TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

5 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I wouldn’t have, I love my hair!, besides she was no proper Sith, Darth Zannah, that’s my tole

model :D.

I don't know who that is. 

Now that I got paid, do I need a Helena funko pop? 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

97 cms according to the webpage I found. 

And agreed again, guns shouldn’t be easy to obtain. The most dangerous things I own are kitchen knives, paprika spray and frying pans. 

I always loved the idea of learning to shoot as a kid and I had water guns, crafted weapons for my barbies from stuff I found around the house, and I always wanted toy rifles to go with my Padmé outfit, which I even cut up, and sometimes went to the length of drawing “cuts” with red face paint crayon on my arm and back. I even went to the school fair of the homeland security university when I was 17 - and met very handsome guys who went there.  But as I grew up and realized I wasn’t physically or mentally or anythingally cut out for that kinda career, my obsession with gunfights and spying remained on the level of watching James Bond, reading spy books and buying Kalashnikov bullet shaped ice trays on eBay. Which is just the right way for life to have gone. 

Archibald is a great name for a dog. :thumbsup: 

Wow this is an oversharing-rich 24 hours... 

If I place it diagonally then I can fit it in the drawer.

Well then you're still considered dangerous in London according to their "no reason to carry a knife" mayor and judges who think sharp pointy knives are only useful for professional chefs and need a licence . Be careful , you could be arrested for carrying a A weapon of mash destruction.

Lol , you must've been an adorable child . With a big kind heart too , to have love for the clone wars . First time I fired a gun I was 14 , have been going to the range every couple of weeks ever since . Maybe you should try it if you have a range near you , it's fun and can be very relaxing .

I feel obliged to inform you that the 7.62×39mm round predates the ak47 and so calling it the AK bullet is kinda wrong , the quaint name for it is the Soviet short .

thank you ! Named after Dr John Archibald Wheeler and the knight of the round table from Arthurian legend.

13 hours ago, Vin said:

Dogs under 10 kg aren't really dogs imo . Archibald is a bit on the heavy side for his breed but he's healthy and not fat.

What dog breed is he? Also, do you actually yell Archibald in the park or wherever you walk him, or does he have a shorter nickname? ;)

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh yeah, I’m pretty sure those are forbidden to get for a civilian here. The info I have on gun ownership comes from my dad’s hunting rifles. And I agree with you, people are on average too dumb to responsibly own a gun, hence the best way is to not let them near guns.

Agreed. Well said too.

Doesn’t your closet have drawers, though? I don’t have a chest of drawers either, but my closet has drawer units.

Nope, I open the door and there are shelves inside and I put stuff on the shelves. I would like to have drawers though. I had a chest of drawers for a while in Vienna and found it practical.

And agreed again, guns shouldn’t be easy to obtain. The most dangerous things I own are kitchen knives, paprika spray and frying pans.

Very dangerous objects indeed.

I did not even have toy guns as a child. :dunno:

I finally found a room :) Going to move the city where my university is in a month and a half. I'll be living with ten other students, all of whom were really fun and welcoming when I met them two nights ago. So I'm pretty excited.

38 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

ah, earring the past page I see my suspicions were correct. Fare thee well I guess, i’m Checking out of the thread for a while

Huh? Why? :( 

6 hours ago, Vin said:

If I place it diagonally then I can fit it in the drawer.

Well then you're still considered dangerous in London according to their "no reason to carry a knife" mayor and judges who think sharp pointy knives are only useful for professional chefs and need a licence . Be careful , you could be arrested for carrying a A weapon of mash destruction.

Lol , you must've been an adorable child . With a big kind heart too , to have love for the clone wars . First time I fired a gun I was 14 , have been going to the range every couple of weeks ever since . Maybe you should try it if you have a range near you , it's fun and can be very relaxing .

I feel obliged to inform you that the 7.62×39mm round predates the ak47 and so calling it the AK bullet is kinda wrong , the quaint name for it is the Soviet short .

thank you ! Named after Dr John Archibald Wheeler and the knight of the round table from Arthurian legend.

Oh Well... you should probably explain this to eBay. 

5 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

What dog breed is he? Also, do you actually yell Archibald in the park or wherever you walk him, or does he have a shorter nickname? ;)

Agreed. Well said too.

Nope, I open the door and there are shelves inside and I put stuff on the shelves. I would like to have drawers though. I had a chest of drawers for a while in Vienna and found it practical.

Very dangerous objects indeed.

I did not even have toy guns as a child. :dunno:

Oh, I see. Drawers are practical. You can keep knickers, vodka and Xanax in them. 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

YEs you need a funko pop of me :D 

A funko pop of you! You should sign it for me :D 

so sister is wailing like a baby and suffocating on her tears in her room because her phone died and her data is lost, including miles of precious iMessage exchanges with and even more precious photos of her douchebag ex boyfriend. She lost music, screenshots of more precious exchanges, and she’s experiencing apocalyptic grief over the issue. She also decided she won’t come back next week, because she cannot bear the stress of... who knows what, and insists that she won’t wipe and reinstall her phone but keeps it in an unusable state with the inaccessible data and... builds an altar for it? I don’t know. In any case, the tragedy is real. 

On 7/6/2018 at 5:54 PM, First of My Name said:

I finally found a room :) Going to move the city where my university is in a month and a half. I'll be living with ten other students, all of whom were really fun and welcoming when I met them two nights ago. So I'm pretty excited.

Yay, exciting. I am sure you will enjoy your student years very much. :) 

Hello everyone :D, I’m heading off to the airport soon, think I will probably drive my partner mad all the time I’m not around, asking how mini Sith is and what she is doing right now.

Got a day of seeing the sites etc tomorrow as my friend that I’m going with hasn’t been to New York before, then Tuesday probably some shopping, more siteseeing and Radiohead concert in the evening :commie:.

Then got another full day after that and back Thursday, I hope you all have a great week :).

Hmm. I made tomato - shrimp pasta and I’m experiencing the same issues over and over again. Even though I season the crap out of everything (by my standards) I still can’t really feel the garlic and basil, it’s just overpowering tomato flavor. Do I mess up the heat or do I just need to add even more seasoning? 

On 7/6/2018 at 3:29 PM, Buckwheat said:

He's an Akita inu .

Well ...yeah . But he also answers to Archie and Chi Chi .

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Hmm. I made tomato - shrimp pasta and I’m experiencing the same issues over and over again. Even though I season the crap out of everything (by my standards) I still can’t really feel the garlic and basil, it’s just overpowering tomato flavor. Do I mess up the heat or do I just need to add even more seasoning? 

Depends on what type of tomato product you used , paste , whole , sun dried ...etc.  some are more concentrated and overpowering that others . Also did you crush the garlic or slice it ? So many things go into it . I mean cooking is practically chemistry. 

Went on a couple more dates that were great with the same lady I mentioned before .  I think we're a thing now . 

Wait wait wait wait wait. This is absolutely wrong and I only just realize. The kid Helena is not played by the girl who plays Charlotte and baby Rachel. :eek: what an epic fail.... 

i used plum tomatoes and store bought tomato purée and I crushed the garlic. I do want to blame the godawful olive oil I still haven’t thrown out. Though today I used it on some hinges and it’s perfect for that at least... 

Archived