HBO's Westworld VII: Abort?.Retry.Fail

Spring Bass

3 hours ago, unJon said:

Aren’t all the animals in the park robots also? So we have an ecosystem of human robots eating animal robots? Do the a animal robots eat other animal robots and (real?) plants? Is it robots all the way down?

Thats kind of the path I was heading down with the food. We see the people making "host" animals, so when the tribe was drying red meat and fish, are those creations or natural?

3 hours ago, unJon said:

Is it robots all the way down?

Wait, are you saying the robots are turtles?  Seriously, it's an interesting question - if the robots are eating robot animals that'd be...weird.  Hope someone asks Joy/Nolan this eventually.

8 hours ago, Helenas Musikautomat said:

I don’t see her a single straight up villain but I certainly feel uncomfortable with her methods (as I think is the intention). I understand what she is doing and why, and that the brutality may be necessary, and I empathise with her given what she was subjected to. But the way she goes about it troubles me. Moreso in relation to her brutal use of the other hosts than her war against Delos

She does seem to have turned into the very thing she hated. It is perhaps understandable, but that doesn't make her a sympathetic character.

2 hours ago, williamjm said:

She does seem to have turned into the very thing she hated. It is perhaps understandable, but that doesn't make her a sympathetic character.

it is understandable, but, literally, out of the entire season so far, she has been "Dolores" in only a handful of scenes...mostly she is simply ranting about how so and so she's about to kill isn't worthy of making it or her plans on world domination....I have to believe this is on purpose and the show intends another something to make her sympathetic again.

1 hour ago, Cas Stark said:

it is understandable, but, literally, out of the entire season so far, she has been "Dolores" in only a handful of scenes...mostly she is simply ranting about how so and so she's about to kill isn't worthy of making it or her plans on world domination....I have to believe this is on purpose and the show intends another something to make her sympathetic again.

So is this evidence that she is "awake", and murderous, just as much as the people who visited her so often, or that this version of her is Fords' doing? 

I take it as her being angry and vengeful yes, but only acting out on that in pursuit of the goal of actually keeping her freedom. As Ford said to Bernard before 'possessing' him again (I'm paraphrasing but this is what he meant) they will lose their free will if they aren't ruthless in establishing their safety. Bernard was too nice to do what needed doing, Teddy was too nice to do what needed doing. You can interpret this as meaning she's still just following Fords narrative, but I think that cheapens the story and isn't where its going. She was programmed yes, and the person she is emerges from that programming, she's making choices as much as any human does - its just grounded in her experiences and code.

3 minutes ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

So much for all of you who were worried about William’s daughter rescuing him. :crying:

Yeah that took a hard left turn.

Poor Elsie can't make it to a season finale.

Yeah I feel like if William was the first successful human-host they would have done the reveal right there rather than leave it as a cliffhanger with that the insanely obvious implication.  Or at least that's what I'm telling myself because I think it'd be incredibly stupid.

I also liked how Ford says Maeve was his favorite.  Gives another layer to the Dolores/Maeve dynamic.

5 minutes ago, Marko Antonivic said:

That was definitely the real Emily but I don’t think William is a host.

Thought it was interesting that Maeve was Fords favorite. Makes him controlling her season one moves make more sense. Hopkins killed that scene. 

I don't either. I think William is having a psychotic breakdown. He can't tell reality from make believe.

They definitely trolled us with William.

Loved the scene with Ford and Maeve.

I'm guessing Bernard is the one who ends up flooding that area. I doubt he got rid of Ford. I think it's funny how they keep writing Elsie out of plots, without killing her. Everyone likes Elsie. 

I liked the last scene with Teddy's suicide. He rather die as a better person than live monster and gave a great fuck you to Dolores.

William is such an awful person and Ed Harris is so entertaining. Great Fathers day episode by killing your child in a psychotic breakdown. 

25 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

I liked the last scene with Teddy's suicide. He rather die as a better person than live monster and gave a great fuck you to Dolores.

William is such an awful person and Ed Harris is so entertaining. Great Fathers day episode by killing your child in a psychotic breakdown. 

Maybe she's only wounded.....

I like Emily.

'Could happen.

Teddy had a great scene to go out on. I liked that he did manage to ultimately break free from Dolores, and died himself rather than either as an enslaved host or Dolores' reprogrammed servant. 

It definitely felt like this episode was layering on that Dolores & Gang were meant to be the sacrifice to destroy the Cradle and Forge so that the hosts Ford admired could get free (just like how Dolores was the sacrifice that Arnold used to destroy the hosts and himself in the hopes of stopping the park). Ford's line about Maeve being his favorite child that he hoped to get out of there, Teddy's bit, and the Ghost Nation's lines.  

So we got one episode left to destroy the Forge, flood the inland sea, and have . . . . somebody (or somebodies) get off the island. 

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I like Emily.

'Could happen.

Probably not, but maybe William's insane toughness is hereditary. :D

3 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

So, when Bernard went to the secret facility in episode 1, he registered as human on the dna scanner. did they ever explain that?

It’s the Ford Force.

That was a pretty wild episode. Hopkins did kill that Maeve scene, and I had to rewind when Bernard finally snapped from having Ford in his head and screamed in frustration. Jeffrey Wright is so great.

I was genuinely shocked when William shot Emily.

The preview for the finale looks crazy:

Spoiler

Did anyone catch that the sky had like a tear going down it or something? Presumably the door out? The dome cover?

ETA: I was also surprised that Charlotte actually had a slight reaction to the hosts ripping each other apart. A very small face touch but she did look uncomfortable for a second. 

I loved that the scanners were in the cowboy hats. 

I'm not sure what the significance of Clementine being programmed with a "make the hosts kill each other" code is supposed to be. Aren't they already going to overpower the hosts with their firepower? Is is just that they have some control over the system again? 

I am glad that Elsie lives again . . . for now. Didn't see her in the "flash forward" timeline, so who knows. I know I would have said, "Elsie NOOOO!" if Bernard had killed her. 

Archived