Trailer Thread V

HexMachina

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

The Lion King Trailer

How do people want this!?! It's fucking hideous! The animals don't even have expressions that work for visual storytelling. Because it turns out that assigning human expressions to the face of a hyper-realistic CGI cat is a bit of a chore. Who knew???

Just now, Jace, Basilissa said:

How do people want this!?! It's fucking hideous! The animals don't even have expressions that work for visual storytelling. Because it turns out that assigning human expressions to the face of a hyper-realistic CGI cat is a bit of a chore. Who knew???

That was EXACTLY what I was thinking. Ok so the trailer doesn't actually show any of the animals talking (probably due to this very reason), but you just know that is going to look weird. How are you going to capture the over exaggerated performances in the original.. I mean Jeremy Irons was amazing but it was helped out by the illustration of his performance. You ain't getting any of that with this stiff, cardboard looking David Attenborough crap. 

I agree. It's cool to see where CGI has advanced, as these animals looks highly realistic. But at the same time, this makes it no different from all the movies with real dogs & cats that communicate telepathically with human voices, but no expressions.

I'm glad you guys are reacting the same way I am. I thought it looked really pretty, but I would rather watch a nature documentary then the original Lion King than this. Jungle Book was delightful, though, and I never was annoyed by the bear and big cat lips moving with human language. Maybe this can pull it off as well.

Is Disney making any new tentpole movies, or just going to go through all their animated stuff til we're at Fox And The Hound CGI? (Note: I love that movie)

5 hours ago, Argonath Diver said:

I'm glad you guys are reacting the same way I am. I thought it looked really pretty, but I would rather watch a nature documentary then the original Lion King than this. Jungle Book was delightful, though, and I never was annoyed by the bear and big cat lips moving with human language. Maybe this can pull it off as well.

Is Disney making any new tentpole movies, or just going to go through all their animated stuff til we're at Fox And The Hound CGI? (Note: I love that movie)

Fear not, its remakes are getting sequels! (Maleficent)

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

When you have a raccoon shooting a gun twice it's size while riding a talking tree as they hurl through space, perhaps it is fair to question if all the ideas have already been had.

Horse Ninja

On 4/10/2019 at 11:49 AM, Argonath Diver said:

Well they are doing a Lady and the Tramp remake. So probably.

9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

I’m so ready for this new season. Looks excellent, and Streep looks to be bringing her A game too. I love the entire cast for this and look forward to seeing the journey of these characters

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Those who don't like trailers that show what seems to be the entire movie should avoid this, but fuck, I'm more excited for that than I am for Endgame.

Oh my god. I was already on board for this movie, but I'm just beyond excited now. Between this, John Wick 3, and (to a lesser extent) Endgame, there's one hell of a trio of movies coming out this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on Sonic. Everything that looks to be going right in the Pokemon movie seems to be going wrong here.

Even the basic idea of setting in the real world seems like a mistake. Better to set it in the crazy visuals of the sonic games and just have 2 hour mind-melting neon trip.

Archived