TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

4 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I like giving gifts, it takes a lot more time, effort and creativity to come up with a thoughtful, personalized gift box/bag/whatever than buying concert tickets online. Besides, with friends, we do fun stuff together all the time, that’s why we are friends, and I always had issues with scheduling when I tried to gift an experience to anybody. But each to their own. 

True, but I don't really have that many (very few in fact) people who I would consider close enough to warrant a gift/celebration so I work it out . 

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ahh! I see. Football is very controversial around here as well. And we keep referencing 1953... I guess that was the last time our football was strong. 

I’m just not that interested in it, give me tennis or Moto GP any day over football.

14 hours ago, Vin said:

I don't like giving gifts unless it's like a memento or something. I much prefer taking people out to do something fun together and if we're lucky memorable.

And that's after multiple slimming regiments lol 

No city is boring (except new York . Fuck new York) they all have their unique nooks and crannies , their own nature and idiosyncrasies . Go out and look , sniff the polls ,pick up some stones , order a dish you can't pronounce , annoy old retired people with questions ,observe if the city has more dogs or cats , check local potato prices , so many flavors ... you simply can't only pick the library my dear . One of my favorite weird things to do is ask someone for a story if we're stuck somewhere for a while ,makes the dmv a whole new experience.

Oh you know ...

That simply will not do sweet pea . You should totally makes some moves . What are they gonna do ,think you're weird ? You've already made eye contact and according to Willy Shakespeare that's more than enough .  

What can I say , I was born with a stupid amount of confidence. And I mean STUPID  , like it got me into situations where I was like " I should/could totally do that "  and then fail and get some humiliation in return but that was a net positive because I hated the failure and humiliation so much that I basically just worked ridiculously hard at everything since I was kid . Moral of the story people should do stupid things so they can be marvelous like us  /rant 

I dunno , I love it . Mom comes from Bonn so that's where I spent most of the time , the river is great , the baroque and Gothic architecture is wonderful . State is full of cool shit to discover outside of industrial centers .

I was actually quite shy when I was little, then suffered from quite bad depression until my late teens, then something suddenly changed, which was probably for the best.

16 hours ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

Capitals never are, but I still very much prefer Berlin to NRW.

My (admittedly limited) experience of NRW has been either one industrial area after another connected by endless stretches of busy Autobahn, dirty train stations full of unfriendly people, equally dirty and identical looking town centers, catholics judging me for holding hands with my best friend of the same sex, or complete and utter dörfliche Einöde (though tbf there's plenty of that in other areas as well.) Didn't exactly inspire me to go back for more :lol:

:lol: Tell us more about your experience with various regions. I have never been to NRW. But I do actually want to visit Köln.

15 hours ago, Vin said:

I don't like giving gifts unless it's like a memento or something. I much prefer taking people out to do something fun together and if we're lucky memorable.

I agree with that. Gifts are often so forced because one never knows what to give to somebody. But showing you want to spend time with somebody is very important. Making nice memories together really counts. :)

15 hours ago, Vin said:

Oh you know ...

That simply will not do sweet pea . You should totally makes some moves . What are they gonna do ,think you're weird ? You've already made eye contact and according to Willy Shakespeare that's more than enough . 

That is an adorable gif. :P

And ... :blushing: I know. :blushing:

4 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

I’m just not that interested in it, give me tennis or Moto GP any day over football.

I was actually quite shy when I was little, then suffered from quite bad depression until my late teens, then something suddenly changed, which was probably for the best.

I like tennis ,I suck at it but I like it . Never understood moto gp tho .

Hmm, can't say that I relate to that . I don't think I've ever been depressed , sad , frustrated and exhausted with life ? Sure . But depressed ,no I don't think so . Glad that's behind you . 

As for shyness ,I wasn't shy at all , I just never lost that childlike brutal honesty . I would go on making insensitive statements and questions well into my early 20s . But by the time I finished my first Ma I had acquired some selective finesse .

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:lol: Tell us more about your experience with various regions. I have never been to NRW. But I do actually want to visit Köln.

I agree with that. Gifts are often so forced because one never knows what to give to somebody. But showing you want to spend time with somebody is very important. Making nice memories together really counts. :)

That is an adorable gif. :P

And ... :blushing: I know. :blushing:

Köln is lovely . Love the skyline there . Should totally hear the local dialect as well , it's fascinating.

I'm of the opinion that if you don't know that person well enough to know what would be meaningful and special to them then you probably shouldn't be giving them anything to begin with , you're not that close. Just say happy birthday . Totally agree about the statement of spending time with people , time is the most valuable thing we have after all (because I'm feeling a bit cheesy ) .

Marlon Brando is a national treasure . It is known .

Just practice your Audrey looks . those are deadly .:wub:

1 hour ago, Vin said:

I like tennis ,I suck at it but I like it . Never understood moto gp tho .

Hmm, can't say that I relate to that . I don't think I've ever been depressed , sad , frustrated and exhausted with life ? Sure . But depressed ,no I don't think so . Glad that's behind you . 

As for shyness ,I wasn't shy at all , I just never lost that childlike brutal honesty . I would go on making insensitive statements and questions well into my early 20s . But by the time I finished my first Ma I had acquired some selective finesse .

Moto GP is pretty straightforward, it’s a bunch of guys on really fast bikes racing each other and overtaking lots :P.

I guess it depends on your environment growing up, mine wasn’t always the happiest so I’d say that had an effect on my being depressed later.

I’m still very in touch with those emotions now it’s just now I’m in a much happier place so can process them and deal with them.

Generally if I say something insensitive nowadays it’s because I meant to for one reason or another, I’m actually pretty nice to people most of the time (don’t tell Buck though I have a reputation to uphold).

I am proud to say I have made a friend in this strange city. Now the city does not seem that strange anymore.

3 hours ago, Vin said:

I am very shy. I am learning to be braver, though.

3 hours ago, Vin said:

Köln is lovely . Love the skyline there . Should totally hear the local dialect as well , it's fascinating.

Oh no, the dialect there must be even stranger than here - I am still somewhat south of it. :D (Isn't it right, @Adz of CCAA?)

Talk to me "wie an echta Wiiana" and I will be a happy Madl. :P

3 hours ago, Vin said:

Just practice your Audrey looks . those are deadly .:wub:

;) Wink!

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Generally if I say something insensitive nowadays it’s because I meant to for one reason or another, I’m actually pretty nice to people most of the time (don’t tell Buck though I have a reputation to uphold).

I can here you! And come on, like we didn't know you were actually a Hufflepuff-Jedi-Stark hop hop at heart. ;)

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

I can here you! And come on, like we didn't know you were actually a Hufflepuff-Jedi-Stark hop hop at heart. ;)

I think my obvious love of hop hops might have given me away!.

Also, take that back :P, I could tolerate being likened to Marceline from Adventure Time by ab, because I guess I am a bit like her (good deep down), but a Jedi and a Stark, never:devil:.

Im off to fly my dragon :commie:.

I’m a studeeeennnnnnnttttttt!

again. Or will be come September/once uni receives my acceptance letter and bank transfer. 

In other words, I got an unconditional offer. With a partial scholarship based on academic excellence :)

edit: the only way plans change now is if I get offered a job I interviewed for last week but that’s not likely so STUDENT!

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

again. Or will be come September/once uni receives my acceptance letter and bank transfer. 

In other words, I got an unconditional offer. With a partial scholarship based on academic excellence :)

edit: the only way plans change now is if I get offered a job I interviewed for last week but that’s not likely so STUDENT!

I am sorry, but that is not a satisfactoy post. One does not simply post I'm a student without a gif of Heather attached.

That is to say, congratulations! :commie: Being a student is great.

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Congrats! :cheers: Being a student is cool. 

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Yay! :commie:, really happy for you, I’m sure you will fly through the LPC!.

That moment when you had a post lined up with a full arsenal of replies , GIFs , memes and sharp remarks that reflect your rapier wit (or the fact that you've been re-reading Jane Austen , god bless her soul ) but your battery dies and your genius is forever lost so all that remains you is the constant battle against nihilism . Le sigh /rant .

Congrats madam Helena . Hope this makes you happy .

On 7/16/2018 at 6:25 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Congrats :cheers: and good on you for academic excellence! 

I am ... readind scholarly stuff in my room. Later, I will go to the library and to more study-related things there. I mean, right now I am having a break and cooking lunch.

The professor tasked me with even more work - now I have to read even more theory. I feel like that completely steers me from my topic. :( 

Somebody please tell me why I ever thought this study thingy was a good idea.

:read:

BusyBucky

There was a suspicious bug in my room and sister told me to rescue it, so we took it out in a cup, only to google and find out that it was indeed a cockroach...................

now she keeps telling me we’ll die in some septic disease or allergic reaction or something, and as hypochondriac and paranoid as I am, this kind of unnecessary catastrophizing doesn’t sit well with me, so we are not talking. 

Just when I come to the conclusion that I actually enjoy the adventures of not having a bathroom and washing from a plastic basin in a 1.5 square meter lavatory, shit like this ends up happening. Like come on... I’ve become too urban for shit like this. I just want to go somewhere clean, safe and quiet. Just for a goddamn weekend. Please. 

So guess who just stayed two evenings in a row in the library almost until closing time, which happens to be 11 PM? *points two thumbs at herself* :lol:

This keeping the library open until 11 PM even on weekends, even during summer holidays, is odd, but not that I complain! I much prefer staying there studying till late in the evening than going there at 7 in the morning or some such nonsense.

:read: Busy Bucky. Had a reasonably productive day today.

18 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

So I’m stuck in a tram stop. Not sure what this fountain is trying to achieve

Show to that pesky rain that water can move the other way too?

So I was just reading a book about fantasy literature from the 1980s. Some good stuff in there. Such as:

- fantasy and erotic literature are closely related

- the author thinks it is barely possible that one can add anything new to the vampire-mythos. Again, that was written in the 80s. I am really courious about what he thinks about the current wave of teenage vampire fiction. :lol:

Archived