Trailer Thread V

HexMachina

On 9/18/2018 at 11:31 AM, SpaceForce Tywin et al. said:

I’m surprised this hasn’t made an appearance yet:

Bad Times at the El Royale

Take. My. Money. Already!

I posted it last thread I think but I third the sentiment.  Looks awesome.

I mean, it's a real good transformation, but tbh I don't think it's even the best actorly transformation in GallowKnight's post. Taron Egerton is very well hidden in his Elton.

Oldman's Churchill was another level. But at least they're acknowledging that Cheney's a twat unlike that one.

Posting so everyone else can see how bad this is. Terrible dialog, and a focus on an ungodly-long chase sequence that's also boringly repetitive. Whoever cut this needs to be sent to editing camp.

7 minutes ago, Ran said:

Posting so everyone else can see how bad this is. Terrible dialog, and a focus on an ungodly-long chase sequence that's also boringly repetitive. Whoever cut this needs to be sent to editing camp.

Well I would say that's not how you do trailers, showing way too much of the plot, but the movie still looks good on the visual side. The dialogue is silly, but I wouldn't call it terrible.

It's a bit strange that they've focused on what looks like the least interesting action sequence of any of the ones we've glimpsed in the trailer.

Mind, it is also a worry that that scene is so weirdly bland. It'd be greatly improved by better music which I hope we do get in the film but even still there's far too much of Heard just unconvincingly running in a straight line.

Some of you guys have the weirdest taste, it is just bizarre.

A cheesy Spiderman cartoon gets you hot and bothered but one of the best looking comic book/fantasy movies of the last few years is something we're supposed to deride? 

When the Aquaman trailer came out two months ago I was shocked by how good it was. That just looked and felt phenomenal.

This extended video sequence may not be that good but it's not bad at all. The film still looks very intriguing. Depends what you look for I guess.

This video wasn't necessary though. The trailer already showed so much, you know who the opponents will be and what the fight will be about, this just gave away more of the actual film.

On another note, Vice looks fantastic. Christian Bale proving why he's one of my five favorite living actors. What a great transformation and the way he plays it just really appeals.

Edited to add: Galveston looks good as well, as does The Mule. Star is Born with Brad Cooper as well.

Hadn't heard of The Border yet but that does look very interesting.

Also looks like removing MIchale Bay from Transformers is the blessing everyone knew it would be.

Those Transformers look like ones, for the first time.

Archived