D&D’s opinions on characters

Angel Eyes

So which characters do you think D&D liked/disliked, based on how things go for them?

Their favorite characters: Cersei, Daenerys, Ramsay, Jon, Arya

Their least favorite characters: Sansa, Stannis, Brynden Blackfish. 

Thoughts?

Did you leave out St. Tyrion as a fav? 

I'm not sure they hated The Blackfish.  Perhaps the lack of story and sense on him and even Edmure had to do with some negative feelings on Cat as well as their other choices just running them out of room and time for the Tullys? 

4 hours ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Did you leave out St. Tyrion as a fav? 

I'm not sure they hated The Blackfish.  Perhaps the lack of story and sense on him and even Edmure had to do with some negative feelings on Cat as well as their other choices just running them out of room and time for the Tullys? 

Would have put him on the list of favorites if not for his hilariously inept plans throughout Season 7.

But what do you think of the list? Do you think it is accurate?

I think certain characters are treated differently at least sometimes based on preference, but it's more complex than giving your favorites good things and the ones you don't like bad things.

https://creativescreenwriting.com/game-of-thrones/

Talk about why Game of Thrones characters resonate so much.

Benioff: It’s different for every character. There’s something about Arya; Arya is a rebel, and people are drawn to people who rebel against whatever the societal strictures are, so that one makes sense.

For me, to be honest, even in the book readers would always hate Sansa, and I always loved her because to me she always seemed like a real person. She can be really annoying sometimes, she’s like a stuck up teenager sometimes, but a lot of us were annoying teenagers at some point.

She just seems really believable, and also she goes on one of the most interesting journeys, because she doesn’t start out as someone who is sharp, and shrewd and tough, but she becomes that person.

Arya is kind of always there—which is what’s great about Arya—but Sansa had to get there by painful experiences. She’s always been one of my favorite characters.

Weiss: In a way, Sansa has to face harder choices. Arya always has a pretty clear path, like: “What’s a cool, badass thing to do and I’m going to do that thing.”

Sansa’s choices in a way feel more real, and maybe resonate with people. She says, “This is not any easy decision I have to make here, and any decision that I have to make will have difficult or negative consequences, and I’m going to own the choices that I make.”

@Angel Eyes I think your list of favorites is mostly right, though St. Tyrion clearly belongs on it.  They also love Yara (not book Asha but their Yara) and the abomination that they made Ellaria who in no way resembles the book.  And Theon (or at least Alfie Allen) - we have gotten wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much Theon/Reek.  I hope Stannis does us a favor early on in TWOW and finally rids this poor retch of his head so I won't have to worry about him having 3 billion moments of regressing into his Reekness before asserting himself as Theon again like they have done in the show.  They seemed to like Shae a lot but some of how they portrayed her was probably just for the benefit of St. Tyrion.  Bronn and Brienne are also faves of D&D.

I wouldn't say they hated Cat or any of the Tullys (certainly not the Blackfish) and it seemed to me they liked Sansa but didn't know what to do with her since they cut much of the Vale plot.  They definitely hated and failed to understand Stannis, and also don't seem to be too fond of Bran (neither am I), and Doran (they might have hated him more than Stannis), the High Sparrow, and Euron.

Archived