Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

5 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Based on the regular game experience, my son thinks that Mamoswine should need 400 candies to evolve.  Anyone else have any thoughts on this? 

In the past when they've introduced another evolution to a chain they make the chain go back to a 25-100 number instead, and that's the expectation with the Gen4 evos here as well. It's possible they'll do something different in this case, but it's not that likely - especially since it's so hard to get candies for any given single pokemon that isn't super common and not in eggs/nesting. 

4 hours ago, Mikael said:

Well, will it be any good? I forget what theyre called, but mini aggrons are everywhere and aggron is something like 3k right?

Arons are not particularly good because their attack stat and attacks suck. They also only cost 25/100 to evolve. 

Mamoswine should be the best ice attacker in the game when it comes out. That's not saying a lot, but ice is decent against flyers and dragons. Electivire (the Electabuzz evo) is going to be on par with Raikou, and Rhyperior will be as good and occasionally better than Smackdown TTar. 

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Are you allowing the Adventure sync? Any privacy concerns, or are we past that?

None more than Google fit has. If you're cool with that it isn't any thing more. 

1 minute ago, Mikael said:

Speaking of swinub, i just caught a 98, lvl 33.

Anyone know if adventure thingy uses a lot of battery?

I haven't noticed it, but it won't run on the little zte phone I use for my son's account.

btw, have you gotten Lunatone yet?  I got a second one this morning 

57 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I haven't noticed it, but it won't run on the little zte phone I use for my son's account.

btw, have you gotten Lunatone yet?  I got a second one this morning 

Nope, we can do the swap if you like.

14 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Caught the or four. Seen a couple others. Seems like they nest by my office. 

Nice.  I had only seen them when I was in California...once right at 9am, so it was gone before I got there, and the other 2 at the airport, after I had gone through security and I couldn't get to them.

Then this past week, we had 2 show up in the neighborhood, just randomly

woo hoo - I finally got my excellent curveball and got Mew!  hopefully I never have to do that again.

Since the step tracker was introduced it seems like the game shuts down randomly a whole heck of a lot more often.

2 minutes ago, Greywolf2375 said:

woo hoo - I finally got my excellent curveball and got Mew!  hopefully I never have to do that again.

Since the step tracker was introduced it seems like the game shuts down randomly a whole heck of a lot more often.

Congrats! That took me a while a well. Now I can occasionally do 3 Excellent throws in a row. I found the sweet spot on Mewtwo and just knocked off Larvitar quests, but have not found a raid boss that's that easy since.

If I go out and walk for half an hour and play, the game shuts down 4 or 5 times.

1 minute ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I really don't know how that step tracker works...sometimes I think it's on, other times, it's not.  I just take what it gives me in the end.

It's definitely picking up more than previously, but agreed - not sure it's actually tracking steps.  I have a tracker on my phone and they do get way out of whack.

Beware! 

The CP adjustment that was dry-run a few weeks ago is rolling out at 1:00 pm PST, 4:00 pm EST. What’s that in the UK, 9 or 10 pm?

If it’s anything like the dry run we saw a few weeks ago, there will be a moment of disruption, followed by half a hour of shock and confusion, and then hours and probably days of crowing with glee combined with wailing and gnashing of teeth.

i walked my Chansey for weeks to earn candy to power up my Blissey, and saw in the dry run I lost about 500 CP on my best one...

Other stuff goes up sharply, but I didn’t work so hard for them...

Looks like there will be 20 new Gen 4 Pokemons in wave 2.  Someone in my area has already caught a Buizel, but the earlier gens on this list can't evolve yet.  Maybe they will all update with the CP adjustment later today?

430 Honchkrow  
406 Budew  
407 Roserade  
418 Buizel 419 Floatzel
429 Mismagius  
453 Croagunk 454 Toxicroak
456 Finneon 457 Lumineon
458 Mantyke  
459 Snover 460 Abomasnow
461 Weavile  
464 Rhyperior  
466 Electivire