item>

'A Ripple in Time' Step 5 of 8

Rewards: Star Piece, 15 Pinap Berries, Up-Grade evolution item

'A Ripple in Time' Step 6 of 8

• Visit PokéStops 7 days in a row
  • Use 25 Pinap Berries while catching Pokémon
  • Use special evolution items to evolve Pokémon 2 times

Rewards: 3,500 Stardust, Dragon Scale evolution item, 5 Silver Pinap Berries

'A Ripple in Time' Step 7 of 8

• Catch 40 Grass- or Psychic-type Pokémon
  • Make an Excellent Curveball Throw
  • Earn a Gold Johto Medal

Rewards: 1x Charge TM, 10x Silver Pinap Berries, Celebi encounter.

'A Ripple in Time' Step 8 of 8

• Catch Celebi!

Rewards: 5,500 Stardust, 1x Super Incubator, 20x Celebi Candy.

2 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I don't know if the day you you're on will count in step 6 the "spin pokestops 7 days in a row" quest or not. 

It will not.

The point of many of these quest tasks is to slow you down, spacing out the special research tasks, so the committed players don't finish them in two days and then complain about a lack of new content.

1 hour ago, mormont said:

It will not.

The point of many of these quest tasks is to slow you down, spacing out the special research tasks, so the committed players don't finish them in two days and then complain about a lack of new content.

I didn't think it would, but I guess I'm lazy and was hoping ;) 

1 hour ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

On the other hand, if you already have the Gold Johto medal you can just go ahead and claim the reward.

(I tried to edit my previous post, but it wouldn't let me)

That's similar to the "Achieve level 25" quest from the Mew challenge. It's not like they can knock you down levels or take away your medals, so that makes sense that those would be automatic.

If you happen to have gotten your first spin of the day AFTER your celebi quest it'll count that as a day. (it did for me). 

I'm all done with the quest. It was fun, but not as fun as Mew was. 

Also, a fire event where fire types rarely spawn kind of sucks for all these quests that say 'catch 5 fire' or 'evolve 10 fire' or whatever. Bah. 

Archived