NBA playoffs 2018: Will the Celtics be Raptored?

Red Tiger

33 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, his value will never be higher than it is now unless they believe he’s a superstar in the making, and if so, then you trade Kyrie, which on its face is crazy.

So there was this article in the Ringer the other day where they threw out some interesting NBA trades they'd like to see. One was for Boston to flip Kyrie (plus a pick and some contract filler) back to Cleveland for LeBron. Imagine the psychodrama! They described it as the ultimate Godfather move on LeBron's part, and Danny Ainge would be the Keyser Soze of the NBA. I don't think it would ever happen, but I'd laugh my ass off. Anyway, in such a circumstance, maybe Rozier stays in Boston as the starting PG.

5 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

So there was this article in the Ringer the other day where they threw out some interesting NBA trades they'd like to see. One was for Boston to flip Kyrie (plus a pick and some contract filler) back to Cleveland for LeBron. Imagine the psychodrama! They described it as the ultimate Godfather move on LeBron's part, and Danny Ainge would be the Keyser Soze of the NBA. I don't think it would ever happen, but I'd laugh my ass off. Anyway, in such a circumstance, maybe Rozier stays in Boston as the starting PG.

It's a silly idea, but that's what mock trades are for I guess. If Boston goes after LeBron, they should trade Kyrie and Brow plus picks for AD. Imagine a Lineup of LeBron/Tatum/Hayward/AD/Horford. That would be absolutely disgusting in a beautiful way.

11 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's a silly idea, but that's what mock trades are for I guess. If Boston goes after LeBron, they should trade Kyrie and Brow plus picks for AD. Imagine a Lineup of LeBron/Tatum/Hayward/AD/Horford. That would be absolutely disgusting in a beautiful way.

Since the proposal requires LeBron to opt in to another year of his contract to work, it'd have to be initiated by LeBron. Fat chance of LeBron seeking out Boston, it'd be like Luke actually joining the Emperor, but it might be the most sure way to defeat Golden State. And the Celtics would instantly replace the Warriors as the most loathed team in the league, and LeBron would get a thousand times the heat and "bitch" accusations that Durant did.

27 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Since the proposal requires LeBron to opt in to another year of his contract to work, it'd have to be initiated by LeBron. Fat chance of LeBron seeking out Boston, it'd be like Luke actually joining the Emperor, but it might be the most sure way to defeat Golden State. And the Celtics would instantly replace the Warriors as the most loathed team in the league, and LeBron would get a thousand times the heat and "bitch" accusations that Durant did.

All true. I guess we have to ask the ultimate question: Is LeBron willing to ring chase at all costs or is his next move, which might be the final act in his career, about setting up his life after basketball? 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

All true. I guess we have to ask the ultimate question: Is LeBron willing to ring chase at all costs or is his next move, which might be the final act in his career, about setting up his life after basketball? 

The third factor is his hatred of Boston and its fans. That's why I ultimately don't think he'd do it, not even for a nice hug from Bill Russell. But it's fun to think about. Though Cleveland might spontaneously combust. It'd be the greatest heel turn in the history of sports, wouldn't it?

10 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

The third factor is his hatred of Boston and its fans. That's why I ultimately don't think he'd do it, not even for a nice hug from Bill Russell. But it's fun to think about. Though Cleveland might spontaneously combust. It'd be the greatest heel turn in the history of sports, wouldn't it?

Ha! Not living in Boston, I didn't know there was mutual hatred. Anyways, LeBron is either going to a team that's already loaded or he's going to the Lakers to kick starter his entertainment company. If he does the former, I would think the Celtics would at least have to be considered. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Zero chance he joins Boston, and that's especially true if they beat the Cavs this year, although I still don't think that's happening.  It's the same reason why those rumors of him going to Golden State were always ridiculous, and shot down by LeBron himself immediately.  He cares about his legacy at this point.  He wouldn't do something that would completely destroy it like joining a team that just won a title without him, or joining the team that just beat him.

1 minute ago, Triskele said:

It just occurred to me that maybe one is obligated to admit it if they're rooting for Golden State?  Or is that not necessary?  

It would at least help us plan our formal Turning Our Backs on You ceremony.

I had a very clear change of opinion regarding GS after Durant came.  I loved their change of pace.  They were a breath of fresh air in a stagnant NBA.  Now they just wear on me.

Damn... I’ve been recording these games for my son and I just realized the red light on the DVR isn’t on anymore.

Theres gonna be hell to pay tomorrow... Hell hath no wrath like a seven year old that can’t see the end of a close game.

Archived