HBO's Westworld VII: Abort?.Retry.Fail

Spring Bass

11 minutes ago, DMBouazizi said:

In that case I don't see why his recent actions should be considered psycho.  Ford has been very clear since early in the first season that he thinks the human race has advanced as far as it can - and obviously it was abundantly clear by the season 1 finale that he was preparing his creations to break free and conquer the human race.  If you want to call that psycho I'm not gonna argue (although it should be emphasized we still don't really know what the actual world is like), but all his actions since - including imploring Bernard to kill Elsie - have been fairly regular conduct in a war he initiated.

Anyway, I do hope he's done.  That was a great scene with saying goodbye to Maeve, and even telling Bernard it's up to him now.  I'm sure and hope will continue to get Hopkins in flashbacks, but I hope his consciousness is thoroughly kaput now in terms of the forward narrative.

I doubt it, that seemed too easy.  I think I would even prefer if he's in there somewhere.  Might as well have him go out in style with a boss monologue. 

49 minutes ago, Casablanca Birdie said:

Nah, I've thought so for a long time, I just wanted to say it because there were so many comments this season about how great Ford is. Everyone is talking about deathbringer Dolores. Hello there, what about psycho Robert?

Having Bernard kill Theresa could be excused as the dirtiest of tricks in a deadly game of control. Her attacks on him were responded with extreme prejudice, as the saying goes. Evil, yes, but not necessarily psycho.

Birdie! Trump has infected your mind!

17 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

So, when Bernard went to the secret facility in episode 1, he registered as human on the dna scanner. did they ever explain that?

Did he? I didn't think that was a human / host identifier. I thought it was a "register your DNA so the drone's don't kill you." thing. Since the hosts are mostly biological I'm sure they have DNA. There's a good bet Ford even used Arnold's DNA to simplify the process of creating Bernard(s.)

Archived