TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

7 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I think it would be harder but we would manage, with two,when I got back from NYC the first thing I did was give baby Sith a huge cuddle, she was all bouncy and happy to see me :D.

I think if I ever got a dog it would be a boxer, they’re just so fun and playful and good with kids.

Awww that’s awesome :) 

i think it all depends on the personalities of the littles. Lil O was just so full of energy - rarely napped and was always into something from the get go. When he would tantrum it would get really bad. There really wasn’t any other adult that could handle him for more than a few hours. 

So for me, having a second within a year or two of him just wasn’t something I could handle. But if he were a calmer child it probably would have been a different story. My sister and I are 3 years apart and that felt like a good age difference growing up. I do sometimes lament that we didn’t start earlier and have at least one more, but I’m very grateful that we have our two. 

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh, where are you now, and why? :)

There was a boxer on our street when I was little who would stubbornly sit down on a morning until we walked our dog and she got to see him and play with him. The poor old man who owned her was stood freezing in the snow for half an hour one day because she wouldn't move

I love this story!!! What a lovable dog! 

On 7/13/2018 at 11:36 PM, Buckwheat said:

I am skeptical of this new city in a country slightly bigger than a postage stamp. I am staying here for three weeks. Keep me company, spammers, for I will be lonely.

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Just for three weeks. Germany. To do boring studying thing. :rolleyes:

I would argue that Germany is not even remotely a postage stamp country . It is just the proper size . 

Walk around, there's always tons of local sites and things to experience and explore , old people to talk to . Especially since you're proficient in the common tongue. That's what I try to do usually.

On 7/14/2018 at 2:46 AM, Lady Olenna said:

I am very happy with our 7 year age gap. I couldn’t handle two in diapers but so many do and I give them props for it! 

We have the same defense with the exception of a cavalier King Charles spaniel and a pug. I won’t have a dog that I can’t control on leash unless it’s a super mellow beast. I wouldn’t mind a Newfoundland if I could handle it. 

:whip:

Happy Weekend! 

:leaving: 

Archie might have technically evolved to be a fluffy murder machine but he's just a big fur ball really . Never had trouble on the leash and always obeys commands ,also sleeps half the time .

11 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

In the western part. :ninja:

NRW ? It's my favorite.

Okay now I'm beginning to see the drawbacks of having someone at work set you up with one of their friends ... they get the gossip and leer at you at work :leer:. not that I'm bothered , for I did cover myself in glory according to the gossip :smug:.

21 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh, where are you now, and why? :)

There was a boxer on our street when I was little who would stubbornly sit down on a morning until we walked our dog and she got to see him and play with him. The poor old man who owned her was stood freezing in the snow for half an hour one day because she wouldn't move

That dog sounds awesome!.

18 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Awww that’s awesome :) 

i think it all depends on the personalities of the littles. Lil O was just so full of energy - rarely napped and was always into something from the get go. When he would tantrum it would get really bad. There really wasn’t any other adult that could handle him for more than a few hours. 

So for me, having a second within a year or two of him just wasn’t something I could handle. But if he were a calmer child it probably would have been a different story. My sister and I are 3 years apart and that felt like a good age difference growing up. I do sometimes lament that we didn’t start earlier and have at least one more, but I’m very grateful that we have our two. 

I love this story!!! What a lovable dog! 

Mini Sith seems to be a well behaved and quite chilled baby, she does get a bit unsettled and fussy sometimes but it’s understandable as she’s teething, I missed her so much while I was away.

4 hours ago, Vin said:

they get the gossip and leer at you at work :leer:. not that I'm bothered , for I did cover myself in glory according to the gossip :smug:.

How humble :P.

Poor England though... I was rooting for them... from afar. Not sure how I missed out on literally all the matches. No, not all, I did watch one. Oh well. 

Go Croatia, our fellow post stamp country! :commie: 

i just bought the cutest lemon and watermelon paper cups in the world for less than a euro. Best deal of this summer so far. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Most of the viewers in this one bar are rooting for Croatia.

I’m not happy with how it’s going either... 

aaaand I finally packed the graduation gift for my friend. I think I went a little overboard but I’ve noticed I tend to do that when it comes to gifting. Anyway, it’s fun. And it barely fit into the box, but I still managed to squeeze everything in in a semi-aesthetic way. I did this one year with the shoebox charity too. I just couldn’t stop buying cute stuff and ended up with $50 worth of stuff and a premium chocolate jammed into a bigass handbag box that weighed like 3 kgs... I’m just hopeless... last year I tried to control myself by using a smaller box.  I’m not sure why I’m telling you this. I should do secret Santa one year so you would all understand what I’m talking about. I’ll look into getting a P.O. box. 

9 hours ago, Vin said:

I would argue that Germany is not even remotely a postage stamp country . It is just the proper size .

From my perspective, it is actually giant. But my frame of reference is based on postage stamp-sized countries.

Walk around, there's always tons of local sites and things to experience and explore , old people to talk to. Especially since you're proficient in the common tongue. That's what I try to do usually.

The city I am at is actually quite a boring one. But it is surrounded by interesting ones. Oh well, more time for me to sit in the library and write assignments. :rolleyes:

NRW ? It's my favorite.

Nope ...

Okay now I'm beginning to see the drawbacks of having someone at work set you up with one of their friends ... they get the gossip and leer at you at work :leer:. not that I'm bothered , for I did cover myself in glory according to the gossip :smug:.

Well well well. :leer: Methinks somebody was up to something recently.

I saw a really cute boy on the train yesterday. But all we did was look at each other for a while. It was a pity that we did not talk. Ah well. I need to work on my courage to talk to (cute) strangers. :leaving: 

5 hours ago, Vin said:

I know right ! Aren't I just magnificent ? 

Now you're just sounding like a male version of me :P.

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Poor England though... I was rooting for them... from afar. Not sure how I missed out on literally all the matches. No, not all, I did watch one. Oh well. 

Go Croatia, our fellow post stamp country! :commie: 

i just bought the cutest lemon and watermelon paper cups in the world for less than a euro. Best deal of this summer so far. 

Not poor England, I was hoping they would get knocked out earlier.

28 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aren’t you British? Why didn’t you support England? O.o

I'm only half British, and I didn't support England because I hate the drunken, loud yob culture that goes with England being in a football tournament, and the references to 1966, when they're so clearly not a very good team, so I prefer them getting knocked out nice and early.

28 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

I'm only half British, and I didn't support England because I hate the drunken, loud yob culture that goes with England being in a football tournament, and the references to 1966, when they're so clearly not a very good team, so I prefer them getting knocked out nice and early.

Ahh! I see. Football is very controversial around here as well. And we keep referencing 1953... I guess that was the last time our football was strong. 

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

So ... Berlin is always clean and quiet? :o

Capitals never are, but I still very much prefer Berlin to NRW.

My (admittedly limited) experience of NRW has been either one industrial area after another connected by endless stretches of busy Autobahn, dirty train stations full of unfriendly people, equally dirty and identical looking town centers, catholics judging me for holding hands with my best friend of the same sex, or complete and utter dörfliche Einöde (though tbf there's plenty of that in other areas as well.) Didn't exactly inspire me to go back for more :lol:

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I’m not happy with how it’s going either... 

aaaand I finally packed the graduation gift for my friend. I think I went a little overboard but I’ve noticed I tend to do that when it comes to gifting. Anyway, it’s fun. And it barely fit into the box, but I still managed to squeeze everything in in a semi-aesthetic way. I did this one year with the shoebox charity too. I just couldn’t stop buying cute stuff and ended up with $50 worth of stuff and a premium chocolate jammed into a bigass handbag box that weighed like 3 kgs... I’m just hopeless... last year I tried to control myself by using a smaller box.  I’m not sure why I’m telling you this. I should do secret Santa one year so you would all understand what I’m talking about. I’ll look into getting a P.O. box. 

I don't like giving gifts unless it's like a memento or something. I much prefer taking people out to do something fun together and if we're lucky memorable.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

From my perspective, it is actually giant. But my frame of reference is based on postage stamp-sized countries.

The city I am at is actually quite a boring one. But it is surrounded by interesting ones. Oh well, more time for me to sit in the library and write assignments. :rolleyes:

Nope ...

Well well well. :leer: Methinks somebody was up to something recently.

I saw a really cute boy on the train yesterday. But all we did was look at each other for a while. It was a pity that we did not talk. Ah well. I need to work on my courage to talk to (cute) strangers. :leaving: 

And that's after multiple slimming regiments lol 

No city is boring (except new York . Fuck new York) they all have their unique nooks and crannies , their own nature and idiosyncrasies . Go out and look , sniff the polls ,pick up some stones , order a dish you can't pronounce , annoy old retired people with questions ,observe if the city has more dogs or cats , check local potato prices , so many flavors ... you simply can't only pick the library my dear . One of my favorite weird things to do is ask someone for a story if we're stuck somewhere for a while ,makes the dmv a whole new experience.

Oh you know ...

That simply will not do sweet pea . You should totally makes some moves . What are they gonna do ,think you're weird ? You've already made eye contact and according to Willy Shakespeare that's more than enough .  

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Now you're just sounding like a male version of me :P.

Not poor England, I was hoping they would get knocked out earlier.

What can I say , I was born with a stupid amount of confidence. And I mean STUPID  , like it got me into situations where I was like " I should/could totally do that "  and then fail and get some humiliation in return but that was a net positive because I hated the failure and humiliation so much that I basically just worked ridiculously hard at everything since I was kid . Moral of the story people should do stupid things so they can be marvelous like us  /rant 

49 minutes ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

Meh, NRW is noisy and dirty, north and east is where you need to go :P

I dunno , I love it . Mom comes from Bonn so that's where I spent most of the time , the river is great , the baroque and Gothic architecture is wonderful . State is full of cool shit to discover outside of industrial centers .

9 hours ago, Vin said:

I don't like giving gifts unless it's like a memento or something. I much prefer taking people out to do something fun together and if we're lucky memorable.

I like giving gifts, it takes a lot more time, effort and creativity to come up with a thoughtful, personalized gift box/bag/whatever than buying concert tickets online. Besides, with friends, we do fun stuff together all the time, that’s why we are friends, and I always had issues with scheduling when I tried to gift an experience to anybody. But each to their own. 

Archived