Trailer Thread V

HexMachina

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

This looks creepy as fuck.

This holiday season, I will believe that I won't be going anywhere fucking close to that.  And how the hell did somebody not say, "Fuck alphabetical order, we're not giving James Corden first billing."

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

How in Grimm’s name did they get that kind of cast for this?

@Buckwheat @SpaceChampion I rely on the two of you to watch RB’s twitter for some kind of reaction to this

Between this and the original Sonic movie look, I can only assume that there's some VFx studio playing an elaborate prank on Hollywood.

Because otherwise, a whole ton of people that absolutely should've known better approved this terrible thing.

Or the furry market is far bigger than I assumed.

13 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Top Gun: Maverick Trailer

So glad that the trailer is quite boring. I'm already unbelievably hyped for this, so I don't want to raise my expectations even more :) 

EDIT: It should have had more beach volleyball though.

17 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot Trailer

This is just depressing.  I loved the first one...or if this is a reboot, should I call it the original?  I appreciate Kevin Smith wanting to give Jason Mewes the opportunity to make some money.  That's some kind of friendship.  But this just looks pathetic.  I loved Dogma and Chasing Amy.  I wish Kevin Smith would go back to doing original interesting material like those instead of this.

The Cats trailer is just mind boggling.  I enjoyed the stage production many decades ago and endlessly listened to the Broadway and London stage production soundtracks.  But I'm going to take a hard miss on seeing this movie in the theater.  Jennifer Hudson signing Memories sounds pretty great though so the soundtrack might be worth checking out.

1 hour ago, lady narcissa said:

This is just depressing.  I loved the first one...or if this is a reboot, should I call it the original?  I appreciate Kevin Smith wanting to give Jason Mewes the opportunity to make some money.  That's some kind of friendship.  But this just looks pathetic.  I loved Dogma and Chasing Amy.  I wish Kevin Smith would go back to doing original interesting material like those instead of this.

Seems to me he’s also determined to keep giving his daughter roles...

22 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Seems to me he’s also determined to keep giving his daughter roles...

And his wife.

And Ben Affleck.  And Matt Damon.  And...so on.

I'm just glad that apparently Mark Hamill has enough work these days so he doesn't have to appear in this this time around.

4 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

This is just depressing.  I loved the first one...or if this is a reboot, should I call it the original?  I appreciate Kevin Smith wanting to give Jason Mewes the opportunity to make some money.  That's some kind of friendship.  But this just looks pathetic.  I loved Dogma and Chasing Amy.  I wish Kevin Smith would go back to doing original interesting material like those instead of this.

It did look very poor. Given that for most comedies they tend to put the funniest bits in the trailer I hate to think what the rest of the film is like.

8 hours ago, Corvinus said:

You can watch

Thanks for the heads-up. What a great trailer :) This is definitely my most anticipated film of the year. James Gray + Brad Pitt + Sci-fi? Yes please :D 

22 hours ago, Mexal said:

This looks creepy as fuck.

:agree:Although it does bring my hope of a Watership Down remake with actors in bunny suits closer to coming to fruition if it turns into a success. 

Archived