HBO's Westworld VII: Abort?.Retry.Fail

Spring Bass

18 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

It's a control issue. Off-site, out-of-control, no matter how secure the site is.

Considering Delos corp was/is clearly at odds with Ford, one could argue an off-site backup would be much more controllable or secure.

1 hour ago, dmc515 said:

Considering Delos corp was/is clearly at odds with Ford, one could argue an off-site backup would be much more controllable or secure.

For them, but not him.  He's the only person alive who knows everything about the park.  

I hope they fucking kill the MIB at the end of this year, but I doubt it.  

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

For them, but not him.  He's the only person alive who knows everything about the park.  

I hope they fucking kill the MIB at the end of this year, but I doubt it.  

True, but we haven't really gotten the impression that William is a hands on CEO, if he even held that role when the series began.

Oh I'll gentleman's bet ya there - William/MIB will be dead by the end of this season.  Push if he ends up a host.  ETA:  Or I guess you could say in that case we both lose.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

It was good, but it required a lot of suspension of disbelief and even with that, it doesn't quite hang together without several "Ford must have allowed it" handwaves.

Exactly.  Can't remember how many times I was thinking, "so Ford has to be letting him do this."

1 hour ago, Marko Antonivic said:

What a badass Akecheta is, would root for him over Dolores and I like Dolores. 

Loved how he referred to Dolores as the Deathbringer.

Most interested to see how this affects Maeve.  Could we see the Ghost Nation as her dues ex machina next ep?

1 hour ago, Marko Antonivic said:

I liked the episode a lot. 

What a badass Akecheta is, would root for him over Dolores and I like Dolores. 

Zach McClarnon was awesome throughout, not a surprise after seeing him in Fargo season two. I hope he’s around for a while

He was so good. Between this and Fargo I’ll be on the lookout for anything he’s in going forward. 

Actually, looking at his IMDb and he was apparently in two episodes of The Shield. I need to do a rewatch of that show at some point. 

4 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Are you guys thinking that everything in Ake's story was just Ford directing it all?  That would certainly take the impact down a bit for me.  Was thinking since my last post that part of why it felt powerful was because it felt like the Ake host through intense feelings of love and loss persisted and discovered in steps that something was way off and effectively orchestrated his own awakening.  

ETA:  Did Sizemore write the lines that Ake said to the MiB along the lines of "Death is a passage from this brutal world.  You'll get no exit?"  If so, not bad, Sizemore.  Who says you're a hack?

No, Ford wasn't directing it- he programmed Ake to be very thoughtful, but his awakening came on his own; Ford just observed it from afar without trying to interfere.

3 minutes ago, Triskele said:

Oh, how great was the "We only reboot them when they die.  He's been alive 10 years."  

Yeah this is why it's hard to believe Ford wasn't at least body blocking his entire staff from stepping in.  In the first season there are a number of examples of QA noticing anytime a host even goes slightly off their narrative.  Dude was off his narrative for the better part of a decade?  That'd not only raise holy hell for QA, but also the writers, or Sizemore's predecessors.

2 hours ago, Triskele said:

ETA:  Did Sizemore write the lines that Ake said to the MiB along the lines of "Death is a passage from this brutal world.  You'll get no exit?"  If so, not bad, Sizemore.  Who says you're a hack?

Call me crazy, but I was wondering if when he speaks in English it's actually Maeve speaking. Even when he asks Maeve's daughter, are you afraid of me. That sounded like a mother wanting to be reassuring. Ake does speak to Ford in English, but he tells his whole story in Blood Indian. Why else would he switch to English?

And then when Maeve speaks to him, she speaks in the Blood language. The switches in language must have some meaning. 

3 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Call me crazy, but I was wondering if when he speaks in English it's actually Maeve speaking. Even when he asks Maeve's daughter, are you afraid of me. That sounded like a mother wanting to be reassuring. Ake does speak to Ford in English, but he tells his whole story in Blood Indian. Why else would he switch to English?

And then when Maeve speaks to him, she speaks in the Blood language. The switches in language must have some meaning. 

Holy shit.

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Must they?  Even for a Nolan, that seems pretty convoluted.  I usually tend to prefer the most simple explanation, which is he was talking to Maeve through her daughter (through the mesh network).  He went in and out of English throughout the episode - in many instances in timelines in which Maeve shouldn't have affected him at all.  It doesn't follow.

2 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

Must they?  Even for a Nolan, that seems pretty convoluted.  I usually tend to prefer the most simple explanation, which is he was talking to Maeve through her daughter (through the mesh network).  He went in and out of English throughout the episode - in many instances in timelines in which Maeve shouldn't have affected him at all.  It doesn't follow.

I will rewatch tomorrow and note the times he uses English. I think those are significant moments.

Archived