Trailer Thread V

HexMachina

On 5/27/2018 at 11:46 PM, Slurktan said:

That Christopher Robin trailer....

I actually teared up a little at that.  I have no idea if the movie will be good but jesus christ that was a childhood-nostalgia-feels-nutpunch.

Have you watched Goodbye Christopher Robin?  That movie wrecked me.  It also makes me not want to watch this one.

I am very much looking forward to this, Sacred Games, netflix original, July 6th.  I loved the novel (large parts of which look to have been jettisoned, for probably understandable reasons -- the book is huge).

On Dumbo:

A few notes from "Baby of Mine" and I started tearing. That the song is so prominent in the trailer, yet is barely talk about when people talk about Disney songs, convinces me that people cannot speak about without bursting into tears.

It looks really good though I am not sure about the story change. 

16 hours ago, Ancalagon El Pistolero said:

SICARIO: DAY OF THE SOLDADO - Official Trailer #3

How spoilery is that one? I have put an embargo on sicario trailers based on what I read about that 2nd trailer. But 10 days is a long time away....

3 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Creed II Trailer

Is it weird that the supposed hero in this seems to be training more like Drago did in Rocky 4? I hope Drago's training scenes involve him climbing mountains and pushing cars in snow.

14 minutes ago, Zorral said:

A Discovery of Witches -- Coming Soon, so says SkyTV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=94&v=obYBmdi4U9A

Damn -- this won't embed.

That looks pretty good (to my urban fantasy television starved brain at least, and I'm a big fan of Palmer's).

37 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

That looks pretty good (to my urban fantasy television starved brain at least, and I'm a big fan of Palmer's).

I liked these books very much, despite being tired to death of vamps, witches, etc.  The combination of history, magic and science, as well as alchemy, and the characters (for the most part), worked so well!  And Harkness is an excellent writer who knows her stuff.

I was even interviewed about them on NPR, because I had written so much in depth about them.  That was years ago now. Woo, it's been a long time for this project to get to screen, and the author hasn't published anything else since she finished the trilogy either. It was going to be a film originally, of the first book only.  A television series is going to be so much more satisfactory.  I really like the actor, Matthew Goode too.

On 6/25/2018 at 9:20 PM, RedEyedGhost said:

Agreed, this looks better than expected and something to actually watch.

On 6/25/2018 at 2:02 PM, Zorral said:

I liked these books very much, despite being tired to death of vamps, witches, etc.  The combination of history, magic and science, as well as alchemy, and the characters (for the most part), worked so well!  And Harkness is an excellent writer who knows her stuff.

I was even interviewed about them on NPR, because I had written so much in depth about them.  That was years ago now. Woo, it's been a long time for this project to get to screen, and the author hasn't published anything else since she finished the trilogy either. It was going to be a film originally, of the first book only.  A television series is going to be so much more satisfactory.  I really like the actor, Matthew Goode too.

19 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Agreed, this looks better than expected and something to actually watch.

It looks so good I looked it up on Amazon to see that the kindle editions are $11 for the first book, $14 for each of the following two.  That's insanity.  They are quite long for urban fantasy, but still, the ebook pricing structure is insane.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:27 AM, RedEyedGhost said:

It looks so good I looked it up on Amazon to see that the kindle editions are $11 for the first book, $14 for each of the following two.  That's insanity.  They are quite long for urban fantasy, but still, the ebook pricing structure is insane.

They aren't urban fantasy.

They are historicals with varieties of fantasy twists. Moreover the plot points turn frequently upon science and on art, as well the histories of both science and art. 

Archived