TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

On 6/13/2018 at 4:12 PM, Helenas Musikautomat said:

Oh, has this only just reached Slovenia? It has been a ‘thing’ in certain groups in the UK for well over a year now. 

I forgot to answer that ...

Well, it has reached Slovenia in, like, early 90s? I mean, this is what I associate this type of footwear - early 90s "dad" beach fashion. Not high schoolers in 2018.

12 hours ago, The BelgianBear said:

You're all monsters.

And yes, it is most confusing, what we need is a central body that regulates all the boardnames, a Union of some sort. Maybe based in a small central European country.

I was taught that Belgium is in western Europe, not central.

15 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Life and its little ironies... -  !!!ramble warning!!! do not read on if you are usually bored with my shit - 

The other time I was in a rather stupid and suprisingly strong debate with a friend about how much one should spend on a laptop. The conclusion was, not too surprisingly, that I'm snobby and incompetent when it comes to computers, and it doesn't take $800-900 to buy a good laptop for standard use. Friend went ahead and bought a laptop for $300, it stopped working in a week and the struggle to get it fixed is real. Oh well. 

I'm trying to book a table for a team building event, but almost every single pub, bar, café is in WorldCup fever. Not sure how we are going to discuss our motivation to stay with the firm in spite of its preposterous practices among packs of football fans yelling at the screen over their beers. And the whole issue got me thinking, is there anybody in this team, who wouldn't immediately exchange motivaitonal bullshit for a drink and the designated match of the evening, because I sure would. Oh well. 

Does anybody remember the Love is... chewing gum with the ugly characters and the fortune cookie wisdom about love? I should start production on Adulthood is... chewing gum. And go to philosohpical depths like, ...when you don't buy a pair of shoes for $100 because you know that kind of money can cover two private doctor's appointments and it's time for some annual checkups. And make it taste like rum. 

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. This is the best thing I have seen on the internet today. 

No, wait. I've seen Empire's Aquaman cover. Second best. 

Oh these were a prominent fixture during my excavation of the threads but this is my first live one ! :cheers:

Seeing as I am a bit if an expert in this field ,I'll say that the price of your machine depends on what you wanna use it for . Just internet browsing and spreadsheet work doesn't really need anything , heck I could probably run it off a raspberry pi 3  and that costs like 35 to 50 bucks . So a 300 dollar laptop should definitely be good enough ,but then again some manufacturers cut way too many corners and are rather shit . But if you plan to do anything that needs a gpu than definitely go for the higher end . I'm actually a big believer in custom builds but that requires a lot of research on the buyers part so I definitely don't begrudge anyone stock choices . I use mine for work and some games so they're rather expensive custom builds, 3000 dollar laptop(this one is ordered) , 5000 dollar desktop (I built this one myself)  and at work the lab has a 50000 dollar one for data analysis and shit .

Unfortunate timing , why not try to book something different like I remember once we had something like that and we did it at one of those trampoline bouncy places that have sponge pits and stuff . Loved it .

*confusion*

How about This ? 

1 hour ago, The BelgianBear said:

Central to the important parts of Europe.

<_< How kind.

1 hour ago, Vin said:

How about This ? 

This is very weird. It reads like something fitting on the Eurovision stage, not into politics.

12 minutes ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

<_< How kind.

This is very weird. It reads like something fitting on the Eurovision stage, not into politics.

Well one could argue that eurovision and politics are parodies of each other .

Hello everyone, I hope you’ve all had a good week, and there is a newcomer, hello new person!.

I’ve had a fairly sleepless uneventful week, mini has started teething so is understandably grumpy, oh and I test drove a Tesla, it was weird.

3 hours ago, Vin said:

Well one could argue that eurovision and politics are parodies of each other .

That is very true.

51 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Hello everyone, I hope you’ve all had a good week, and there is a newcomer, hello new person!.

I’ve had a fairly sleepless uneventful week, mini has started teething so is understandably grumpy, oh and I test drove a Tesla, it was weird.

Hello. Mini must be growing so quickly!

Also, you two both need an avatar. :P

3 hours ago, Vin said:

Oh these were a prominent fixture during my excavation of the threads but this is my first live one ! :cheers:

Seeing as I am a bit if an expert in this field ,I'll say that the price of your machine depends on what you wanna use it for . Just internet browsing and spreadsheet work doesn't really need anything , heck I could probably run it off a raspberry pi 3  and that costs like 35 to 50 bucks . So a 300 dollar laptop should definitely be good enough ,but then again some manufacturers cut way too many corners and are rather shit . But if you plan to do anything that needs a gpu than definitely go for the higher end . I'm actually a big believer in custom builds but that requires a lot of research on the buyers part so I definitely don't begrudge anyone stock choices . I use mine for work and some games so they're rather expensive custom builds, 3000 dollar laptop(this one is ordered) , 5000 dollar desktop (I built this one myself)  and at work the lab has a 50000 dollar one for data analysis and shit .

Unfortunate timing , why not try to book something different like I remember once we had something like that and we did it at one of those trampoline bouncy places that have sponge pits and stuff . Loved it .

*confusion*

How about This ? 

I can only imagine how uplifting an experience it must have been :lol: 

As for laptop, I use it for work, watching movies, browsing the internet and occasional photoshopping. What I need is quickness, a decent memory, strong battery and overall durability. I don’t know how that translates to laptop attributes. My current laptop is 6 years old and apart from its dying battery, it’s working perfectly. I had to get it fixed twice but both were under $50 ventures. 

The bowling is already booked for before dinner/drinks, so that’s set. We just need a suitable place to not starve for the rest of the evening. 

:lol: Well am glad to see our government isn’t the only meme worthy one around here. 

3 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

That is very true.

Hello. Mini must be growing so quickly!

Also, you two both need an avatar. :P

I'll see about that .

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I can only imagine how uplifting an experience it must have been :lol: 

As for laptop, I use it for work, watching movies, browsing the internet and occasional photoshopping. What I need is quickness, a decent memory, strong battery and overall durability. I don’t know how that translates to laptop attributes. My current laptop is 6 years old and apart from its dying battery, it’s working perfectly. I had to get it fixed twice but both were under $50 ventures. 

The bowling is already booked for before dinner/drinks, so that’s set. We just need a suitable place to not starve for the rest of the evening. 

:lol: Well am glad to see our government isn’t the only meme worthy one around here. 

Well I enjoyed mean girls so they weren't unappreciated .

Well that simplifies things . If you're on a budget I recommend Acer aspire e 15 it'll cost 600 $ however if you're OK with being a bit more liberal with your money I strongly recommend the Dell xps 13 which will cost you 800$ . Both have an excellent battery and will serve your needs well . But the xps 13 is more powerful and will last you longer .

Here's a novel idea ... how about just going to Ikea ? I'm sure they'll be free and they have good food .

Well you've still got a long road to go if you ever wanna compete with our government kiddo B)

1 hour ago, Vin said:

I'll see about that .

Well I enjoyed mean girls so they weren't unappreciated .

Well that simplifies things . If you're on a budget I recommend Acer aspire e 15 it'll cost 600 $ however if you're OK with being a bit more liberal with your money I strongly recommend the Dell xps 13 which will cost you 800$ . Both have an excellent battery and will serve your needs well . But the xps 13 is more powerful and will last you longer .

Here's a novel idea ... how about just going to Ikea ? I'm sure they'll be free and they have good food .

Well you've still got a long road to go if you ever wanna compete with our government kiddo B)

Mean girls? :eek: I'm a good person. Such good, real good person. Let me hear you say it too, @El trigo sarraceno, say it! 

Thanks for the recommendations. My first laptop was a Dell, lasted a good five years, survived lots of teenage abuse. I trust Dell. Never had an Acer, might as well give it a go. In any case, a new laptop is not in my financial plan for 2018, so I'll not rush the decision. 

And we'll throw meatballs at the least motivated person! Love it! 

*tries to recall where you're from* Been building walls recently, right? 

2 hours ago, El trigo sarraceno said:

I don't know who that is, but sure. :P

Why it's only Vin ;)

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Mean girls? :eek: I'm a good person. Such good, real good person. Let me hear you say it too, @El trigo sarraceno, say it! 

Thanks for the recommendations. My first laptop was a Dell, lasted a good five years, survived lots of teenage abuse. I trust Dell. Never had an Acer, might as well give it a go. In any case, a new laptop is not in my financial plan for 2018, so I'll not rush the decision. 

And we'll throw meatballs at the least motivated person! Love it! 

*tries to recall where you're from* Been building walls recently, right? 

When people don't recognize a mean girls reference :angry:

Dell have always been solid if a bit pricey but their fundamental work is solid and they never skimp on the motherboard or the battery which are usually the stuff that causes laptops to have age problems. Acer are pretty good for how cheap they are , their main issue is that their technical support is garbage .whatever you do just ,for the love of pizza don't buy a mac .

I've gone to Ikea just for food numerous times . I am unapologetic about that . Heck once , an ex-girlfriend and I went on a date to Ikea :lol:

More like chatting with fat dictators .

8 hours ago, Vin said:

Boo, You whore!

8 hours ago, Vin said:

I've gone to Ikea just for food numerous times . I am unapologetic about that . Heck once , an ex-girlfriend and I went on a date to Ikea :lol:

Ikea is a nightmarish labyrinth of consumerism. I just want a bookshelf, I don't need to spend an entire lifetime traversing a thousand flimsy cliched homes. Then just when you've got acclimatised to the sheen, you're thrown into a cold grey warehouse, like a baby torn from the womb.

It's not for me.

Archived