Trailer Thread V

HexMachina

On 4/30/2019 at 10:29 AM, Fez said:

Yeah, I'm gonna pass on Sonic. Everything that looks to be going right in the Pokemon movie seems to be going wrong here.

Even the basic idea of setting in the real world seems like a mistake. Better to set it in the crazy visuals of the sonic games and just have 2 hour mind-melting neon trip.

I definitely agree. Something somewhat akin to the wild acid trip that was the Wachowski's Speed Racer. The trailer for Sonic was absolutely dreadful.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:29 AM, Fez said:

Everything that looks to be going right in the Pokemon movie

I don't understand this statement...  Having seen that trailer twice on Sunday, it invoked the same feeling in me as violent, caipasin laden diarrhea - zero desire to have any exposure to it.

51 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I don't understand this statement...  Having seen that trailer twice on Sunday, it invoked the same feeling in me as violent, caipasin laden diarrhea - zero desire to have any exposure to it.

To rebut, I loved Sonic games throughout my childhood, and never once played Pokemon. I think the Pikachu movie looks like a good time, with visuals that look like what I'd guess Pokemon would look like in a stylized real world. The Sonic trailer, as Heartofice succinctly puts it, indeed looks nightmarish. I could definitely see not being interested in a Pokemon movie, but that one seems... not capsaicin deserving?

7 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

The response to the Sonic trailer was so overwhelmingly negative, the director has announced they're changing his design.

It comes out in November... that's a hell of a lot of animation to redo.

They will have to cancel the movie and start again if they wanted to get it right. I saw someone had tweeted out a quick redesign with a bigger head and more cartoon limbs and it immediately looked better, but surely it’s too late to make that improvement.

what a disaster 

On 5/2/2019 at 2:49 PM, Mexal said:

I'm going to have to binge the first 3 seasons with the wife soon. She's still never seen it beyond the pilot.

I'm not sure on a rewatch but you definitely need to get your wife to watch it if never seen. I'm pretty sure wedding vows imply you ensure the other half is exposed to great tv

2 hours ago, red snow said:

I'm not sure on a rewatch but you definitely need to get your wife to watch it if never seen. I'm pretty sure wedding vows imply you ensure the other half is exposed to great tv

I've mostly done that. This is the one that got away. Waiting for the earlier seasons to go on Hulu before we embark.

Not a trailer, but this is kind of the closest thing to a general movies news thread.

It seems I might have to start liking Avatar now, because Jemaine Clement has been cast for a significant role.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12231383

Kind of disappointing really because I was planning to not watch any of the sequels. Even in bad things I like Jemaine's characters.

6 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Not a trailer, but this is kind of the closest thing to a general movies news thread.

It seems I might have to start liking Avatar now, because Jemaine Clement has been cast for a significant role.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=12231383

Kind of disappointing really because I was planning to not watch any of the sequels. Even in bad things I like Jemaine's characters.

On paper I’d agree with you, but Jemaine has been in quite a few stinky things and it’s actually made me feel sadder as I’m much happier seeing him on Conchords. 

Loved him in Legion though 

Archived