TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

11 minutes ago, Vin said:

Hello , 

I've been checking and reading through the logs and so far 473 doesn't seem to be an exaggerated number ...I'm intrigued ! :eek: what's the deal ?

What deal? :O

Also, how much have you read? :ninja: There are dangerous secrets buried in these threads.

Helena ... I think I found the interview you quoted ... she also says:

And we haven’t had Donna Lynne Champlin tap dance yet. We have to rectify that.

Yes, please! I read some time ago that she was an excellent tap dancer, and I really want to see that.

16 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

What deal? :O

Also, how much have you read? :ninja: There are dangerous secrets buried in these threads.

Helena ... I think I found the interview you quoted ... she also says:

Yes, please! I read some time ago that she was an excellent tap dancer, and I really want to see that.

How does the place function ? 

I've skimmed all the way till the middle of 2014 

4 minutes ago, Vin said:

How does the place function ? 

I've skimmed all the way till the middle of 2014 

Well, if you did that, you pretty much know by now. :lol: We just post things. In the last two years way less than we used to.

Tell us about yourself, new person. :P

41 minutes ago, Vin said:

Hello , 

I've been checking and reading through the logs and so far 473 doesn't seem to be an exaggerated number ...I'm intrigued ! :eek: what's the deal ?

It's times like these that I am glad most of my secrets have been purged from the board most bing in the first 150 threadslets.  Things where very :leer:   and :blushing: then.  

Welcome new spammer.    have some Cheese.  and a flag.  :commie:

4 minutes ago, Pebble said:

It's times like these that I am glad most of my secrets have been purged from the board most bing in the first 150 threadslets.  Things where very :leer:   and :blushing: then.  

Welcome new spammer.    have some Cheese.  and a flag.  :commie:

Times like these remind me I should not be that open in these threads. :blushing:

Yes, that is the right flag for you right now. :P:commie:

1 minute ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

Well, if you did that, you pretty much know by now. :lol: We just post things. In the last two years way less than we used to.

Tell us about yourself, new person. :P

I found the race aspect quite funny , first thread I read confused the hell out of me when I reached it lol 

OK, umm , I'm American and hail from the east coast , a male , 27 years old , I'm an engineer , I speak English , German and know a miniscule bit of Arabic... what else , I'm 6'3 high and weigh in at around 190 give or take 2 pounds .  Ya seems right .

8 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

Times like these remind me I should not be that open in these threads. :blushing:

Yes, that is the right flag for you right now. :P:commie:

I've been told I'm a bit compulsive when it comes to going through things :blush: so I think you guys are safe outside of weirdos like me .

Cool , I like flags .

Trust me, you have not been as open as some of the stuff shared in double digits.    - @ bucky

Ah the race.  a little board history.   we used to race from post 900.   then some of us would break the secret peace by leaving "gifts" in the +1K Old thread for the Mods attempting to be the last person to post before it got locked.     whoever posted the 1k post wins the thread and gets the right to name and start the next one.   a hat trick was 1st post, 1kp post and last post.

Once long ago  Moutain Goat - used to review the post and make a spam news report Almost daily.  this was a great catchup and often very funny.  long ago the board would not let you post twice withing 10 mins without merging your posts unless someone posted inbetween.  then one Saturday the 10 min rule was removed  in the maddenss that created we created and finished 4 1k threadlets.   MG reviewed them all.  it was a challenge.

Once for fun there was the TTTNE goat stampeed.  for some reason many of us stole MG avatar , signature and copped as close as we could his username.   the end half of the thread was entire goats.

Trust me, you have not been as open as some of the stuff shared in double digits. 

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

That is true, I was not around in the mytical time of that NHAW thing I have seen referenced in obscure parts of the board.

Ah the race.  a little board history.   we used to race from post 900.   then some of us would break the secret peace by leaving "gifts" in the +1K Old thread for the Mods attempting to be the last person to post before it got locked.     whoever posted the 1k post wins the thread and gets the right to name and start the next one.   a hat trick was 1st post, 1kp post and last post.

We still race, only past post 950 ... and it is really uneventful these days, sadly. We need more people spamming daily. We are welcoming and don't bite!

Once long ago  Moutain Goat - used to review the post and make a spam news report Almost daily.  this was a great catchup and often very funny.  long ago the board would not let you post twice withing 10 mins without merging your posts unless someone posted inbetween.  then one Saturday the 10 min rule was removed  in the maddenss that created we created and finished 4 1k threadlets.   MG reviewed them all.  it was a challenge.

Speaking of, what is up with Mountain Goat? Does he still post anywhere?

Once for fun there was the TTTNE goat stampeed.  for some reason many of us stole MG avatar , signature and copped as close as we could his username.   the end half of the thread was entire goats.

Baaaaaaaaah! :lol: I am sorry I wasn't there for that.

But then I was there for the pictionary game where everybody dressed up as our noble host The Black Bear. That was amazing. Poor Bear was so confused. :wub:  @The BelgianBear (Stupid World Cup names make it hard to find anybody!)

20 minutes ago, Vin said:

I found the race aspect quite funny , first thread I read confused the hell out of me when I reached it lol 

OK, umm , I'm American and hail from the east coast , a male , 27 years old , I'm an engineer , I speak English , German and know a miniscule bit of Arabic... what else , I'm 6'3 high and weigh in at around 190 give or take 2 pounds .  Ya seems right .

*curtsey* Nice to meet you, ser.

3 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Reading TTTNE back to 2014 must have been like binge watching a low budget sit com on a local cable channel :eek: :leaving: 

Hide contents

But that's how I love the thread too, otherwise I wouldn't be still here...

True. That is a good description.

And then in January, it inexplicably turns into a medieval drama about kings, queens, their courts, and a mysterious thing called The Spamsmoot. :pirate:

2014 was the time of Queen Maid Of Woodlynne and King King Tyrion.

26 minutes ago, Pebble said:

Trust me, you have not been as open as some of the stuff shared in double digits.    - @ bucky

This sounds like the age of heroes . 

15 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

*curtsey* Nice to meet you, ser.

I'm rusty but here goes

14 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Reading TTTNE back to 2014 must have been like binge watching a low budget sit com on a local cable channel :eek: :leaving: 

Hide contents

But that's how I love the thread too, otherwise I wouldn't be still here...

That's quite accurate lol  

But it was fascinating and there were some cool stories .

21 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

True. That is a good description.

And then in January, it inexplicably turns used to turn into a medieval drama about kings, queens, their courts, and a mysterious thing called The Spamsmoot. :pirate:

2014 was the time of Queen Maid Of Woodlynne and King King Tyrion.

But yeah, spamsmoots were fun back in the day.

11 minutes ago, Vin said:

But it was fascinating and there were some cool stories .

I do not dare to ask... :O 

2 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

But then I was there for the pictionary game where everybody dressed up as our noble host The Black Bear. That was amazing. Poor Bear was so confused. :wub:  @The BelgianBear (Stupid World Cup names make it hard to find anybody!)

You're all monsters.

And yes, it is most confusing, what we need is a central body that regulates all the boardnames, a Union of some sort. Maybe based in a small central European country.

7 hours ago, The BelgianBear said:

You're all monsters.

And yes, it is most confusing, what we need is a central body that regulates all the boardnames, a Union of some sort. Maybe based in a small central European country.

I'd vote in.

Oh I just remembered I'm Russia at the moment.

What you need is to fall under the umbrella of the Motherland.  we will look after you, supply you with Vodka  and regulated things.  we are very good at regulating things.   Oh and we will make the trains run on time.

Of course should you choose not wisely and set up some kind of western European abomination, then do not be surprised if your Internets are hacked. Money Laundered and Elections rigged.  Also we note such countries appear unsafe for traitors of the Motherland, things just happen.  People fall from tall buildings, hang themselves from ceiling fans, drink radioactive tea and touch nerve agents.  I don't know why such places are just so unsafe, but have an election there are many Ethnic Russians in your lands who really would love to be part of the the Motherland again, Have an election join us or be annexed.

4 hours ago, Pebble said:

I'd vote in.

Oh I just remembered I'm Russia at the moment.

What you need is to fall under the umbrella of the Motherland.  we will look after you, supply you with Vodka  and regulated things.  we are very good at regulating things.   Oh and we will make the trains run on time.

Of course should you choose not wisely and set up some kind of western European abomination, then do not be surprised if your Internets are hacked. Money Laundered and Elections rigged.  Also we note such countries appear unsafe for traitors of the Motherland, things just happen.  People fall from tall buildings, hang themselves from ceiling fans, drink radioactive tea and touch nerve agents.  I don't know why such places are just so unsafe, but have an election there are many Ethnic Russians in your lands who really would love to be part of the the Motherland again, Have an election join us or be annexed.

Speaking of which , I loved This part yesterday :lol:

Have you ever had a period in work where you couldn't do anything until certain stuff was done ? It's booooring ! I feel like I'm sitting on my hands .

Life and its little ironies... -  !!!ramble warning!!! do not read on if you are usually bored with my shit - 

The other time I was in a rather stupid and suprisingly strong debate with a friend about how much one should spend on a laptop. The conclusion was, not too surprisingly, that I'm snobby and incompetent when it comes to computers, and it doesn't take $800-900 to buy a good laptop for standard use. Friend went ahead and bought a laptop for $300, it stopped working in a week and the struggle to get it fixed is real. Oh well. 

I'm trying to book a table for a team building event, but almost every single pub, bar, café is in WorldCup fever. Not sure how we are going to discuss our motivation to stay with the firm in spite of its preposterous practices among packs of football fans yelling at the screen over their beers. And the whole issue got me thinking, is there anybody in this team, who wouldn't immediately exchange motivaitonal bullshit for a drink and the designated match of the evening, because I sure would. Oh well. 

Does anybody remember the Love is... chewing gum with the ugly characters and the fortune cookie wisdom about love? I should start production on Adulthood is... chewing gum. And go to philosohpical depths like, ...when you don't buy a pair of shoes for $100 because you know that kind of money can cover two private doctor's appointments and it's time for some annual checkups. And make it taste like rum. 

20 minutes ago, Vin said:

Speaking of which , I loved This part yesterday :lol:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. This is the best thing I have seen on the internet today. 

No, wait. I've seen Empire's Aquaman cover. Second best. 

Archived