Rickon will ride unicorn into the battle

Kandrax

I jest.   Of course Rickon will ride a unicorn into battle. After Davos finds Rickon, Osha & Shaggy on Skaggos they get back on the ship that will transport the unicorns and the Skaggs across the Bay of Seals back to White Harbor. Discover Manderly is gone. There will confusion as to whether Manderly went to Barrowton or WF. The the troop will have to make an executive decision as to what to do next. They may confer with Wex.

8 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I jest.   Of course Rickon will ride a unicorn into battle. After Davos finds Rickon, Osha & Shaggy on Skaggos they get back on the ship that will transport the unicorns and the Skaggs across the Bay of Seals back to White Harbor. Discover Manderly is gone. There will confusion as to whether Manderly went to Barrowton or WF. The the troop will have to make an executive decision as to what to do next. They may confer with Wex.

And they will discover that Skaggs ate Wyman.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:55 PM, chrisdaw said:

Yeah perhaps was the intention at one point but after skipping the time skip he's too young for it. Maybe ride a unicorn around town.

Even with the planned 5 year gap, he'd have been too young. I like the idea of him riding a unicorn around the North though.

25 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Even with the planned 5 year gap, he'd have been too young. I like the idea of him riding a unicorn around the North though.

Maybe, but I'm thinking that's possibly what GRRM had planned. That Rickon was (is?) going to be a wild, magically souped up wrecking ball of ferocity. That he would skin change liberally and immorally, and that it would provide him the ability to ruin armies. That he would revel in the blood and power, too much power too young and without guidance. The reason for all those warnings about a skin changer being careful not to lose themselves in their beasts. Something that eventually Jon is going to have to muzzle, if not put down.

A prototype for what Jon may fear Arya truly is. For what Bran could still become.

4 minutes ago, chrisdaw said:

Maybe, but I'm thinking that's possibly what GRRM had planned. That Rickon was (is?) going to be a wild, magically souped up wrecking ball of ferocity. That he would skin change liberally and immorally, and that it would provide him the ability to ruin armies. That he would revel in the blood and power, too much power too young and without guidance. The reason for all those warnings about a skin changer being careful not to lose themselves in their beasts. Something that eventually Jon is going to have to muzzle, if not put down.

A prototype for what Jon may fear Arya truly is. For what Bran could still become.

I'm on board with that. And if it doesn't end with his early death it could actually be a good thing.

Not sure about the rest though. It's unlikely that Rickon is going to achieve anything close to what you suggest without training. You can't just have the ability, you have to learn how to use it. The connection with Shaggy of course will naturally develop and deepen but he's not going to be able to jump into other animals unless someone points out to him that he can. 

The warnings may not have much to do with Rickon. If Jon goes into Ghost while he's dead or in a coma, and has to stay there any length of time, he could come back very very different. That's the main issue. Of course, Bran could get addicted to flying and end up in a bird for the rest of his life. Arya's danger isn't in her skinchanging, but in the realization that she can be an agent of death, which is potentially worse than getting lost in your wolf.

I picture Rickon as being more like the old Kings of Winter. Hard and harsh and cold. Savage to a degree, but still a Stark. And he's coming back young enough that he can still learn and not be a total loss. Ruling the North in the future is going to take some serious guts and ferocity. Rickon may be the reason House Stark survives.

3 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Not sure about the rest though. It's unlikely that Rickon is going to achieve anything close to what you suggest without training. You can't just have the ability, you have to learn how to use it. The connection with Shaggy of course will naturally develop and deepen but he's not going to be able to jump into other animals unless someone points out to him that he can.

Why would you say this with authority? Bran jumps into a bloody human, Arya a cat.

19 hours ago, chrisdaw said:

Why would you say this with authority? Bran jumps into a bloody human, Arya a cat.

Because even Varamyr needed training. Bran has special abilities beyond what most skinchangers have. Arya jumps into the cat yes but only when separated from her bond animal. Rickon so far as we know has not been separated from Shaggy.

6 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Because even Varamyr needed training. Bran has special abilities beyond what most skinchangers have. Arya jumps into the cat yes but only when separated from her bond animal. Rickon so far as we know has not been separated from Shaggy.

Yeah so you're just extrapolating skinchanging rules as you want.

On May 21, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Kandrax said:

Does anyone believes in this?

No. I do not think Rickon is that important. Sometimes I forget about him. When he comes back to Westeros he will not have a unicorn with him. 

Archived