Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

There was a Turtwig near my office, but I can't leave to go get it.  Maybe it will still be there at 5.

This is the released list:

387 Turtwig
388 Grotle
389 Torterra
390 Chimchar
391 Monferno
392 Infernape
393 Piplup
394 Prinplup
395 Empoleon
396 Starly
397 Staravia
398 Staraptor
399 Bidoof
400 Bibarel
401 Kricketot
402 Kricketune
403 Shinx
404 Luxio
405 Luxray
417 Pachirisu
427 Buneary
428 Lopunny
441 Chatot
447 Riolu
448 Lucario
455 Carnivine

Note that Carnivine and Chatot are apparently regionals. So is Pachirisu. 

And Shinx may not be in the game yet; Luxio is hatching from 10k eggs, but it's unclear if Shinx is available. 

Not yet. Garchomp will eventually be quite good as a similar to Dragonite generalist/dragon. The legendary dragons will be great. Rhyperior, Electivore and Tangrowth all have potential to be good depending on moveset. Gallade will probably be a good fighting type against certain other types. Porygon-Z might be an excellent normal type, and Togekiss might be a really good defender in gyms due to how well it obliterates Machamp. 

That said, most of Gen 4 is going to be dominated by a combination of Machamps, Tyranitars with dark moves, MewTwo with shadow ball and dragons. 

14 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Not yet. Garchomp will eventually be quite good as a similar to Dragonite generalist/dragon. The legendary dragons will be great. Rhyperior, Electivore and Tangrowth all have potential to be good depending on moveset. Gallade will probably be a good fighting type against certain other types. Porygon-Z might be an excellent normal type, and Togekiss might be a really good defender in gyms due to how well it obliterates Machamp. 

That said, most of Gen 4 is going to be dominated by a combination of Machamps, Tyranitars with dark moves, MewTwo with shadow ball and dragons. 

I thought Shadow Ball was gone for Mewtwo?

7 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I thought Shadow Ball was gone for Mewtwo?

It's not available to get any more, but older Mewtwos with shadow ball still have it. They are going to be one of the best ghost attackers in the game, and even after Giratina gets released will likely be the strongest ghost attacker. 

On 10/18/2018 at 7:20 PM, AndrewJ said:

I burned a bunch of charge move change doohickeys trying to get Shadow Ball on one of my Mewtwos. Only to learn it's a "legacy" move. :bang:

Don’t feel bad. I only made it to 3 Ex-raids because I assumed I had time. One Mewtwo had Shadow Ball. I used all 19 TMs I had, trying to get Shadow Ball on the other 2, and got shut out. Other people reported it only took them one or two tries.

13 hours ago, AndrewJ said:

And to be truthful, the TMs had just been taking up bag space for some time. I'm only just now starting to get involved in higher tier raids where having good moves is at all meaningful.

Make sure your good Machamp have Dynamic Punch!

1 hour ago, Mikael said:

So, did yall evolve any good metagrosses? I didnt, though i evolved two decent ones and caught two terrible shinies that i didnt evolve. 

Didn't end up catching any good ones. Evolved 3 shinies that were okay. Traded a few and got a couple of 85% luckies.

Traded long after the event was over and my wife got a non-lucky 100%.

11 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Make sure your good Machamp have Dynamic Punch!

Lol. After reading this, I just used my last remaining TM on my Machamp (89% IV). And it changed his charge move from Close Combat to Dynamic Punch. :cheers:

If I could recommend only one thing to players, it's to invest in a team - at least 6 - high IV, high leveled Machamps with Dynamic punch. 

• They're not too hard to find candy for
  • They're not hard to do a tier 3 raid and get a good one
  • Cloudy is one of the most common weather types, so finding good IV/high level isn't too bad
  • They are the best generic gym attacker in the game
  • They allow duoing of a number of Tier 4 raids, including the most important one - Tyranitar
  • They're meta relevant for a surprisingly large amount of legendaries going forward

Super, super useful to have. 

The rumour mill says that tomorrow, after Mewtwo disappears as raid boss, Niantic will re-balance the CPs of all your Pokémon. That weird half hour last week where the re-balancing happened for half an hour and then reverted to the status quo did great things for some Pokémon and just destroyed my Blisseys. All those hours of walking my Chansey for extra candy! My strongest Blissey dropped 500 CP in value. And all of my 666 collection vanished!

Archived