Moving Right Alolan - More Pokemon Go!

Fragile Bird

36 minutes ago, Mikael said:

Zzz got a few gifts,  but have noone to trade them with.

You should search for a Pokémon group in your city. Do it on your phone. Are you on Facebook? Do you have the WhatsApp app? Many groups chat and get together using WhatsApp. I belong to several neighborhood groups and right now we are posting our codes and making friends with group members. You find your code under the Friend section when you add friends.

24 minutes ago, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

So you can trade now at level 10 or higher, but the friend feature you need to do it you have to be level 30 something? Am I getting that correct at the moment?

No; it's been rolled out to every level 10 and above. And you need to be a friend in order to trade at all.

If your account is for a kid 13 and under, friend/trading is disabled.

9 hours ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

You should search for a Pokémon group in your city. Do it on your phone. Are you on Facebook? Do you have the WhatsApp app? Many groups chat and get together using WhatsApp. I belong to several neighborhood groups and right now we are posting our codes and making friends with group members. You find your code under the Friend section when you add friends.

Are you coming to San Jose this year?  

My code is 9432 2642 4668.  I just got a gift from Australia :)

3 hours ago, كالدب said:

No; it's been rolled out to every level 10 and above. And you need to be a friend in order to trade at all.

If your account is for a kid 13 and under, friend/trading is disabled.

Ah. That explains it. I was going to add Little Jax, but he's too young. I missed that rule. All is good.

11 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Are you coming to San Jose this year?  

My code is 9432 2642 4668.  I just got a gift from Australia :)

I decided there were very few ways I could protest against Trump, and not traveling to the US is the major way. No San Jose for me, and in 2020 I assume Worldcon will be in the US again, after Ireland, so I’ll miss that one too.

2 hours ago, كالدب said:

Another reason to do it is to get gifts from far away and boost your trade distance badge. Eggs from france are something like 10000km. 

But you still have to be within 100m to actually trade, right?

1 hour ago, Maltarinho said:

But you still have to be within 100m to actually trade, right?

Yep, but the distance counts for you. So if I hatch one of your eggs, it counts as being from England - so if I trade it with someone here we each get like 10k distance.

If you're not big into raids and your battling is few and far between, what kind of devices and potions do you keep in your backpack? I mean, if you have 50 max revives, why have anything else?  Though I'm sure there is a reason...

Lots of people ditch them if they don’t raid, but the special event this week brings double points on raids, so I’m going to do raids this week! Four five star raids, 20,000 each, with eggs, 40,000 each, and I’ll be level 38!

On 6/29/2018 at 9:25 PM, Rakib Altinin 1974 said:

Love all the 7k eggs from friends! If ya'll could stop sending ones with Dark Meowths...? Heh.

Lol, I guess you got your own back, I just hatched a Meowth from you!

Archived