Trailer Thread V

HexMachina

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

This show went off the deep end and is pretty terrible but i still may watch just for completeness sake

I thought I remember them saying last season was the final season. Did they change their minds or did I just imagine that?

Either way, like you I'll probably be watching it just to finish the story.

14 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I thought I remember them saying last season was the final season. Did they change their minds or did I just imagine that?

Either way, like you I'll probably be watching it just to finish the story.

I think the show got renewed for 2 more seasons after season five. I dont think S6 was ever advertised as the final one

15 hours ago, polishgenius said:

I feel like it's hard to tell how good the actual film will be because the choice of song is so absolutely terrible.

They seemed to be wanting to advertise Ariana Grandes song more than the movie. 

The movie itself doesn't look as terrible as I expected it to, it appears to be a perfectly functional action movie. How exciting.

I've seen all of Orange is the New Black, through the goof times and the bad. No point in stopping at the end.

Charlies Angels looks like it will have impressive action. No clue how it will hang together as a whole package yet. One concern is that none of the one liners made me smirk. I try not to hold sparkly vampire movies against Kristen Stewart, she's an all right actor.

34 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

They seemed to be wanting to advertise Ariana Grandes song more than the movie. 

Yeah. The music distracted from any kind of dramatic tension inherent in the set pieces they revealed. The habit of editing to pop songs is getting rather cliche.

Kristen Stewart being in this piques my interest slightly, because this is a departure for her, but these sorts of films are not that exciting for me; never watched the earlier iterations of these films, I catch the Mission Impossible films years after release if I stumble across them on TV.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

I have no confidence in this being good

Movies which try to paint the American military as the underdog against anything other than super-overpowerd space aliens are hilarious.

On the other hand I have unfailing confidence that this is going to be great:

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

Movies which try to paint the American military as the underdog against anything other than super-overpowerd space aliens are hilarious.
On the other hand I have unfailing confidence that this is going to be great:

Yeah, most people don't realize that Japan had absolutely no hope of winning in WW2. Germany was in a similar position.

And Hobbs & Shaw seems to be one of those movies that give away everything in trailers. That usually means that studio isn't very confident in it.

21 hours ago, Gronzag said:

And Hobbs & Shaw seems to be one of those movies that give away everything in trailers. That usually means that studio isn't very confident in it. 

I think in this case they just think it doesn't matter. Most of the Fast and Furious trailers have given the whole film away. Never seems to make a lot of difference.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Probably the first of these horrendous live action remakes that could actually be improved by not being a cartoon. This looks quite good. 

Agreed. Although, like all the other Disney live actions I assume the finished product will be PG and have all the songs from the original movie; whereas that trailer is pretending it'll be an adult Wuxia-style drama.

2 hours ago, Fez said:

Agreed. Although, like all the other Disney live actions I assume the finished product will be PG and have all the songs from the original movie; whereas that trailer is pretending it'll be an adult Wuxia-style drama.

Im sure i read somewhere it wont be musical.

I will be saddened if there is no Make a Man Out of You though

Archived