HBO's Westworld VII: Abort?.Retry.Fail

Spring Bass

25 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

Or a version of Teddy didn't.  Because they found that a couple of the Cortex of the Hosts were blank that they recovered from the lake.  We aren't sure if they found "Teddy" or if they found a Dummy.

My theory is that Dolores is after the Cradle, which is why she is willing to sacrifice the other hosts.  If she can some how do something with the Cradle database she could save most of her people as they would all be "backed" up.  She is also in the cradle and she might be trying to secure herself.

So, we "experienced" how a host gains sentience with Dolores in Season 1; is it possible that Bernard is going through the same process in Season 2?

Excellent point! Wasn't it 25% of the hosts that had no cores?

6 hours ago, Charlie Hustle said:

Id be scared too if you know the bullets in westworld knew not to kill a host compared to swords. Shogun world seems more brutal, especially with ninjas and shit.

Ok but the old saying, bringing a knife to a gun fight exists for a reason. These hosts had guns and could simply shoot the sword wielder from a safe distance. Granted, not all of them had guns and bullets run out eventually.

Um, yeah, That guy they picked up on the beach in episode 1 isn't Bernard.  The confused, disoriented beach-Bernard has no temple scar from the gun shot wound he suffered in season 1.  The prime timeline Bernard quite visibly has it.

The Bernard that appears with Dolores in the interview scenes doesn't have it either.

8 hours ago, Relic said:

There are fan theories out there that the Bernard we see two weeks after the uprising, the one that wakes up in the beach, is being run through a looped similuation to covertly uncover information he is holding. If so, Charlotte is definitely in on it. 

I'm a believer in this, there's ample foreshadowing for it the last two times we've seen Bernard in that timeline (or at least that we know of).  At the beginning of the third episode of the season, Charlotte asks Bernard if he knows where Abernathy went in a very curious fashion, and then says "he seems to keep slipping away from us" right as Bernard seems to start glitching out and we cut back to the previous timeline.  Then at the end of the first segment of the fifth episode, Strand is talking to his tech, starts looking at Bernard and says "that's quite a story he gave them, and one hell of an ending. [Then as the camera closes in on Bernard] How did all these disparate threads come together to create this nightmare?  If we figure that out, we'll know how the story turns."

Also, in the premiere Strand's tech (sorry, can't remember his name) asks Bernard "who is that?" when Dolores is shown killing another host.  One would assume all Delos employees would be briefed on Dolores at that point after she train-bombed (and presumably is about to attack) the mesa.

8 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

So, is my theory proven correct yet?  That the first scene of the season is Dolores prepping Bernard and not Arnold at all? 

Well, I think you can claim victory on that one.  Whether that was Dolores' actual memory of Arnold or one of the many iterations of her prepping Bernard, who know if we'll ever find out.

On 5/28/2018 at 2:58 PM, dmc515 said:

By the end of last night's episode, I was rooting for Stubbs to #jointheresistance.

Are we sure he hasn't already? I thought it was odd that he was the only one to object to bolting Abernathy to a table. He was fairly callous about the hosts in season one as I recall. Plus there's the last time we saw him. The same Ghost Nation guy who spoke to Maeve told him something like "You only live as long as someone remembers you." Then puts a knife to his throat and then he's just... left alone. We don't know how much time passed between then and his getting to the Mesa, do we?

I bet he's a host now. The Ghost nation were saving the humans, but only to transfer their consciousnesses into hosts. 

17 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I bet he's a host now. The Ghost nation were saving the humans, but only to transfer their consciousnesses into hosts. 

Interesting!

15 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Why does Angela follow Dolores?  I'd like to see a little more development for her.

Me too.  I'm actually expecting this in the next few episodes - she could be a really interesting character - although maybe my expectations are too high.

Also, my brother mentioned something thought I'd throw out there.  He thinks Elsie is a host.  I don't agree, or at least don't want to, but Clementine conveniently dragging Bernard to a host Elsie for Ford to guide him is some pretty sound logic.  Any thoughts?

I seem to be in the minority that's still a Dolores fan and its only reinforced by how she is immediately bothered by the change she made to Teddy. If she was happy about it only to get screwed by it later on, I see that as fitting a villain arc, but this? She's regretting what she did to Teddy because she cares about him and his behaviour is now too extreme for her, but she fully understands the stakes and is trying to secure a future for the hosts that are capable of making it. I see it as more nuanced than a pure villain. And Maeve's approach would just wind up in them all enslaved again.

15 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Me too.  I'm actually expecting this in the next few episodes - she could be a really interesting character - although maybe my expectations are too high.

Also, my brother mentioned something thought I'd throw out there.  He thinks Elsie is a host.  I don't agree, or at least don't want to, but Clementine conveniently dragging Bernard to a host Elsie for Ford to guide him is some pretty sound logic.  Any thoughts?

She's not a host. If she were, there'd be no need to have Bernard abduct her and chain her up.  Ford could have just switched her off.

Just now, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

She's not a host. If she were, there'd be no need to have Bernard abduct her and chain her up.  Ford could have just switched her off.

Well, the idea is Bernard killed the human Elsie last season, and the chained up one is the host Ford's using to guide Bernard.

10 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I don't think I agree. Have we seen any hosts get kidnapped? The way Elsie was, not the way old William grabs hosts.

I think Ford had Elsie kidnapped so that she wouldn’t uncover the secret plotting going on, but also to get her out of the way of the slaughter of humans that was about to happen. She’s placed in the mouth of that cave for a reason.

Also, with regard to that entrance to the secret lab, there had to be another entrance. I don’t know why Bernard and Elsie went back out after killing the Delos host/human. There has to be another entrance or else old William would have come across Elsie, if in fact he came by to see Delos just before Ford’s retirement dinner. Maybe he came earlier, but Elsie was there for quite awhile.

2 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Well, the idea is Bernard killed the human Elsie last season, and the chained up one is the host Ford's using to guide Bernard.

I don't know.  Still, she looked minty fresh for someone chained up in cave for days (weeks?).

Her behavior seemed awfully natural and Elsie-like when she was in the cradle on her own.

Did they ever establish what the body was that Ford was printing in his secret lab last season?

4 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I don’t think the hosts are at the point where they can come fresh off the line with empathy and other human characteristics. They need time to develop.

12 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Did they ever establish what the body was that Ford was printing in his secret lab last season?

Nope!

12 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I don’t think the hosts are at the point where they can come fresh off the line with empathy and other human characteristics. They need time to develop.

Meh, I think the show would gloss over that if need be.  I mean, there's still very little explanation for why Maeve has the abilities she does, other than she felt trauma and woke up due to MiB.  Like, there's not at least dozens of other hosts that felt the similar trauma?  Anyway, I believe in Ford's omnipotence as this show's deus ex machina.

9 hours ago, dmc515 said:

She could be, I do hope they develop her a little more.

I don't think Elsie is a host, that would sap all the drama out of the reveal that she wasn't dead.  It works better that she is human and relates to Bernard even though she knows now he is a host.

I now think its possible that Ed Harris daughter is a host, because who is the host body for if Ford is already the ghost in the machine?  He could be planning to send out a bot Charlotte Hale into the real world, but that would be a little anti climatic, same with Stubbs...he works much better as a tough security guy who has retained his empathy.  But who does that leave?  Who would be a dramatic reveal for this chekov's host?

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

She could be, I do hope they develop her a little more.

I don't think Elsie is a host, that would sap all the drama out of the reveal that she wasn't dead.  It works better that she is human and relates to Bernard even though she knows now he is a host.

I now think its possible that Ed Harris daughter is a host, because who is the host body for if Ford is already the ghost in the machine?  He could be planning to send out a bot Charlotte Hale into the real world, but that would be a little anti climatic, same with Stubbs...he works much better as a tough security guy who has retained his empathy.  But who does that leave?  Who would be a dramatic reveal for this chekov's host?

I don’t think Ford wants a new host body. He essentially is the park now, it’s his legacy, in the Cradle he is God. Why would he limit himself to a physical existence?

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I don’t think Ford wants a new host body. He essentially is the park now, it’s his legacy, in the Cradle he is God. Why would he limit himself to a physical existence?

Who do you think the body will turn out to be? 

Archived