Trailer Thread V

HexMachina

One of my friends scored a role as one of the tatted-out secretary ladies (no speaking lines, just on the set with the others). She still isn't sure if she's going to be in the final cut, and it would be for like a second or two, but regardless, I watched that two seconds in the trailer a bunch of times, and I'm convinced I can see her. Incredible story, I know! 

Anyway, I really enjoy the crap out of those movies. I'll be really sad if it's a letdown, but it seems a bit inevitable.

I am STOKED about that John Wick 3 trailer. Really hoping it lives up to the first two movies.

Also, he's not in the trailer, but Jason Mantzoukas is in it apparently; as an assassin called "Tick Tock Man." Not sure if he's playing against type or if the movie is going to go in a strange direction for a few minutes, but I'm excited to see that as well.

I think John Wick at this point is something like James Bond, in that it's an easy formula to do and redo and keep doing provided Keanu Reeves is actually immortal (spoiler: he is) and the public still has a taste for highly choreographed, long shots of awesome action (spoiler: they almost certainly will). I can't imagine how they'd fuck it up, since things like plot and writing are basically the easiest things in the world to do for it. 

Also, it's fucking awesome.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

I think John Wick at this point is something like James Bond, in that it's an easy formula to do and redo and keep doing provided Keanu Reeves is actually immortal (spoiler: he is) and the public still has a taste for highly choreographed, long shots of awesome action (spoiler: they almost certainly will). I can't imagine how they'd fuck it up, since things like plot and writing are basically the easiest things in the world to do for it. 

Also, it's fucking awesome.

Completely agree, the formula is all there. The story isn't really that important, you could say it was already pretty weak in the first 2 movies anyway. 

The difference with John Wick is in the execution, there have been a ton of wannabe John Wick movies and they've mostly all been duds.

Pretty sure I read an article quoting Stahelski saying he had ideas for a couple more after this one, and Keanu is all for it as well. I agree that it seems like a relatively repeatable concept, as long as the action scenes continue to impress, and they can keep bringing in recognizable actors to do some delightful scene chewing a la the MI franchise. It's fun to look back at the cast lists of those movies and think "Holy crap she was in the 2nd one?! Oh yeah! Wait, isn't her character still alive? Who cares! Car chase!!"

If John Wick movies continue to stay as entertaining as the original two, perhaps in a decade we will think the same of them.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:54 AM, GallowKnight said:

Teaser Trailer for another Ghostbusters Movie

Leslie Jones:

The comedian took to Twitter on Saturday in a post that said, "So insulting. Like f--- us. We dint count. It’s like something trump would do. (Trump voice)”Gonna redo ghostbusteeeeers, better with men, will be huge. Those women ain’t ghostbusteeeeers” ugh so annoying. Such a d--- move. And I don’t give f--- I’m saying something!!"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/leslie-jones-slams-new-ghostbusters-film-like-something-trump-would-do-1177578

Now you know how many fans felt in 2016. Are we allowed to call you an internet womanbaby whiner troll now?

On 1/20/2019 at 2:59 PM, drawkcabi said:

Leslie Jones:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/leslie-jones-slams-new-ghostbusters-film-like-something-trump-would-do-1177578

Now you know how many fans felt in 2016. Are we allowed to call you an internet womanbaby whiner troll now?

Is this actually being made? As much as I disliked the 2016 remake, I have little faith that this would be any better. All I've heard about Murray etc's views about doing another ghostbusters movie hardly fills me with excitement.

29 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Is this actually being made? As much as I disliked the 2016 remake, I have little faith that this would be any better. All I've heard about Murray etc's views about doing another ghostbusters movie hardly fills me with excitement.

Yeah, I have the same opinion on this new movie as I had on the 2016 movie, it shouldn't be made and they should just let the franchise be.

34 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Yeah, I have the same opinion on this new movie as I had on the 2016 movie, it shouldn't be made and they should just let the franchise be.

I'm cautiously excited. The original movie is in my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I liked the sequel even if I didn't think it was great. The animated "Real Ghostbusters" is a rare 80's cartoon I still find very watchable today. I even hope this movie ends up being titled The Real Ghostbusters.

The chance to see Aykroyd as Stanz and Hudson as Winston and I really, really, hope, Murray as Venkman one more time would be great. I don't expect them to be the Ghostbusters in the new movie but the mentors to the new group. 

Yes the movie could suck, maybe even worse than the 2016, but I'm not finished with this franchise, I want more.

Jason Reitman hasn't been too hot lately with his recent movies but Juno was a critics darling and Thank You For Smoking is one truly great movie, one of only a handful of movies made in the 21st century that really made me laugh. Even if he said the Ghostbusters were full of crap, I think his legacy is pulling this movie off.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

As far as Jason Reitman is concerned it's being made and Dan Aykroyd has been dying to make this, Ernie Hudson has announced he's on board. Murray, as always is the question. My guess, Aykroyd will eventually convince him. Even if Murray isn't in it though it's still happening.

Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts probably will be back.

Would love to see Rick Moranis convinced to come out of retirement.

It most likely will focus more on a new group of Ghostbusters any how with Winston, Stanz, and Venkman acting as the mentors. As long as the events of the first two movies have happened and Venkman is in it I'll be happy. Would love it if we found out Egon and Janine had a child and she's intent on carrying on with her father's work.

6 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

As far as Jason Reitman is concerned it's being made and Dan Aykroyd has been dying to make this, Ernie Hudson has announced he's on board. Murray, as always is the question. My guess, Aykroyd will eventually convince him. Even if Murray isn't in it though it's still happening.

Sigourney Weaver and Annie Potts probably will be back.

Would love to see Rick Moranis convinced to come out of retirement.

It most likely will focus more on a new group of Ghostbusters any how with Winston, Stanz, and Venkman acting as the mentors. As long as the events of the first two movies have happened and Venkman is in it I'll be happy. Would love it if we found out Egon and Janine had a child and she's intent on carrying on with her father's work.

Everything I’ve heard in the past suggested that Akroyd was looking to cash in on the franchise name and make some money, and was willing to push out any of crap to get it made. Murray was certainly against doing it for the sake of it and I seem to remember him suggesting he didn’t have high hopes.

I can’t imagine a scenario where the movie works. The mentor idea just makes me think of bad attempts at starting a new  franchise over making a good movie. The original movies were built on the strength of the teams performances and it would take someone with real charisma and presence to live up to what they did ( part of the reason the 2016 version was such a dud)

And I cant imagine there is enough recognition of the original to sell a new movie with a bunch of elderly ghostbusters. 

So I am left disheartened

47 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Everything I’ve heard in the past suggested that Akroyd was looking to cash in on the franchise name and make some money, and was willing to push out any of crap to get it made. Murray was certainly against doing it for the sake of it and I seem to remember him suggesting he didn’t have high hopes.

I can’t imagine a scenario where the movie works. The mentor idea just makes me think of bad attempts at starting a new  franchise over making a good movie. The original movies were built on the strength of the teams performances and it would take someone with real charisma and presence to live up to what they did ( part of the reason the 2016 version was such a dud)

And I cant imagine there is enough recognition of the original to sell a new movie with a bunch of elderly ghostbusters. 

So I am left disheartened

All very possible.

I still want them to try. If they don't try I get no chance to see another Ghostbusters story, if they do try, sure it's a good chance I'll be disappointed but there's still a chance I won't be. It's not like I'm investing money in it, just my childhood (jk).

I think the fandom is still very large though and the 80's nostalgia craze adds to it. Fandom isn't as big as Star Wars, Marvel, DC, or Jurassic Park but I think maybe on the same level or just below Transformers.

and Creed worked by continuing the main franchise not starting over with a remake and with turning the main character into a mentor and finding a dynamic new main character.

2 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

and Creed worked by continuing the main franchise not starting over with a remake and with turning the main character into a mentor and finding a dynamic new main character.

Well it sort of worked, and they made 2 okay movies from the concept, but I'd rather see something different rather than updating something for the 21st century and using the same old template. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived