Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:39 PM, Kalbear said:

You get a sinnoh stone with your 7day research. Unclear if you can get it other ways yet. 

Nothing else yet.   I was disappointed to see all the earlier gens-gen4 required it. 

I  think the 7 day breakthrough to get one might change after November...which only has 2 weeks left in it. If so, then perhaps it will also be available in the 7 day pokestop spin, the random 800th-900th spin and in gifts like all the other special items.

If not, I'm going to be kinda pissed.  22 weeks is a LONG time to get them all.

Sometimes this game is just too much like work.

11 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Nothing else yet.   I was disappointed to see all the earlier gens-gen4 required it. 

I  think the 7 day breakthrough to get one might change after November...which only has 2 weeks left in it. If so, then perhaps it will also be available in the 7 day pokestop spin, the random 800th-900th spin and in gifts like all the other special items.

If not, I'm going to be kinda pissed.  22 weeks is a LONG time to get them all.

Sometimes this game is just too much like work.

22 weeks is forever...yet at the same time, it'll take me a lit monger than that to have enough of the pokemon who need it... :p

16 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

22 weeks is forever...yet at the same time, it'll take me a lit monger than that to have enough of the pokemon who need it... :p

I have enough candies for all of them (I've been planning). I just don't play everyday, especially when work gets busy. That is the part that annoys me the most.  I have a life and the game should be a distraction/break from it, not a daily obligation.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

7k eggs have moved beyond Alolan types?  Ive hatched two Chanseys from a couple...

I hatched a couple of babies from mine.

In other news, we will soon be able to battle with friends. I wasn't interested at first, but you might get a sinnoh stone from them, so I guess I will get my teams together too.

The cool thing is, you don't have to be near each other if you are Ultra or Best friends.  that means most of us will be able to battle each other.

Now I have to go find that spreadsheet I created that showed which types were best against which types. 

I think that if you read the article you'll find that not to be the case. While it's not as complex as the real pokemon games, having multiple charged attacks, choosing when to use shields and choosing what your party is (and when to switch) are all much more complex than current gym battles. Especially when you get into the 1500cp brackets. 

My son had a 7 day breakthrough today and didn't get a shinnoh stone :tantrum: (he did the first time.  this would have been his 2nd)  He did get an Articuno, so it was working

ETA: They were only guaranteed for that first 2 weeks.  :tantrum:  you have to invest a huge amount of time in this game to play (especially in rural areas) and I just don't have it.

ETA2:  I doubt I'll be playing much any more.  I like collecting.  I have never cared about stats and battles, and it's just too time consuming where I live. 

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Anyone tried the battling yet? One training session a day it seems...?

You can train as many times as you want with the gym leader, but you only get rewards once a day. You get rewards for fighting other players three times a day. 

13 hours ago, Kalbear said:

You can train as many times as you want with the gym leader, but you only get rewards once a day. You get rewards for fighting other players three times a day. 

The dumbest part for me...I can't remember how to find the trainers for training...ugh...where to go in the app that is...

Archived