TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

On 6/10/2018 at 12:16 PM, El trigo sarraceno said:

Hop hops are fun, of course. But the whole lighsaber stabbing, electrocuting, torturing nonsense is just evil and not fun.

Thank you. :/ I thought I was doing really good, but then sometimes there comes a moment when I get sad.

Is it normal that I just really want to know how he is doing?

Aaaaaanyway ... the people in the World Cup forum say I am supposed to root for Costa Rica. I know nothing about Costa Rica and nothing about football.

No, that’s really normal in my experience m, and wanting to call them to see is too.

WHAAAAAAAT. THREE (3!), three job openings open at the same time that I am qualified to apply for, actually demand my knowledge, and that I would actually like to do, would be very happy to do, OR be totally over the moon thrilled to do? What. Is. Happening. This is proof that miracles actually do happen and exist.

So excited about having some options open right now.

Sincerely, 

The One With The Useless MA

Additional info: I applied to no. 1 today, this is actually my back-up option (I expect not many people are going to apply, and they want 4 people, and I am quite qualified). No. 2 is the one that I was planning to apply for, it is a better position, I am also qualified except for one little thing, the potential supervisor likes me, but there is a bureaucratic nightmare about me applying for it. Now I just found out about no. 3 (shocking!), which is the same position as no. 2, only in an another department, and with a different supervisor - the supervisor I already worked with and with whom we only have good experience with each other, especially because they just wrote me a recommendation for no. 1, and I was so happy about how they described me, so I know they have a good opinion of me. The bureaucratic nightmare is the same with this application as with no. 2, but if I get that one, I think it will be worth it. And I completely, 100 % fit into the requirements.

So this is how people with a useful diploma in actually searched for fields feel.

It is going to be a tense few weeks going through the processes, but ... it is actually likely I am not going to be working on shitty student contracts come October.

2 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

It is going to be a tense few weeks going through the processes, but ... it is actually likely I am not going to be working on shitty student contracts come October.

Good luck!

3 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

WHAAAAAAAT. THREE (3!), three job openings open at the same time that I am qualified to apply for, actually demand my knowledge, and that I would actually like to do, would be very happy to do, OR be totally over the moon thrilled to do? What. Is. Happening. This is proof that miracles actually do happen and exist.

Sincerely, 

Additional info: I applied to no. 1 today, this is actually my back-up option (I expect not many people are going to apply, and they want 4 people, and I am quite qualified). No. 2 is the one that I was planning to apply for, it is a better position, I am also qualified except for one little thing, the potential supervisor likes me, but there is a bureaucratic nightmare about me applying for it. Now I just found out about no. 3 (shocking!), which is the same position as no. 2, only in an another department, and with a different supervisor - the supervisor I already worked with and with whom we only have good experience with each other, especially because they just wrote me a recommendation for no. 1, and I was so happy about how they described me, so I know they have a good opinion of me. The bureaucratic nightmare is the same with this application as with no. 2, but if I get that one, I think it will be worth it. And I completely, 100 % fit into the requirements.

So this is how people with a useful diploma in actually searched for fields feel.

I’m really glad you found some job options that suit you and make you feel motivated.

Good luck with getting all the jobs and picking your favorite! 

Nope, in my experience people with a degree in searched-for areas don’t care if they are qualified for a job or meet requirements. They want the job to offer enough and meet their requirements. 

Fingers crossed for you in the next two weeks. 

Thanks, RB.

Well, since all of the jobs I am going to apply are in the public sector, so I cannot really have a lot of requirements; the conditions are standard for everybody applying.

Now pleeeeaase, potential supervisor, answer my email and don't be annoyed with me for first asking you for a recommendation for another job and then trying to apply for this ...

2 hours ago, Pebble said:

Good luck Bucky,  I'm sure you don't need it but good luck anyway.

well you need luck for your shitty football team, and I can't offer you any for that.  but I do have some Vodka for you to drown your sorrows with.

I would answer you with a proper Costa-Rica-referencing comeback, but the truth is, I don't actually know anything about Costa Rica. :leaving:

20 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

I would answer you with a proper Costa-Rica-referencing comeback, but the truth is, I don't actually know anything about Costa Rica. :leaving:

I'm gonna help you here.

Jurrassic park Islands are supposed to be in Costa Rican waters. thus in their territory.  Thus you could use your velocirators to decimate the Opposition.      Just leave us Russians alone.    we are ranked well last in the world rankings.  However such rankings are totally biased fake propaganda by Western capitalist scum.

On 6/11/2018 at 4:58 PM, The BelgianBear said:

Well in the interest of keeping things going, had a fun, but tiring weekend away. Got back to find a letter from the high court, :worried: but it turned out just to be Jury Service. So that might be interesting.

Awaiting my World Cup team, last time I got Algeria, so hopefully I'll have a little more luck this year.

My colleague is on jury service at the minute and she is horribly stressed. She sat for one trial already which was...let’s just say it was unpleasant and leave it be.

I got Germany here, I’m trying to think of some witty new username and avatar. My lucky dip at work got me Russia. Can someone tell me if that’s a reasonable chance for 1st 2nd or 3rd? I have money riding on this!

(One of my colleagues who has the absolute worst luck in everything confirmed her bad luck by picking Panama out of the hat :lol: )

18 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

Sincerely, 

Best of luck!

14 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m really glad you found some job options that suit you and make you feel motivated.

Good luck with getting all the jobs and picking your favorite! 

Nope, in my experience people with a degree in searched-for areas don’t care if they are qualified for a job or meet requirements. They want the job to offer enough and meet their requirements.

Fingers crossed for you in the next two weeks. 

Well, maybe just speaking for myself but I quite often don’t exactly fit job requirements because they demand experience I don’t have and can’t get because everywhere wants prior experience and I can’t afford to not work and get that experience on a voluntary basis. But also, I don’t think the labour force having expectations of their potential employer is unreasonable at all. Employers have all the power in employee/employer relationships but expecting certain things from them isn’t unreasonable

2 hours ago, Pebble said:

I'm gonna help you here.

Jurrassic park Islands are supposed to be in Costa Rican waters. thus in their territory.  Thus you could use your velocirators to decimate the Opposition.      Just leave us Russians alone.    we are ranked well last in the world rankings.  However such rankings are totally biased fake propaganda by Western capitalist scum.

That is ... good to know. :D

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

Hey Buck, I hope all goes well with your future employment!  

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I got Germany here, I’m trying to think of some witty new username and avatar.

Helena aus der Maschine? :P

Best of luck!

Well, maybe just speaking for myself but I quite often don’t exactly fit job requirements because they demand experience I don’t have and can’t get because everywhere wants prior experience and I can’t afford to not work and get that experience on a voluntary basis. But also, I don’t think the labour force having expectations of their potential employer is unreasonable at all. Employers have all the power in employee/employer relationships but expecting certain things from them isn’t unreasonable

Thanks. :)

The things I am applying for are actually all beginner's level, so they don't demand that much experience.

Really stressed now because I am not getting emails I am expecting ... I am trying not to stress too much, but it is kind of eating me on the inside ... the application deadline is next week, and I need this information soon.

39 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I got Germany here, I’m trying to think of some witty new username and avatar. My lucky dip at work got me Russia. Can someone tell me if that’s a reasonable chance for 1st 2nd or 3rd? I have money riding on this!

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/index.html

#70, and since the 1970's only one host nation has won (France.) So in short don't expect Russia to do too well.

My colleague is on jury service at the minute and she is horribly stressed. She sat for one trial already which was...let’s just say it was unpleasant and leave it be.

My sister in law (who is a doctor) had a guy come in with temporary stress induced amnesia, they knew he'd been on Jury service, and there was apparently a really nasty case at the time that it could have been.

1 hour ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

Okay, another light-hearted topic ...

Is this a trend now and why? I have seen several people wearing that in the last few days, sometimes with socks. A friend also noticed it and posted about it on fb. So um ... is this only happening here or in other countries too?

Oh, has this only just reached Slovenia? It has been a ‘thing’ in certain groups in the UK for well over a year now. 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Best of luck!

Very few candidates actually fit (completely) job requirements, because they are so specific and personalized for the prospective employer, from what I have seen. This is where attitude and motivation and character come in, because almost anybody can be trained to fit a position perfectly if they want to work the job and are cut out for it, even if they can’t meet all the job requirements. Thats totally okay. Obviously, don’t apply for a nursing job if you have a degree in law, but nobody expects you to meet 100% of the requirements, so don’t feel discouraged to apply for something that’s at least 65-70% match for your qualitifications and experience. As for prospective employee expectations, I absolutely agree with you. I worked in a highly candidate driven area as a recruiter, candidate expectations were high and important, because the situation. Of the labor market enabled it. That’s fine, that’s how the market works. 

Bucky....

But for the past three seasons, we’ve had the steadiest ratings on TV. We have the same, basically 600,000 people who watch the show every week. No more, no less. And the fans are all in. The fans are amazing. I’m so excited to do another live tour. Hopefully we’ll hit some of those international markets. I see you, United Kingdom. I see you. That’s another reason it doesn’t feel like the end. And then I’ll be out of a job.

*Heavy breathing*

On 6/13/2018 at 3:52 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Very few candidates actually fit (completely) job requirements, because they are so specific and personalized for the prospective employer, from what I have seen. This is where attitude and motivation and character come in, because almost anybody can be trained to fit a position perfectly if they want to work the job and are cut out for it, even if they can’t meet all the job requirements. Thats totally okay. Obviously, don’t apply for a nursing job if you have a degree in law, but nobody expects you to meet 100% of the requirements, so don’t feel discouraged to apply for something that’s at least 65-70% match for your qualitifications and experience. As for prospective employee expectations, I absolutely agree with you. I worked in a highly candidate driven area as a recruiter, candidate expectations were high and important, because the situation. Of the labor market enabled it. That’s fine, that’s how the market works. 

Wait you worked as a recruiter? Mind if I PM you a few questions a bit later?

Archived