NBA playoffs 2018: Will the Celtics be Raptored?

Red Tiger

Tonight's game feels like the pivotal one for the WCF.  If the Rockets are going to have any chance, they have to win game 4.  Do that and they take back home court, and show they can indeed go toe to toe with GSW.  No way they win 3 in a row against a team this good.  They'll be the more desperate team in Game 4.

My suspicion is that we get the first back and forth game of the series, and the Warriors win a tight one late.  But I'm hoping for the Rockets to surprise. 

39 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

My suspicion is that we get the first back and forth game of the series, and the Warriors win a tight one late.  But I'm hoping for the Rockets to surprise. 

I agree that the Warriors will win a tight one, but I don't see it playing out like that. I think Houston is going to have a monster 1st quarter and hold a 10-15 point lead going into half time. The Warriors will make up a lot of ground in the 3rd quarter and then we get an all out duel in 4th with Durant's greatness ultimately being too much for the Rockets. 

Either way, please can we get one good game!?! 

29 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

You really had to go there, did you? :crying:

:grouphug:

We mock because we care. 

9 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Disappointing that they took such a bad shot on that last possession, but great D by Houston.

Crazy Golden State didn't take a timeout when Klay Thompson had nowhere to go. 

Crazier that Chris Paul didn't purposely miss that 2nd FT with 0.5 seconds left. 

Yeah, that was gutcheck time for sure with that run in the 3rd, with the crowd going wild and Curry finding his rhythm. Kind of make or break. So, we know this isn’t going to be easy for either team, and now they know it too.

*cues 2 straight blow-outs.

5 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Crazy Golden State didn't take a timeout when Klay Thompson had nowhere to go. 

Warriors coach Steve Kerr stuck by his decision not to call a timeout as soon as his team secured possession.

"Well, I wanted the timeout," Kerr said. "Draymond was trying to call one around 4 seconds, once he got trapped. And at that point the officials weren't looking, and they're not going to look down at our bench. So I saw Draymond trying to call it and I was hoping they'd give it to us, but we didn't get it.

That was an insane game. I still cant' believe the Rockets withstood two big runs. As Relic mentioned, I still don't think they have a prayer of winning this series, but that was impressive for sure. Things will be tighter for sure if Iggy can't return healthy. Same with Klay's ankle.

The Warriors offense just fell apart in the 4th quarter.  They scored 34 points in the 3rd quarter and only 12 in the 4th!  They went ice cold from three, and had some turnovers, and the Rockets were right back in it. 

I'm pleased that this is a real series, although even if the Rockets win game 5 I'll still expect the Warriors to advance. 

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

The Warriors offense just fell apart in the 4th quarter.  They scored 34 points in the 3rd quarter and only 12 in the 4th!  They went ice cold from three, and had some turnovers, and the Rockets were right back in it. 

It’s why the old heads thought this team couldn’t win in the postseason. And it’s why they went and got Durant, which is confusing  considering he didn’t take a single shot in the final 3 minutes and 40 seconds, and he passed up a good look on the final play.

Archived