Joe Abercrombie: The Collected Works 2 (A new trilogy on the horizon)

Rhom

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, C.T. Phipps said:

https://www.grimdarkmagazine.com/first-law-trilogy-anti-lord-of-the-rings/

I think people might like this article I wrote for Grimdark Magazine.

IS THE FIRST LAW TRILOGY THE ANTI-LORD OF THE RINGS?

Not had a chance to read your article yet, but I'd say it's more anti-Belgariad.

I see the Gollancz catalogue up till July next year ( whuch Jussi was kind enough to post here) does not include Joe's next book, which confirms it won't be out before September. The US listing must be bogus I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we will keep an open mind about the release date but as a man once said.  An open mind is like to an open wound. Vulnerable to poison. Liable to fester. Apt to give its owner only pain.”

Seriously though I can't believe it has been 6 years since Red Country came out.  Where did the time go? 

Not to forget releasing Sharp Ends. And actually writing beyond book 1 of this trilogy (I’m a bit unclear, is the whole trilogy in draft form?) 

anyway, he certainly hasn’t slacked in those 6 years. If anything that’s a remarkably short time given all he has got done 

34 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Haha his last paragraph incorporates exactly what was said in the preceding three posts on here :lol: 

It's almost like he reads this thread  :)

I understand his concern about the release of red dead redemption. I think people around the world will be getting a little less done for a while.

i wonder if he's ever considered the first law being made into an open world adventure game? He's clearly a fan and it worked wonders for the Witcher.

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

An example and standard for other authors to live upto :)

Why?

I mean, it's cool that he informs his rapid readers of progress/lackthereof, but why should other authors do the same?

I'd certainly volunteer. I promise I'd reply him back immediately with tons of insightful annotations much more useful than the ones of his editors. :P

11 minutes ago, Relic said:

Why?

At least where I'm concerned, I love his status reports because they are interesting, fun to read, and make easier to bear the long periods of wait between books. Most times transparency is a good thing.

Just now, The hairy bear said:

At least where I'm concerned, I love his status reports because they are interesting, fun to read, and make easier to bear the long periods of wait between books. Most times transparency is a good thing.

Right, that's all good, and it works for JA. Not sure how it applies to anyone else. 

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

Right, that's all good, and it works for JA. Not sure how it applies to anyone else. 

Right.  I don’t know that it would go as well for someone like Bakker.

Abercrombie and Sanderson do well.

Archived