NBA playoffs 2018: Will the Celtics be Raptored?

Red Tiger

What a disappanointing finish by Harden (and Houston writ large) - dude really is a choke artist. They need CP3 to come up clutch in the second half since no one else will, and they don’t have him. I’m not quite as morbid about their chances as @Triskele, but admittedly it doesn’t look great :/.

Really excited about game 7. Can LeBron singlehandedly win this game? The problem is that at home the refs have been letting the Celtics play as physically as they want, which means they can throw guy after guy at LeBron and handcheck him and body into him once he gets past half court which really stops him from playing his game.

4 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Hard to say how much missing Love is going to matter.  While he's not the offensive threat he once was he's still pretty tough on the boards.  But I also saw a stat yesterday that Cleveland's +/- is way better when Love is out as of late.  

There's so much that points to Boston here.  Home teams always winning game 7 anyway plus the huge home court Boston has had in this series.  But my gut is still telling me that Lebron finds a way to pull it out.  

I'm not touching this one from a gambling perspective. The metrics I look at say that Boston should win this one fairly comfortably, but there is zero chance in hell I'm betting against LeBron playing against a bunch of 22 year olds. I'm just going to enjoy this one as a fan.

15 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Cavs have no answer for Horford, and LeBron is playing subpar defense.

And that airballed three late in the first quarter... Poor LeBron is getting so bullied by these mean, muggy Celtics.

How the hell does Lebron get called for 8 seconds?!!?  If I’m him, I’m running full speed at the Celtics and watching them shit themselves.

7 minutes ago, davos said:

if the Celtics weren't missing so many relatively open shots this game would be over with.

Both teams are just bricking. You know it's bad when Kyle Korver is 1-6. Brown and Rozier have lost the confidence in their shots.  And Marcus Smart is just being Marcus Smart, 1-8 and still thinks he has a green light.

2 minutes ago, sperry said:

You have to think the Cavs win at this point, but Tatum is certainly not afraid of the moment.

Definitely

21 minutes ago, davos said:

if the Celtics weren't missing so many relatively open shots this game would be over with.

This reminds me of the game in the 2010 Finals where the Celtics would have won, and likely the championship, if Ray Allen had merely had a bad shooting night instead of 0-13.

Archived