Trailer Thread V

HexMachina

3 hours ago, Astromech said:

Eva Green and Tim Burton? Oh my :) 

Heh. Hopefully this one isn’t a repeat of Dark Shadows :P Burton can put out some great stuff but he can also putnout stinkers. Eva is always great but sadly seems to latch on to some awful movies

The little girl is also Thandie Newton’s daughter I believe.

But that clown dumbo :crying:

I love Tim Burton's vision and creativity for his films. Sure, Dark Shadows wasn't the greatest film, but it was still a treat for me to watch. I love to see what Burton creates. And Eva is Eva, even in poor films. She has the most expressive eyes.

On 11/15/2018 at 3:12 PM, Astromech said:

I love Tim Burton's vision and creativity for his films. Sure, Dark Shadows wasn't the greatest film, but it was still a treat for me to watch. I love to see what Burton creates. And Eva is Eva, even in poor films. She has the most expressive eyes.

Agree on Eva. But Tim Burton's concentration on style over substance has become a real burden when you watch his movies. You just want him to pay attention to the story instead of doing some quirky shot. Dark Shadows was unwatchable.

Is the Lion King a shot for shot remake? It looks like it. It just seems so unnecessary. 

This whole trend of remaking Disney movies just stinks of capitalism and lacks any sort of creative endeavour. Of all the cruddy trends we've seen recently in the movie world, this is probably the most saddening.

5 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I can understand Disney remaking the stories that have humans in them, but this one is completely unnecessary.

I'd even understand it if they wanted to add a new twist to the story and tell it in a different way. I'm ok with that, there are many ways to tell what is essentially a very simple story. 

But this is , from what I've seen, just the original lion king with better graphics (arguably, depends what your aesthetic preference is and I like the old 2 style). This feels so utterly devoid of artistic merit that it makes me actually angry.

On 11/23/2018 at 1:01 AM, GallowKnight said:

The Lion King Trailer

They Shall Not Grow Old Trailer

The Lion Kings looks excellent. I will definitely see that in cinemas next year. Great to hear James Earl Jones as well.

They shall not grow old is a film I will be seeing shortly, looks amazing.

18 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I quit watching halfway through this trailer. Way too much being shown, and I want to go in with as little as possible. Excited for this! I just finished re-watching season 2.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll pass on the trailer.  When does it drop?

Archived