TTTNE 473: An Obsession of Joshes

Buckwheat

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

:crying: I’m feeling pretty upset right now, I found out someone I knew quite well and considered a friend is no longer with us as of a few days ago and only heard today, total shock too they were only a few years older than me.

Oh, I’m very sorry, it’s really awful to hear of someone’s passing especially when they are close to you in age. It makes it not only sad but somehow scary too. My condolences. :grouphug: 

23 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Admissions services at the uni are a total shambles. Gave me several days of unnecessary stress because for whatever reason they had categorised me as an international student, meaning I had been informed I owed higher fees and a £6000 deposit! After days of calling with no luck and several I replied to emails, I finally got a response tonight that it was an admin error, and a copy of my offer with the correct fees and no deposit. I think those few days of panic aged me about 50 years

This is outrageous :( bloody bureaucracy... glad to hear everything is okay but come on, who needs this in their life? Why can’t people just pay attention to their job? :/ 

22 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

That's very sensible and practical thinking. I mean you can be the safest driver in the world but you can't account for other road users acting stupid or unforeseeable issues with the bike. Hugs again :grouphug:

Thank you :grouphug:, I think it’s the best decision too, from now on I shall be sticking to my car.

20 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Oh, I’m very sorry, it’s really awful to hear of someone’s passing especially when they are close to you in age. It makes it not only sad but somehow scary too. My condolences. :grouphug: 

This is outrageous :( bloody bureaucracy... glad to hear everything is okay but come on, who needs this in their life? Why can’t people just pay attention to their job? :/ 

Thank you :grouphug:.

19 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am sorry, Darth Sidious. :grouphug: 

Thank you Buck :grouphug:, I hope your cold feels better soon.

6 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

One word: aircon.

Or another word: festivals. 

Yes, aircon is stupid. I mean it feels good not to sit in 33°C inside a building, but the switch between the inside and the outside the moment you step out/in is just unhealthy. I spend most of the time in the library, which is pleasantly cool, but then I step outside and it is very hot.

It is also way too hot to sleep at night, and this is not the bed I am used to and it is uncomfortable, so I don't sleep well. :angry:

So I am not one to indulge in shameless consumerism to satisfy my emotional needs, but I just went out and bought a cute top and skirt on sale and I feel a lot better about being in this shithole of a city, having a cold, not having basically any acquaintances here (that is why I am spamming so much here lately, in case that wasn't obvious), not being able to sleep, still having to work my ass off in the library for a week or so more, and waiting for my period to arrive. I am even going to go have some stuff done tonight. R'Hllor bless late night library opening hours.

Thank you Buck :grouphug:, I hope your cold feels better soon.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

shithole of a city

Told you NRW sucks :lol: I hope you feel better soon though, I've been knocked out with a summer cold for a few weeks too so I really sympathise.

It's 30 degrees and it's not even noon. This heat is killing me :stillsick:

28 minutes ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

Told you NRW sucks :lol: I hope you feel better soon though, I've been knocked out with a summer cold for a few weeks too so I really sympathise.

It's 30 degrees and it's not even noon. This heat is killing me :stillsick:

I mean, I am actually in BaWü, but thank you, now I know I don't want to go to NRW either. :lol:

And yes, it is so hot even here.

33 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I mean, I am actually in BaWü, but thank you, now I know I don't want to go to NRW either. :lol:

And yes, it is so hot even here.

BaWü is even worse, it has everything I already dislike about NRW plus the most grating German accent :lol:

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, aircon is stupid. I mean it feels good not to sit in 33°C inside a building, but the switch between the inside and the outside the moment you step out/in is just unhealthy. I spend most of the time in the library, which is pleasantly cool, but then I step outside and it is very hot.

It is also way too hot to sleep at night, and this is not the bed I am used to and it is uncomfortable, so I don't sleep well. :angry:

So I am not one to indulge in shameless consumerism to satisfy my emotional needs, but I just went out and bought a cute top and skirt on sale and I feel a lot better about being in this shithole of a city, having a cold, not having basically any acquaintances here (that is why I am spamming so much here lately, in case that wasn't obvious), not being able to sleep, still having to work my ass off in the library for a week or so more, and waiting for my period to arrive. I am even going to go have some stuff done tonight. R'Hllor bless late night library opening hours.

Thank you.

Yes, I feel you, though I dont really spend time in extreme air con, we always turn it off after half an hour at work too and the aircon at home isn’t any help at all. Agree about sleeping too. 

Aww, I’m so proud :commie: 

3 hours ago, Nazca Barsavi said:

BaWü is even worse, it has everything I already dislike about NRW plus the most grating German accent :lol:

Tell us which part of the country you actually like. :P

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Yes, I feel you, though I dont really spend time in extreme air con, we always turn it off after half an hour at work too and the aircon at home isn’t any help at all. Agree about sleeping too. 

Aww, I’m so proud :commie: 

I knew you would be. :blushing:

I want sweets. Chocolate. I mean, I am already getting fat. But still, I want chocolate.

I’m getting air conditioning installed next week, can’t wait, so much easier to sleep.

I am sure it will be better. Just make sure it does not blow cold directly over mini Sith or anybody else while sleeping. ;)

On 6/16/2018 at 7:05 PM, The EnglishBear said:

Can I just get a vague idea what browsers you all use? I've become increasingly fed up by Firefox, ever since the updates to 'quantum' last year, it's been very temperamental. Occasionally just freezes up, loads videos very slowly. I was hoping they'd figure it out, but nothing has been forthcoming, and if anything it seems to be getting worse.

So I'm trying out Chrome.

Google is making Youtube run slowly on all browers but Chrome, just FYI, in their quest to turn Chrome into IE6.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Tell us which part of the country you actually like. :P

I knew you would be. :blushing:

I want sweets. Chocolate. I mean, I am already getting fat. But still, I want chocolate.

I am sure it will be better. Just make sure it does not blow cold directly over mini Sith or anybody else while sleeping. ;)

They are the type which sit on a wall and just cool the room altogether so once it reaches the temperature you set it will go off for a while.

Mini Sith has been feeling the heat a bit, she has been more sleepy than normal!, we’ve just kept her out of the sun and made sure she is getting enough to drink.

Also I love how you and Rhae care about her so much, even though she is destined to be a Galaxy conquering Sith Lady!.

Are you feeling any better btw?.

4 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Google is making Youtube run slowly on all browers but Chrome, just FYI, in their quest to turn Chrome into IE6.

Is this actually proveable? 'Cos that's remarkably petty. But it wasn't just YouTube it was everything, I've pretty much fully converted to Chrome now anyway.

On 7/21/2018 at 5:10 AM, Lord Sidious said:

How is everyone’s weekend going so far?, mine is actually going quite well, I managed to get a full uninterrupted 6 hours sleep last night :D.

So. Jealous. 

On 7/24/2018 at 4:54 AM, Buckwheat said:

Also, did I mention how much I still like my short hair? It was a great decision to get rid of my glorious mane, despite the fact that now I cannot pretend to be a victorious Dothraki. :P It is so much more practical. I just washed it a bit earlier and it is drying so quickly! Also, do dropping everywhere around.

How much did you cut? I bet it looks great, I like short hair. 

On 7/24/2018 at 2:13 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Admissions services at the uni are a total shambles. Gave me several days of unnecessary stress because for whatever reason they had categorised me as an international student, meaning I had been informed I owed higher fees and a £6000 deposit! After days of calling with no luck and several I replied to emails, I finally got a response tonight that it was an admin error, and a copy of my offer with the correct fees and no deposit. I think those few days of panic aged me about 50 years

I understand this quite well. When I checked in for my cesarean at 5:30am the lady told me I owed a $1900 deposit because the procedure would be $5k. My insurance cover all maternity costs so I was like :o and said no I don’t think that’s correct. They took me back anyway and my blood pressure was through the roof! Not great right before a major surgery. Anyway, I called later that day and it was sorted out. But man, that probably aged me a few years. I’m glad yours was sorted out as well and hopefully it doesn’t happen again! 

On 7/25/2018 at 11:27 AM, Lord Sidious said:

:crying: I’m feeling pretty upset right now, I found out someone I knew quite well and considered a friend is no longer with us as of a few days ago and only heard today, total shock too they were only a few years older than me.

I’m so sorry :grouphug:

13 hours ago, The EnglishBear said:

Is this actually proveable? 'Cos that's remarkably petty. But it wasn't just YouTube it was everything, I've pretty much fully converted to Chrome now anyway.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-make-youtube-faster-in-non-chrome-browsers-safari-edge-firefox/

I can't speak for all videos since I've found Firefox pretty good since teh Quantum update - in fact I just moved back to Firefox from Chrome after years.

17 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

How much did you cut? I bet it looks great, I like short hair. 

More than half a meter. :P Basically the whole length of my back.

17 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Oh btw - it’s been over 115F here this week. 

*googles* Wait, that is 46°C? :o That cannot be right, can it?

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

More than half a meter. :P Basically the whole length of my back.

*googles* Wait, that is 46°C? :o That cannot be right, can it?

So like a bob cut? I love those. 

Its actually 47C, lol. It’s not so bad since it’s the desert and very low humidity but like this weekend we get what they call monsoons and then we have some humidity. I don’t like humidity. We have a pool that we use daily so that really helps. 

Archived