Trailer Thread V

HexMachina

28 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Watership Down

Shouldnt judge that too harshly because its a BBC show probably made for kids, and so the budget won't be huge.. but wow the graphics and animation are pretty awful, looks about 10 years old. I'd have preferred a 2D version with a bit of style at least if they are going to update it.

This looks pretty interesting, from the trailer. For those who don't know, The Umbrella Academy is an original comic book miniseries created and written by Gerard Way (of My Chemical Romance). I read the comic years ago, it was interesting and quirky. Someone said it was like mashing up the X-Men and The Royal Tenenbaums, which feels about right. They did update it, though -- the comic covers events from the 50s to the late 70s, whereas they're starting from 1989 and the present is, well, now more or less.

3 hours ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

2nd Trailer

As someone who weirdly loves the old terrible Godzilla movies and yet also loved the 2014 Godzilla and Skull Island I am jacked for this.  Completely and utterly lol.

On 12/10/2018 at 1:39 PM, Slurktan said:

As someone who weirdly loves the old terrible Godzilla movies and yet also loved the 2014 Godzilla and Skull Island I am jacked for this.  Completely and utterly lol.

Yeah that trailer has me hyped. Definitely watching this in IMAX. My only fear is that the first movie's trailer was also awesome but the movie itself didn't quite deliver. Not bad but not great. 

King Kong in the next movie almost feels anticlimactic. I wonder how they intend to pull that one off.

11 hours ago, WarGalley said:

Yeah that trailer has me hyped. Definitely watching this in IMAX. My only fear is that the first movie's trailer was also awesome but the movie itself didn't quite deliver. Not bad but not great. 

King Kong in the next movie almost feels anticlimactic. I wonder how they intend to pull that one off.

I thought the first trailer for this was brilliant, I've seen it in lists for best trailer of the year. The odd thing was, as good as that trailer is, I have no interest in seeing Godzilla again.

The 'last' Godzilla movie also had an incredible trailer and apart from a couple of nice visuals, was a total let down and had me bored stiff.

This just looks like one more huge CGI-fest, but worse, CGI of dark cloudy landscapes and buildings being crushed. 

Who ever owns the 3D asset library of ' cities being destroyed' must be cleaning up!

On 12/10/2018 at 6:44 AM, The Great Unwashed said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but looked really good:

Brightburn

James Gunn produced super hero flick.

Both this and Godzilla 2 look potentially cool flicks. Godzilla 2 looks better than the first based on this, and I dig the Dark Superman concept as well.

15 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

I'm unfamiliar with the comics, so the comedic tone of this one took me by surprise. There was plenty of humor relief in Del Toro's films, too, but didn't they this one will be darker?

That's what they said. Honestly I'm not feeling that trailer at all.

3 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

That's what they said. Honestly I'm not feeling that trailer at all.

I wasn't too impressed by it. It's always going to be difficult to follow the previous films, since I'm not sure there would be any pair more suited for Hellboy than Guillermo Del Toro and Ron Perlman.

Archived