TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So I ended up kinda sorta organising our high school class reunion after not having seen most of the people for 8 years. :eek:

What the hell am I doing with my life?

Wow, how social butterfly of you :lol: i most definitely won’t even attend my next high school reunion. 

31 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Wow, how social butterfly of you :lol: i most definitely won’t even attend my next high school reunion. 

We didn't even have one since we ended high school. I do want to see most of the people and hear what they are up to.

Of course it is much easier if somebody else organises it.

But then, all I did was make a fb event just to figure out how many people we can reach. I don't have many contact info. :leaving:

Why wouldn't you attend?

Morning :), I hope you all are having a nice start to the weekend.

Mine isn’t the best so far, I was meant to be going out to see a couple of friends last night,my partner was looking after mini Sith, I was literally ready and about to leave and it got cancelled last minute, it was something I was looking forward to all week :(. Anyway a new day and I’m feeling much more positive, we are going on a day out in the countryside, a nice walk, some fresh air and hopefully a nice lunch in a country pub :D.

On 5/31/2018 at 11:23 PM, Buckwheat said:

We didn't even have one since we ended high school. I do want to see most of the people and hear what they are up to.

Of course it is much easier if somebody else organises it.

But then, all I did was make a fb event just to figure out how many people we can reach. I don't have many contact info. :leaving:

Why wouldn't you attend?

Things will get interesting when people respond and you’ll have to find a date and a venue, agreeable for all 20-25 people in terms of location, budget and general taste. Or when they start taking offense if the date or venue doesn’t suit them, and get mad at each other for attending/not attending/joining or quitting the group chat/canceling, and fight over menu options. And when the day comes sit down and chat in the exact same old cliques they lived in during high school and you realize  that there’s essentially no news you haven’t seen on Facebook already and very little happens to 21st century people between the ages of 18-23 and 5 years isn’t enough to erase judgements, peer pressure and old grudges. 

I guess that answered your question :lol: but that’s my high school reunion experience, I’m sure it’s actually possible to make it work and have a nice time. Maybe 10 years is enough to mature people. 

7 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Morning :), I hope you all are having a nice start to the weekend.

Mine isn’t the best so far, I was meant to be going out to see a couple of friends last night,my partner was looking after mini Sith, I was literally ready and about to leave and it got cancelled last minute, it was something I was looking forward to all week :(. Anyway a new day and I’m feeling much more positive, we are going on a day out in the countryside, a nice walk, some fresh air and hopefully a nice lunch in a country pub :D.

I’m sorry your evening was cancelled but today sounds like a lot of fun. Especially the fresh air and the pub lunch. :leaving: 

it’s disgustingly hot in the city and it’s rather depressing to know that I’ll be working all damn summer. I should book a spa retreat at least, or something. 

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Things will get interesting when people respond and you’ll have to find a date and a venue, agreeable for all 20-25 people in terms of location, budget and general taste. Or when they start taking offense if the date or venue doesn’t suit them, and get mad at each other for attending/not attending/joining or quitting the group chat/canceling, and fight over menu options. And when the day comes sit down and chat in the exact same old cliques they lived in during high school and you realize  that there’s essentially no news you haven’t seen on Facebook already and very little happens to 21st century people between the ages of 18-23 and 5 years isn’t enough to erase judgements, peer pressure and old grudges. 

I guess that answered your question :lol: but that’s my high school reunion experience, I’m sure it’s actually possible to make it work and have a nice time. Maybe 10 years is enough to mature people. 

Yeaaaaah ... I posted a doodle calendar with some date options and the date most people click, that will be it. If you don't respond, you have no right to complain after. If you want to see people, you will make time. Or suggest a meetup yourself.

Location is trickier indeed, but I really don't have the intention to figure our menus and budgets and such nonsense. I am pretty sure we will just meet at a café, everybody gets coffee or whatever they want and pay as they leave. End of story.

No real experience with reunions here, but as I said, I actually want to talk to some people again. And no, facebook doesn't really tell me much at all.

15 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yeaaaaah ... I posted a doodle calendar with some date options and the date most people click, that will be it. If you don't respond, you have no right to complain after. If you want to see people, you will make time. Or suggest a meetup yourself.

Location is trickier indeed, but I really don't have the intention to figure our menus and budgets and such nonsense. I am pretty sure we will just meet at a café, everybody gets coffee or whatever they want and pay as they leave. End of story.

No real experience with reunions here, but as I said, I actually want to talk to some people again. And no, facebook doesn't really tell me much at all.

We had a doodle too, people still got mad. But this all depends on the individuals so I’m sure high school reunions can be organized in a pleasant way too. As I’m sure more happens in 10 years than 5, so there’s that too. This was just my experience and as a result, I’ll be skipping the 10-year one. I’ll maybe check out the next. 

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, Solo is ... meh.

Reveal hidden contents

What is a Star Wars movie without Jedis, lightsabers, and the Force?

Hahahaha! Now @First of My Name can’t say it’s just my stupid taste in movies. :smug: 

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Also, Solo is ... meh.

Reveal hidden contents

What is a Star Wars movie without Jedis, lightsabers, and the Force?

*Ahem* arnt you forgetting a certain group that makes Star Wars great?.

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

We had a doodle too, people still got mad. But this all depends on the individuals so I’m sure high school reunions can be organized in a pleasant way too. As I’m sure more happens in 10 years than 5, so there’s that too. This was just my experience and as a result, I’ll be skipping the 10-year one. I’ll maybe check out the next. 

Hahahaha! Now @First of My Name can’t say it’s just my stupid taste in movies. :smug: 

So shoot me, I actually thought Solo was alright :P I went in very low expectations and got an unambitious but perfectly enjoyable origin story.

I was very surprised by that cameo at the end though. Wonder why they chose that character.

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

The porgs?

:lol: or the ewoks. 

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

So shoot me, I actually thought Solo was alright :P I went in very low expectations and got an unambitious but perfectly enjoyable origin story.

I was very surprised by that cameo at the end though. Wonder why they chose that character.

I totally missed that one, only realized there was a cameo after I got home from the movies and read a couple reviews online. 

27 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

:lol: or the ewoks. 

I totally missed that one, only realized there was a cameo after I got home from the movies and read a couple reviews online. 

Me too? I have no idea what supposed cameo you two are talking about. :leaving:

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Who would you have chosen instead to fill that function in the story?

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Me too? I have no idea what supposed cameo you two are talking about. :leaving:

Spoiler

The top half of Darth Maul. It would be nice to see his legs show up in the Kenobi film to kick Obi-wan's ass... :D

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I don't like the current political development.

Which one? Politics is pretty much a constant stream of terrible developments...

3 hours ago, felice said:

Who would you have chosen instead to fill that function in the story?

Hide contents

The top half of Darth Maul. It would be nice to see his legs show up in the Kenobi film to kick Obi-wan's ass... :D

Oh. I didn't think of that as a cameo, I guess. I was expecting you were talking about 

Spoiler

some random person in Lando's gambling circle.

3 hours ago, felice said:

Which one? Politics is pretty much a constant stream of terrible developments...

Slovene. There was general election yesterday.

Archived